NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kareem Hunt 2020 Outlook

I'm very hesitant to buy in on Hunt this year as anything but a flex/bye week fill-in or upside RB (in case Chubb gets hurt). I think he'll be inconsistent.   He'll be the 4th option when on the field after OBJ, Landry, and Hooper (and they also have Njoku).  Seems like for him to get enough points to be start-able in fantasy it'll have to be in games where the Browns will be trailing from behind.  

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is who we thought he was.   A former NFL rushing champion and the best RB on his football team.

The Browns are still the same team that scored 6 points in week 1. They don't get to play the Bengals (missing both Geno Atkins and Mike Daniels) every week and there will be far fewer TDs to go aroun

Lmao   I'd never give up on Khunt not for some piece of sausage like JJS.   I'd just keep pounding Khunt till they couldnt take it anymore.

Posted Images

12 hours ago, nk2333 said:

I'm very hesitant to buy in on Hunt this year as anything but a flex/bye week fill-in or upside RB (in case Chubb gets hurt). I think he'll be inconsistent.   He'll be the 4th option when on the field after OBJ, Landry, and Hooper (and they also have Njoku).  Seems like for him to get enough points to be start-able in fantasy it'll have to be in games where the Browns will be trailing from behind.  

Even after they just said he might also serve as the slot receiver?

10 hours ago, BMcP said:

Even after they just said he might also serve as the slot receiver?

Could be just coachspeak or he could get only a few snaps at the slot.  If Higgins wasn't there, i'd buy more into it but apparently Higgins has good chemistry with Mayfield. 

Edited by nk2333
On 6/21/2020 at 1:27 AM, nk2333 said:

Seeing as how they lost 8 games last year by 14+, is it a worry they won’t be trailing behind often?

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

They lost schoebert and damarius Randall so defense is probably worse

Schoby was a big loss, but Randall isn't truly effecting any offensive players situation. As a Brown fan, I think he was eluding to the Browns not being behind in so many games due to the ineptitude that was Freddie K. 

On 6/22/2020 at 6:32 PM, hoppychokes said:

Seeing as how they lost 8 games last year by 14+, is it a worry they won’t be trailing behind often?

Mostly everyone expected the Browns to be a 9-7, 10-6 team last year.  They obviously under performed and I expect them to be better than the 6-10 team they were last year.  

55 minutes ago, nk2333 said:

Mostly everyone expected the Browns to be a 9-7, 10-6 team last year.  They obviously under performed and I expect them to be better than the 6-10 team they were last year.  

Literally every year, this is the narrative. And then the Browns prove they are the Browns, I fully expect the cycle to continue.

1 hour ago, nk2333 said:

Just like in 2008 when everyone thought they were the clear division favorite, they crashed and burned. They had 2 less wins than the Steelers despite Ben only playing 1.5 games. Ben is back and Bengals have Burrow. Not many gimmes on the schedule either. I think there's a good chance theyre a 4-5 win team.

2 hours ago, Evincar said:

Just like in 2008 when everyone thought they were the clear division favorite, they crashed and burned. They had 2 less wins than the Steelers despite Ben only playing 1.5 games. Ben is back and Bengals have Burrow. Not many gimmes on the schedule either. I think there's a good chance theyre a 4-5 win team.

Somehow they manage to lose a game or two more than last year, even with the additions they've made? I get I may be a bit biased as a Browns fan, but I see them as a 8-9 win team, with a potential of double digits. There's certainly a chance Stefanski isn't the guy, but the roster is clearly loaded. 

2 hours ago, Evincar said:

On talent alone there is zero chance the Browns are a 4-5 win team.

If that has happened then Stefanski has been a dumpster fire of a coach or their team has been decimated with injuries to major players and likely Baker

I am a huge Baker skeptic and didn't think Stefanski was a particularly good hire either but the Browns will win 8-9 games and flirt with the 7 seed at least if remotely healthy.

Baltimore is not going 14-2 again and I have already expressed my skepticism that Ben being back will make the Steelers contenders or even that it will make them better than 8-8 (a record they were lucky--statistically speaking--to have last year).

The Bengals I agree though are no longer an easy W but the Browns split with them last year anyways and still got more than 4-5 wins

As for Hunt there is a lot to like about his current ADP if it holds.

I can see an efficient PPR FLEX/even a low RB2 with his pass catching chops and possibly even on the ground with how much Stefanski ran the ball in Minnesota

On 6/25/2020 at 2:56 PM, this guy right here said:

A 3rd down back that has stand alone value, as he's assured productivity, that can be a league winner when he becomes the bell cow if the lead dog goes down.

Yes please.

I don’t know how much stand alone value he has. I wouldn’t even be comfortable with him as my flex. Low TD probability due to Chubb having that role on lock and he didn’t break 50 rushing yards once.

Obviously he has more value than pretty much other hand cuff due to him being a good bet to put up top 5 RB numbers if Chubb went down and he also isn’t useless even with Chubb. However, his price is too steep right now in my opinion. I’d take guys like Akers and Swift for sure over him for example. 

3 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I don’t know how much stand alone value he has. I wouldn’t even be comfortable with him as my flex. Low TD probability due to Chubb having that role on lock and he didn’t break 50 rushing yards once.

Obviously he has more value than pretty much other hand cuff due to him being a good bet to put up top 5 RB numbers if Chubb went down and he also isn’t useless even with Chubb. However, his price is too steep right now in my opinion. I’d take guys like Akers and Swift for sure over him for example. 

Akers and Swift have not been assured a high-volume role either and have never played a down in the NFL.  And also I'm assuming you play non-PPR because you only mention TD and rushing yards.

On 6/27/2020 at 5:26 AM, Gohawks said:

League size/settings plays a big part. In full PPR he's was a better than a flex last year. 

10 11/10 BUF 4 30 7.5 9 0 7 44 6.3 19 0 0 14.4
11 11/14 PIT 6 12 2.0 7 0 6 46 7.7 20 0 0 11.8
12 11/24 MIA 8 37 4.6 9 1 2 9 4.5 6 0 0 12.6
13 12/01 @PIT 7 46 6.6 16 0 5 19 3.8 15 1 0 17.5
14 12/08 CIN 9 28 3.1 7 1 2 40 20.0 29 0 0 14.8
15 12/15 @ARI 4 14 3.5 6 0 8 62 7.8 16 0 0 15.6
16 12/22 BAL 2 8 4.0 6 0 4 33 8.2 12 0 0 8.1

They were 4-4 in those 8gms....two wins were blow outs. He was fairly involved. 

• 1 month later...

If you were a Chubb owner, how much of a "must own" would you rank Hunt?

I think it's pretty high? I see no reason why you wouldn't want to do so, even at a semi high price. He's going in the late 5th to 6th.. any reason to not do so for some of the other picks around that range? 

9 hours ago, Soafanforlife said:

If you were a Chubb owner, how much of a "must own" would you rank Hunt?

I think it's pretty high? I see no reason why you wouldn't want to do so, even at a semi high price. He's going in the late 5th to 6th.. any reason to not do so for some of the other picks around that range? 

I think the opposite, if I owned one, I wouldn't really want the other. I owned both last year and I could never bring myself to start 2 rbs from the same team so hunt stayed on my bench. A lot depends on the browns performing every week, I prefer to spread my risk around

• Like 1

yea drafting both doesnt make sense in this situation. ur basically hoping chubb or hunt go down so the other becomes that top 5 rb.

if i  owned chubb then id draft dobbins/rojo over hunt. if we are talking rb in the middle rds.

Chubb going in the 2nd and hunt going in the 5th makes no sense to me. I'm going to reach for Hunt mid 4th just to make sure I get him. If Chubb gets hurt he's a league winner. Even if chubbs healthy he should get 10-15 touches a game

I'm way high on him in PPR. I have him ranked over Aaron Jones, bell, and gordon

Edited by scheibler
11 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Chubb going in the 2nd and hunt going in the 5th makes no sense to me. I'm going to reach for Hunt mid 4th just to make sure I get him. If Chubb gets hurt he's a league winner. Even if chubbs healthy he should get 10-15 touches a game

I'm way high on him in PPR. I have him ranked over Aaron Jones, bell, and gordon

In what world do you have him ranked over Aaron Jones? Jones has a similar pass catching floor, will get tons more carries, and more TD upside. I don’t think they’re particularly close. If the Browns are up in games I have a feeling that Chubb will dominate snap share. Jones is game script proof imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Olliemets said:

In what world do you have him ranked over Aaron Jones? Jones has a similar pass catching floor, will get tons more carries, and more TD upside. I don’t think they’re particularly close. If the Browns are up in games I have a feeling that Chubb will dominate snap share. Jones is game script proof imo.

This world lol. Jones is more injury prone and very TD dependent. I expect his TDs to regress especially with the addition of Dillon who's a tank. He was in a 50/50 timeshare with bum Williams and drafting Dillon will only make it worse. I won't be touching him in rds 2/3. 

3 minutes ago, scheibler said:

This world lol. Jones is more injury prone and very TD dependent. I expect his TDs to regress especially with the addition of Dillon who's a tank. He was in a 50/50 timeshare with bum Williams and drafting Dillon will only make it worse. I won't be touching him in rds 2/3. 

Understand that point and agree with it but the TD regression is already baked into his ADP. He was the RB2 last year in .5 PPR and he’s being drafted as the RB 11-13. If you took away 10 of his TDs (19 to 9), he would’ve still been the RB9 in .5 PPR. I don’t think Hunt approaches double digit TDs, Jones is a near lock to at least be close to that mark.

28 minutes ago, scheibler said:

I'm there as well.  If my first three picks are RB/WR/WR, I'm happy to have Hunt as an RB2.