NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kareem Hunt 2020 Outlook

K197040

Can't help but read all the responses "if Chubb gets hurt"  

What if Chubb doesn't get hurt? Are you good with 8 or 9 ppr points in your flex?  Cause I'm not.  I think it'll be more of a roller coaster ride than people think. 

Gimme Gallup or T Mac all day long in the 5 or 6th over him

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, phillyfan461 said:

Can't help but read all the responses "if Chubb gets hurt"  

What if Chubb doesn't get hurt? Are you good with 8 or 9 ppr points in your flex?  Cause I'm not.  I think it'll be more of a roller coaster ride than people think. 

Gimme Gallup or T Mac all day long in the 5 or 6th over him

Dude was putting up more pts then Chubb once he was back. I'm perfectly fine with him as my rb2 even if Chubb stays healthy, in ppr.

Edited by scheibler

Don't forget that it is a new head coach and offense. I hear everyone taking Hunt's final 8 games and pro rating them. What if the new regime is different, last year the head coach while in Minnesota ran the ball 83 more times then Cleveland did. This past offseason the Browns put a tender on Hunt but no one signed him so it is not impossible he is moved at some point.

8 hours ago, turner46 said:

Don't forget that it is a new head coach and offense. I hear everyone taking Hunt's final 8 games and pro rating them. What if the new regime is different, last year the head coach while in Minnesota ran the ball 83 more times then Cleveland did. This past offseason the Browns put a tender on Hunt but no one signed him so it is not impossible he is moved at some point.

The new OC has come out and said he wants to get hunt and Chubb each 15 touches a game. He's the perfect buy low rb2 as is with league winning upside if anything happened to chubb. Really don't understand how Chubb is going in the 2nd or 3rd and hunt in the 5th. They should be close in ADP, Chubb lower then the 2nd and hunt higher then the 5th

Edited by scheibler

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, scheibler said:

He's steadily creeped up in ADP. Looks like if you really want him you'll have to burn a mid-late 4th or hope he lasts until mid 5th. He's one of the players I want to reach for personally

This is a tough one. I understand both why he should be drafted higher and why I don't want to reach or spend a 4th on a stated backup or hopeful 50/50 split. Particularly if someone went RB heavy in 1-2 or grabbed more obvious RB1s like Carson, Conner, etc. after the 2nd round. (Arguments for and against those, too.)

On paper, I love Hunt and many think he's the more electric and dynamic back. In some sense, you think he may win out eventually. But most likely outcome is a time share each game and between injuries. Hard to make a call at the moment.

1 hour ago, scheibler said:

He's steadily creeped up in ADP. Looks like if you really want him you'll have to burn a mid-late 4th or hope he lasts until mid 5th. He's one of the players I want to reach for personally

Got him in the mid 5th last night, 12 team PPR. He was my RB2 target and I am happy that I got him. 

14 minutes ago, leebattle said:

This is a tough one. I understand both why he should be drafted higher and why I don't want to reach or spend a 4th on a stated backup or hopeful 50/50 split. Particularly if someone went RB heavy in 1-2 or grabbed more obvious RB1s like Carson, Conner, etc. after the 2nd round. (Arguments for and against those, too.)

On paper, I love Hunt and many think he's the more electric and dynamic back. In some sense, you think he may win out eventually. But most likely outcome is a time share each game and between injuries. Hard to make a call at the moment.

I think a 50/50 split amongst a completely healthy backfield is best case scenario for Hunt. Let's not overlook how incredibly good Nick Chubb is as a real-world running back, odds are Hunt won't ever be able to play Chubb to the bench.. There's things Hunt does better than Chubb but there's also quite a bit that Chubb does better than Hunt as well.. I really think they will cannibalize one another to the point where both RB's current ADP is probably a bit higher than they realistically should be.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MoonBlaster said:

I think a 50/50 split amongst a completely healthy backfield is best case scenario for Hunt. Let's not overlook how incredibly good Nick Chubb is as a real-world running back, odds are Hunt won't ever be able to play Chubb to the bench.. There's things Hunt does better than Chubb but there's also quite a bit that Chubb does better than Hunt as well.. I really think they will cannibalize one another to the point where both RB's current ADP is probably a bit higher than they realistically should be.  

I don't think anybody ever said he'd get above that. It is the Chubb owners paying an outrageous price. Nobody is reaching on Hunt.

10 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I don't think anybody ever said he'd get above that. It is the Chubb owners paying an outrageous price. Nobody is reaching on Hunt.

Well the message I originally quoted seemed to imply that some people out there think there is a chance Hunt will somehow resign Chubb to the bench. 

1 hour ago, MoonBlaster said:

Well the message I originally quoted seemed to imply that some people out there think there is a chance Hunt will somehow resign Chubb to the bench. 

yeah, that's some very wishful thinking by team Hunt ... Chubb is arguably the best pure runner in the leeg (King Hendry right there with him).

i would consider Kickboy if he slid down enough, but i don't see it happening - he can be very useful in ppr, of course, but i won't look 'til late 6th 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Mustangt125 said:

What's he most you guys would spend out of $200 on this cat? He went for $15 in my first, seriously looking at him for my upcoming auction.

Have to believe they'll give him a lot of touches since he'll probably not be on the team next year.

Tough to say without knowing team settings, # of starters, etc. I play in a variety of leagues with differing # of starters (generally with a super flex) and  he is generally between 8 and 15

If chubb had an injury history, then I'd be on board here...

I'm going to skip Hunt, and play a lotto ticket somewhere else. One of the rookie RB's or Latavius or Mattison...

I mean yeah...obviously an awesome handcuff, with sporadic flex value....but I'm sure I can find a better flex option

6 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

Can't believe people are seriously considering a guy who doesn't even have stand alone value as a FLEX in the 4th round. Handcuffs are for the double digit rounds.

This is how you lose leagues.

Coach speak but they said they want to give him 15 touches a game. He outscored Chubb in ppr last yr aswell. Then factor in that if Chubb were to get hurt he's bounced up into tier 2. You can find startable flex wrs very late in drafts. I'm comfortable taking him in rd5 even if he ends up sitting on my bench most weeks. He may surprise and be a very stable play aswell like he was last yr

Edited by scheibler
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, scheibler said:

Coach speak but they said they want to give him 15 touches a game. He outscored Chubb in ppr last yr aswell. Then factor in that if Chubb were to get hurt he's bounced up into tier 2. You can find startable wrs very late in drafts. I'm comfortable taking him in rd5 even if he ends up sitting on my bench most weeks, not so much in rd4 though. 

I can find a starting flex in rounds 7 and beyond. And I can find handcuffs with the same upside in rounds 10 and beyond.

WR is deep, but that doesn't mean you reach for Hunt in the 4th. Terrible value.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

I can find a starting flex in rounds 7 and beyond. And I can find handcuffs with the same upside in rounds 10 and beyond.

WR is deep, but that doesn't mean you reach for Hunt in the 4th. Terrible value.

5th rd is right where he should be imo. 1/2nd for Chubb is the terrible value