NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kareem Hunt 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, daynlokki said:

Going off of Washington State Patrol guidelines for DUI and marijuana use.  It's as accurate as whatever their testing system is.

I think he was referring to the time. My understanding was one month, not two for THC. 

In any case - nothing is going to happen to Hunt and he'll be signed to a max contract with CLE because I own Chubb, so none of this matters.

PS RW forums - could you please adapt default underlines to only the WORD underlined instead of the WORD+ the space after it? Really really dumb and I'm tired of editing it so leaving as is to illustrate the point.

Edited by SuperJoint
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is who we thought he was.   A former NFL rushing champion and the best RB on his football team.

The Browns are still the same team that scored 6 points in week 1. They don't get to play the Bengals (missing both Geno Atkins and Mike Daniels) every week and there will be far fewer TDs to go aroun

Lmao   I'd never give up on Khunt not for some piece of sausage like JJS.   I'd just keep pounding Khunt till they couldnt take it anymore.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, daynlokki said:

Going off of Washington State Patrol guidelines for DUI and marijuana use.  It's as accurate as whatever their testing system is.

Right. I'm just going off science. 

11 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Right. I'm just going off science. 

I'd assume they would be too...  not sure what your point is with this.

16 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

I think he was referring to the time. My understanding was one month, not two for THC. 

In any case - nothing is going to happen to Hunt and he'll be signed to a max contract with CLE because I own Chubb, so none of this matters.

PS RW forums - could you please adapt default underlines to only the WORD underlined instead of the WORD+ the space after it? Really really dumb and I'm tired of editing it so leaving as is to illustrate the point.

Turn off underline before making a space. Like so

19 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

It really depends on your body and how much you smoke. I’ve passed a urine test after being clean for 2 weeks (moderate use) and had a friend who failed a test after 3 months (super heavy use though)

if its a mouth swab you can smoke the day before and pass (personal experience lol)

Weird, it said mouth swab can take a few days, but usually shows up for longer.

On 1/31/2020 at 2:39 PM, daynlokki said:

I'd assume they would be too...  not sure what your point is with this.

THC does not stay in your system 2 months. His numbers were wrong, I was just correcting.

31 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

THC does not stay in your system 2 months. His numbers were wrong, I was just correcting.

Urine, blood saliva ususally undetectable after 30 dys.

Hair follicle detectable up to 90days

• Like 2
4 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Yes - this is my understanding as well.

Usually being the key term. For an everyday user it’s longer. For someone who works out everyday it’s longer as THC is stored in fat and as you break it down, it shows up in urine at a higher level than normal. 

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

Usually being the key term. For an everyday user it’s longer. For someone who works out everyday it’s longer as THC is stored in fat and as you break it down, it shows up in urine at a higher level than normal. 

That is only if you go from sedentary to working out or drop body mass.

Edit: There's also interesting info out there about how follicle tests are biased against African American hair, both in how long the THC is testable and false positives due to the protein structure.

Edited by hoppychokes
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

That is only if you go from sedentary to working out or drop body mass.

Edit: There's also interesting info out there about how follicle tests are biased against African American hair, both in how long the THC is testable and false positives due to the protein structure.

Football should have been using the Olympic standards long ago. 

On 1/28/2020 at 11:51 AM, dashoe said:

He would be perfect in tampa or Miami based purely on volume and his ability to pass protect and catch pases. He would never leave the field 😂

I think Hunt and South Beach would be a trainwreck waiting to happen. Lol. 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I think Hunt and South Beach would be a trainwreck waiting to happen. Lol. 

I think ll of his off field problems occurred when he was around friends/family/entourage in Ohio🤨

27 minutes ago, devaster said:

He could end up back with the Chiefs.

After that abysmal running game this season it is apparent he was a true difference maker as a talent in that backfield

Man, this guy really must be hurting now, watching a replacement level player named Damien Williams get into the end zone twice.  Could have had a ring had he been a better person and kept his nose clean.  And it sure seems like in Cleveland he hasn't done that either.  He's not Josh Gordon 2.0, but if he knows he's on a short leash, then he needs to do better.

Much as how I'd love to see him back in KC, I don't see how management reverses their philosophy on why he was jettisoned in the first place.  "We don't tolerate that type of individual here.  But, oh wait, our run game is average so we'll make an exception for Kareem and bring him back"?  It's not happening.

9 hours ago, dashoe said:

I think ll of his off field problems occurred when he was around friends/family/entourage in Ohio🤨

Could be very true. A lot of my fellow LSU fans wanted the Saints to draft Tyrann Mathieu...and then wanted the Saints to sign him as a FA. But for me and other LSU fans, we knew the best thing for him was to never play for the Saints because that would put him back home and back around all of his old friends/family/entourage...and Mathieu had a very rough upbringing. Getting away from south Louisiana is probably the best thing that's ever happened for him. And getting away from Cleveland may very well be the best thing for Hunt. 

As a Hunt owner in a keeper league, I selfishly hope he and the Browns believe the same. LOL. 

10 hours ago, dashoe said:

After that abysmal running game this season it is apparent he was a true difference maker as a talent in that backfield

I really would’ve liked to see what DW could’ve accomplished had he remained healthy all season.  Perhaps it went overlooked, but as soon as he got healthy, he immediately resumed putting up RB1 numbers on a per-game basis.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 6:43 AM, dmb3684 said:

This would be false in Mass. Not sure if laws are different. 

Either way, I dont want this cop patrolling my town and I hope Hunt gets kicked out of the league. Guy is a trash human.

You don't want this guy working in your town because he used his discretion and didn't give a guy a ticket for two extremely minor infractions on top of the speeding ticket? That makes sense.

Cop arrests someone for marijuana possession: "Weed should be legal! I can't believe cops would arrest someone for something that grows in the ground!"

Cop doesn't arrest someone for marijuana possession: "I can't believe that cop didn't arrest him! That cop should lose his job!"

Marijuana is decriminalized or actually legal everywhere in the United States. Most cops don't care about weed unless you're dealing or transporting pounds illegally. An open container of vodka in the backseat is illegal sure but Hunt wasn't impaired and the cop determined he wasn't consuming it while driving.

19 hours ago, munde53 said:

You don't want this guy working in your town because he used his discretion and didn't give a guy a ticket for two extremely minor infractions on top of the speeding ticket? That makes sense.

Cop arrests someone for marijuana possession: "Weed should be legal! I can't believe cops would arrest someone for something that grows in the ground!"

Cop doesn't arrest someone for marijuana possession: "I can't believe that cop didn't arrest him! That cop should lose his job!"

Marijuana is decriminalized or actually legal everywhere in the United States. Most cops don't care about weed unless you're dealing or transporting pounds illegally. An open container of vodka in the backseat is illegal sure but Hunt wasn't impaired and the cop determined he wasn't consuming it while driving.

Did you see the video? You think the cop treated him as he would a regular driver?

• 1 month later...

There were a couple of moves today that could have some affect on Hunt. Houston could have been a potential landing spot for Hunt, but they stupidly traded Nuk for DJ. So that is a place that is out. Atlanta cut Freeman today, as well, and while someone will sign him, I can't imagine Freeman going anywhere as a feature back. Atlanta could be opened up as a potential landing spot along with a place like Miami. I'm not sure that Hunt is actually going to leave Cleveland, but it's interesting to follow. 

14 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

There were a couple of moves today that could have some affect on Hunt. Houston could have been a potential landing spot for Hunt, but they stupidly traded Nuk for DJ. So that is a place that is out. Atlanta cut Freeman today, as well, and while someone will sign him, I can't imagine Freeman going anywhere as a feature back. Atlanta could be opened up as a potential landing spot along with a place like Miami. I'm not sure that Hunt is actually going to leave Cleveland, but it's interesting to follow. 

Beyond that, Hunt was given a 2nd round tender, so that really lessens the chance someone else will sign him.

10 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Atlanta traded their 2nd for Hurst. I still think Tampa, Atlanta, KC, and Miami make sense. 

7 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Atlanta traded their 2nd for Hurst. I still think Tampa, Atlanta, KC, and Miami make sense. 

0 chance KC signs hunt.

Miami just signed Howard so they are out too imo.

Atlanta makes alot of sense.

Would love to see Tampa, gotta believe Hunt can be had for cheaper than Melvin G even with a 2nd pick included. Tampa will need a good pass protector on the field at all times.

Ultimately I think he’s stuck in Cleveland,rbs are a dime a dozen nowadays