NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kareem Hunt 2020 Outlook

22 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

Can't believe people are seriously considering a guy who doesn't even have stand alone value as a FLEX in the 4th round. Handcuffs are for the double digit rounds.

This is how you lose leagues.

He had stand alone flex value last year when he returned. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is who we thought he was.   A former NFL rushing champion and the best RB on his football team.

The Browns are still the same team that scored 6 points in week 1. They don't get to play the Bengals (missing both Geno Atkins and Mike Daniels) every week and there will be far fewer TDs to go aroun

Lmao   I'd never give up on Khunt not for some piece of sausage like JJS.   I'd just keep pounding Khunt till they couldnt take it anymore.

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

I can find a starting flex in rounds 7 and beyond. And I can find handcuffs with the same upside in rounds 10 and beyond.

WR is deep, but that doesn't mean you reach for Hunt in the 4th. Terrible value.

Handcuffs with same upside in round 10 and beyond? I’d like to know who you are talking about, because there is no ‘handcuff’ with the upside of Hunt.

No other ‘handcuff’ has top 5 value if they become the starter, Hunt does. In fact, I’d say that Hunt is the only ‘handcuff’ that if they were to become the starter has more fantasy value than if the current starter was the only back around. 

If there was only one of Chubb or Hunt in CLE, Hunt would be getting drafted probably with Kamara/Cook/CEH, can I say the same for Chubb if Hunt wasn’t there? Probably not, he’d be a couple of spots behind that.

Go back and watch this guy play, Kareem Hunt has immense talent. Dude is a freak, phenomenal in open space, one of the best pass catching RBs in the game, and oh yeah... has the potential to lead the league in rushing yards like he did in 2017. Here’s an excerpt about that season from PFF

”””

He was our second-highest-graded runner and our third-highest-graded running back last year. He was tackled on first contact just 65.3 percent of the time, which ranked fourth-best of 33 qualifying running backs. Among all 32 running backs with at least 150 attempts, he ranked third in yards per carry (4.88), sixth in yards after contact per attempt (3.09), second in missed tackles forced per attempt (0.22), second in PFF elusive rating (73.1), and first in missed tackles forced per touch (0.24). He also ranked fifth of 29 qualifying running backs in receiving fantasy points per target.

“””

Is he gonna be a reliable RB2 with Chubb healthy? No. 

But in the current situation with the Browns can he provide a safe PPR flex floor with undisputed league winning upside? Absolutely, and you can’t say that about any other handcuff in rounds 10 and beyond. 

Edited by next big thing cp84
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

He had stand alone flex value last year when he returned. 

10 ppg in half point ppr. If you're cool spending a 4th/5th on that, more power to you.

1 minute ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Handcuffs with same upside in round 10 and beyond? I’d like to know who you are talking about, because there is no ‘handcuff’ with the upside as Hunt.

No other ‘handcuff’ has top 5 value if they become the starter, Hunt does. In fact, I’d say that Hunt is the only ‘handcuff’ that if they were to become the starter has more fantasy value than if the current starter was the only back around. 

If there was only one of Chubb or Hunt in CLE, Hunt would be getting drafted probably with Kamara/Cook/CEH, can I say the same for Chubb if Hunt wasn’t there? Probably not, he’d be a couple of spots behind that.

Go back and watch this guy play, Kareem Hunt has immense talent. Dude is a freak, phenomenal in open space, one of the best pass catching RBs in the game, and oh yeah... has the potential to lead the league in rushing yards like he did in 2017. Here’s an excerpt about that season from PFF

”””

He was our second-highest-graded runner and our third-highest-graded running back last year. He was tackled on first contact just 65.3 percent of the time, which ranked fourth-best of 33 qualifying running backs. Among all 32 running backs with at least 150 attempts, he ranked third in yards per carry (4.88), sixth in yards after contact per attempt (3.09), second in missed tackles forced per attempt (0.22), second in PFF elusive rating (73.1), and first in missed tackles forced per touch (0.24). He also ranked fifth of 29 qualifying running backs in receiving fantasy points per target.

“””

Is he gonna be a reliable RB2 with Chubb healthy? No. 

But in the current situation with the Browns can he provide a safe PPR flex floor with undisputed league winning upside? Absolutely, and you can’t say that about any other handcuff in rounds 10 and beyond. 

"League winning upside" 

If I had a nickel for every time I've read that here. 

I'm trying to do you guys a favor. I do this for a living. Handcuffs in the 4th/5th round is not a winning strategy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

10 ppg in half point ppr. If you're cool spending a 4th/5th on that, more power to you.

"League winning upside" 

I'm trying to do you guys a favor. I do this for a living. Handcuffs in the 4th/5th round is not a winning strategy.

That was last year tho (1st year with Browns, learning the playbook, & he played half the season) all the blurbs coming out of Browns has been talk of 2 RB's sets.

You must not have seen Hunt play his rookie year in KC, with Alex Smith at QB. This kid is stupid talented, great at everything 

I scooped him up in the 7th, but would have no issues reaching earlier in the 6th or maybe 5th

I think the disagreement in this thread lies over usage. how many times have we drafted guys with undisputed talent and just assumed or prayed they’d beat out someone to earn a role or that a coaching staff would use them correctly or as much as they should. Hunt is

-on a one year contract

-should be a starter (we all agree on this)

-going to have to share check downs Austin Hooper compared to Seals-Jones and Njoku

-playing under a regime that didn’t pursuit him (he’s on a team friendly restricted FA tender) 

-behind a starter who is a former 2nd round pick still playing on a rookie contract with no off the field issues (they probably want to give him a second contract in the future)

-being drafted around J. Taylor and D. Swift. Those two rookies seem to be superior talents to their respective incumbent starters and most people would agree that by mid season will surpass those veteran starters.

In what scenario, does Hunt overtake a healthy Chubb ? How does Hunt matchup in a Flex across from you opponent’s Michael Gallup, Will Fuller, Marquise brown or Tyler Boyd? This is the case against Hunt at his ADP.

1 hour ago, GriffeySwag said:

Can't believe people are seriously considering a guy who doesn't even have stand alone value as a FLEX in the 4th round. Handcuffs are for the double digit rounds.

This is how you lose leagues.

Thing is he does have stand alone FLEX value.  It appears you lose fantasy leagues by listening to guys like you.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, GOAT-dell Beckham said:

I think the disagreement in this thread lies over usage. how many times have we drafted guys with undisputed talent and just assumed or prayed they’d beat out someone to earn a role or that a coaching staff would use them correctly or as much as they should. Hunt is

-on a one year contract

-going to have to share check downs Austin Hooper compared to Seals-Jones and Njoku

-playing under a regime that didn’t pursuit him (he’s on a team friendly restricted FA tender) 

-behind a starter who is a former 2nd round pick still playing on a rookie contract with no off the field issues (they probably want to give him a second contract in the future)

-being drafted around J. Taylor and D. Swift. Those two rookies seem to be superior talents to their respective incumbent starters and most people would agree that by mid season will surpass those veteran starters.

In what scenario, does Hunt overtake a healthy Chubb ? How does Hunt matchup in a Flex across from you opponent’s Michael Gallup, Will Fuller, Marquise brown or Tyler Boyd? This is the case against Hunt at his ADP.

No one is expecting Hunt to overtake Chubb.  30--40% of the carries and a handful of receptions per game and he's gold as a FLEX or even RB2.  If Chubb gets injured then he becomes a league winner.  

6 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

No one is expecting Hunt to overtake Chubb.  30--40% of the carries and a handful of receptions per game and he's gold as a FLEX or even RB2.  If Chubb gets injured then he becomes a league winner.  

You must admit that replication of 2019’s role and production falls somewhere between ambitious and optimistic given a coaching change, no preseason to draw conclusions and no commitment to him beyond this season. The hate is all relative to his ADP. He’s coming off the board higher than someone with the role we’re HOPING for should due to the RB thirst.

Edited by GOAT-dell Beckham
Add
3 minutes ago, GOAT-dell Beckham said:

You must admit that replication of 2019’s role and production falls somewhere between ambitious and optimistic given a coaching change, no preseason to draw conclusions and no commitment to him beyond this season. The hate is all relative to his ADP. He’s coming off the board higher than someone with the role we’re HOPING for should due to the RB thirst.

No I don't admit that.  All comments from the coaching staff from training camp have said they want to make Hunt a significant part of the offence.  

7 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

No I don't admit that.  All comments from the coaching staff from training camp have said they want to make Hunt a significant part of the offence.  

Ah the always trust coach-speak. I suppose you’re subscribed to The Athletic because all Rotoworld cared to blurb about was a beat writers suggestion the Browns would be best suited giving carries to both ultra talented backs. A very idealist notion from a guy who’s position with the team is “reporter”.

4 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

He's going to an offense in which the new coach has shown a propensity to  prioritize the run game. A coach who wants to do that is going to be excited about having and utilizing 2 elite running backs to maximum effect, which he has pretty much stated. I see a timeshare here, even 60-40 Chubb, but with Hunt getting majority of receiving work he should be close to Chubb in terms of fantasy points per game.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nick-chubb-embraces-sharing-backfield-with-kareem-hunt-as-signs-point-to-browns-featuring-multiple-backs/

1 minute ago, GOAT-dell Beckham said:

Nah I only had him his rookie year. The last time he played 16 games as a starter. I’ve called him and Chubb very talented in multiple posts yet you’ve failed to tell my why in the world

this guy is worth a 5th round ADP. 

who would you rather have outside of the top 20 RBs ? 5th round is essentially outside the top 20 RB in a 12 team league.

7 minutes ago, ukdesi said:

He's going to an offense in which the new coach has shown a propensity to  prioritize the run game. A coach who wants to do that is going to be excited about having and utilizing 2 elite running backs to maximum effect, which he has pretty much stated. I see a timeshare here, even 60-40 Chubb, but with Hunt getting majority of receiving work he should be close to Chubb in terms of fantasy points per game.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nick-chubb-embraces-sharing-backfield-with-kareem-hunt-as-signs-point-to-browns-featuring-multiple-backs/

"Could I see a scenario like that? Sure. Could I see a scenario with four tight ends and a receiver? You have to go into every game with the mindset of whatever personnel you think may cause some conflict to the defense, you do that. I do not want to overstate it, and also, it is hard to speculate right now just not being in gameplan mode just yet."

this is from your golden article, I mean talk about hypotheticals, I hope this isn’t the Kareem Hunt truther’s smoking gun. 

1 hour ago, GriffeySwag said:

"League winning upside" 

Hes basically their 3rd WR. Add in some carries too.

The "Handcuff" is just a bonus

1 hour ago, GOAT-dell Beckham said:

Ah the always trust coach-speak. I suppose you’re subscribed to The Athletic because all Rotoworld cared to blurb about was a beat writers suggestion the Browns would be best suited giving carries to both ultra talented backs. A very idealist notion from a guy who’s position with the team is “reporter”.

Read this bro: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nick-chubb-embraces-sharing-backfield-with-kareem-hunt-as-signs-point-to-browns-featuring-multiple-backs/

53 minutes ago, GOAT-dell Beckham said:

"Could I see a scenario like that? Sure. Could I see a scenario with four tight ends and a receiver? You have to go into every game with the mindset of whatever personnel you think may cause some conflict to the defense, you do that. I do not want to overstate it, and also, it is hard to speculate right now just not being in gameplan mode just yet."

this is from your golden article, I mean talk about hypotheticals, I hope this isn’t the Kareem Hunt truther’s smoking gun. 

This is a quote from that article. Now show me a quote from the article that should shut me up. 

2 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

"League winning upside" 

Sounds like a Chubb owner in denial.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, GOAT-dell Beckham said:

-on a one year contract

Anyone want to argue this or are you guys gonna continue your centipede-style circle jerk ?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, GOAT-dell Beckham said:

Anyone want to argue this or are you guys gonna continue your centipede-style circle jerk ?

If hunt gets the 15 touches like the coach said he'd absolutely be a solid flex worthy of competing with those wrs. Those guys are available a round after hunt and I plan to grab one of them aswell

I hope you guys aren’t too tall because I personally have a problem with low ceilings

😂😂

“coach what’s the play on 3rd and 17. We just hit the 2 minute warning.”

”I was gonna look for Beckham or Landry but we promised Hunt 15 touches per game before he leaves in FA so let’s just run a screen”

4 minutes ago, GOAT-dell Beckham said:

I hope you guys aren’t too tall because I personally have a problem with low ceilings

😂😂

“coach what’s the play on 3rd and 17. We just hit the 2 minute warning.”

”I was gonna look for Beckham or Landry but we promised Hunt 15 touches per game before he leaves in FA so let’s just run a screen”

Probably exactly what they'll do

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, scheibler said:

If hunt gets the 15 touches like the coach said he'd absolutely be a solid flex worthy of competing with those wrs. Those guys are available a round after hunt and I plan to grab one of them aswell

The Browns' best chance at offensive success will be giving Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt 15 carries apiece every week, according to Ellis Williams of Cleveland.com. 

Ellis Williams is a beat writer while Kevin Stefanski is the head coach. Feel free to pull up any Stefanski quote.