NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kareem Hunt 2020 Outlook

Just a tad bit worried about starting him this week @ Baltimore. But at the same time Browns should technically be trailing in this game, so more hurry up offense and quick dump offs to Hunt. How is the Ravens run D ? They did add some stud LB's in Patrick Queen + Malik Harrison 

• Like 2
  • Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is who we thought he was.   A former NFL rushing champion and the best RB on his football team.

The Browns are still the same team that scored 6 points in week 1. They don't get to play the Bengals (missing both Geno Atkins and Mike Daniels) every week and there will be far fewer TDs to go aroun

Lmao   I'd never give up on Khunt not for some piece of sausage like JJS.   I'd just keep pounding Khunt till they couldnt take it anymore.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, MurderInc said:

As a Browns fan, I'm pleasantly surprised with the extension. Hunt is a stud RB and would start on most other teams. I thought for sure Hunt would bolt after this year for a starting job somewhere else. I think Hunt could have received a bigger offer from another RB needy team after this year if he played well and stayed out of trouble, he's only 25.

As for fantasy, it will be interesting. The running game worked extremely well last, but with OBJ, Landry, Hooper - it's hard to think they won't air it out more (maybe only a little more though). The Browns are weak at WR3, Rashad Higgins is a jag. I could see Hunt lining up in the slot a lot more this year. 

6 hours ago, JohnD said:

See bolded.... have you seen Baker Mayfield play football before??

See my bolded. Learn how to read. JohnD you're a D alright. 

7 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Just a tad bit worried about starting him this week @ Baltimore. But at the same time Browns should technically be trailing in this game, so more hurry up offense and quick dump offs to Hunt. How is the Ravens run D ? They did add some stud LB's in Patrick Queen + Malik Harrison 

Me too- certainly see him as a floor flex play, and maybe get lucky if Browns fall behind and they're just doing cheap dumpoffs to Hunt (can't predict that.)

• Like 2

I drafted Chubb and Hunt both - I haven't played fantasy in 5 or 6 years and was not as up to speed as I should have been at draft time. Fast forward to now, not only am I inclined to start Hunt over Chubb in any given week; I'm also looking to move Chubb ASAP as I see his value only dropping from here out. Trying to find an owner that thinks this is just an anomaly from Chubb and views him as an RB1/2...

14 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Very encouraging start and he looks really good. Thought he'd get more reception yards, but he's a must-start against the Bengals on Thursday. 

just got a hunch that this is gonna be one of those Chubb specials ... short week, Chubb had a light second half yesterday, they need to take pressure off of Baker, etc

can see Stefnaski saying "buckle the chinstrap, you're getting 30 tonight" and he goes 32/215/3 ... relegating Hunt to witness status. 

gameflow should favor that approach ... very wary of this week. 

this is not saying Khunt isn't a fine stand alone flex, and i know he has the potential to deliver remarkable R.O.I. this season - but Thusday has CHUBB written all over it. 

3 minutes ago, Leopard said:

How is everyone feeling about Hunt tonight? I don’t think we will see a 50/50 split or close to it... this game will be much closer. 

Yeah this ones tricky. I actually have both Hunt/Chubb. 

I feel like Hunt has great standalone flex value because he catches passes and gets carries which shows based where he was drafted all offseason, while Chubb is limited.  

6 minutes ago, Leopard said:

How is everyone feeling about Hunt tonight? I don’t think we will see a 50/50 split or close to it... this game will be much closer. 

i can see a 25-30 carry night for Chubb incoming ... he barely saw the field in the 4th qtr last Sunday, so he's rested, and i think they feed him bigly. 

28/172/2

... dunno what that leaves for KH, but let's see 🤷‍♂️

Hunt is a top 20 RB almost everywhere this week; I think his ECR is around 19. Not great defense on either side of the ball; I'd probably take the over at ~44 total. He's a fine start based on talent and the fact he'll likely get ~10 carries and 4+ targets.

Edited by LongBalls

Last week Cincy gave up 144 yards and a TD on the ground, but only 1 RB reception. I didn't watch the game, so not sure if they were just all over Ekeler on passing downs or they just didn't pass, but my confidence level just went down after looking at that box score.

1 minute ago, beerfish said:

Last week Cincy gave up 144 yards and a TD on the ground, but only 1 RB reception. I didn't watch the game, so not sure if they were just all over Ekeler on passing downs or they just didn't pass, but my confidence level just went down after looking at that box score.

Tyrod targeted his RBs a grand total of 1 time, so I don't think I'd look much into that stat.

• Like 1
Just now, beerfish said:

Phil Rivers was in Jacksonville peppering his rbs with 17 targets, while Tygod tried TWO. 

it's a by product of the Chargers new scheme, has nada to do with dër Bunglez at all. 

• Like 1

I will say the bengals run defense is far improved this season than last. They picked up DJ Reader from Houston, Von Bell from the Saints, and Bynes from Baltimore. 

I can see Hunt and Hooper spanking the LB's here through the air

43 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i can see a 25-30 carry night for Chubb incoming ... he barely saw the field in the 4th qtr last Sunday, so he's rested, and i think they feed him bigly. 

28/172/2

... dunno what that leaves for KH, but let's see 🤷‍♂️

I also think it's a Chubb blow up game here.

But Hunt is an easy start nearly any matchup, just because of his versatility. 

You can expect Flex numbers at worst, in PPR. Anything else is just gravy on top.

With Kareem you can get 10 fantasy points without ever having to rely on a touchdown. It's one of the things I love about him.

• Like 1

Didn't Hunt out carry Chubb early in the game, before it was a blowout? Going off memory of something I saw, so I could be mistaken though.

Hunt is the one who just got paid.

Hunt looked like a stud in the making pre-suspension. It's possible CLE simply likes him better than Chubb and he's the 1a to Chubb's 1b. Of course, it's also possible that I'm full of doodoo and have no idea what I'm talking about...

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

Didn't Hunt out carry Chubb early in the game, before it was a blowout? Going off memory of something I saw, so I could be mistaken though.

Hunt is the one who just got paid.

Hunt looked like a stud in the making pre-suspension. It's possible CLE simply likes him better than Chubb and he's the 1a to Chubb's 1b. Of course, it's also possible that I'm full of doodoo and have no idea what I'm talking about...

The fact that Bengals allowed so many rushing attempts, at about 5 YPC, and now they're coming to the Browns on a short week (probably gassed) while Hunt and Chubb split time in a blow out, also coupled with the Browns O-line being superior to last year (even got 5 YPC against the stout ravens.) I think there's enough here for both of them to eat. There is nothing telling here that says Chubb is the absolute goal-line back or Hunt is the absolute receiving back. But Hunt is getting the higher value touches, no matter the matchup. 

1 hour ago, Leopard said:

I feel ok- not great. I'd say 8 points minimum flex value- high chance at receiving or goal line plunge. Also high chance of breaking tackles and busting long ones. Also a chance of garbage time lol. I cannot see the Browns losing this game against a Rookie on a short week in a shortened off-season...but it's the Browns. Browns defense isn't THAT bad- their blitzing and pass-rush is going to be a problem.  

3 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I cannot see the Browns losing this game against a Rookie on a short week in a shortened off-season...but it's the Browns.  

I've lived an hour south of CLE most of my life. I promise you, if any team in the league can find a way to lose an un-losable game, it's the Browns.

I also don't trust any "game script narrative" with them either - because they don't know what they're doing. When they should run, they pass. When they should pass, they run. They had every chance to ride Chubb and/or Hunt last week. Both came out of the gate looking good and with solid YPC numbers. CLE should have fed them the ball, controlled the clock and the tempo, and kept themselves in that game. They didn't. And proceeded to immediately get blown out.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I made the mistake of drafting Chubb and Hunt both this year. I've since worked a package deal to let go of Chubb while his name still has value - and am happy for it. I'm ok to start Hunt on a weekly basis as my RB2 or flex depending on matchup and what my other players are projected to do. And at least now I don't have the nightmare of trying to decipher which of the two backs in CLE will score more fantasy points. I just roll out Hunt when I need to and cross my fingers lol.

All that being said, I do think both of these backs have immense talent - and in another life, and on separate teams, both are capable of being every week RB1 plays. It's such a shame CLE got involved... lol

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

I've lived an hour south of CLE most of my life. I promise you, if any team in the league can find a way to lose an un-losable game, it's the Browns.

I also don't trust any "game script narrative" with them either - because they don't know what they're doing. When they should run, they pass. When they should pass, they run. They had every chance to ride Chubb and/or Hunt last week. Both came out of the gate looking good and with solid YPC numbers. CLE should have fed them the ball, controlled the clock and the tempo, and kept themselves in that game. They didn't. And proceeded to immediately get blown out.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I made the mistake of drafting Chubb and Hunt both this year. I've since worked a package deal to let go of Chubb while his name still has value - and am happy for it. I'm ok to start Hunt on a weekly basis as my RB2 or flex depending on matchup and what my other players are projected to do. And at least now I don't have the nightmare of trying to decipher which of the two backs in CLE will score more fantasy points. I just roll out Hunt when I need to and cross my fingers lol.

All that being said, I do think both of these backs have immense talent - and in another life, and on separate teams, both are capable of being every week RB1 plays. It's such a shame CLE got involved... lol

I thought the same thing last year when Pittsburgh came into town on a short week, and the Steelers D was elite and were projected to own the Browns. Instead, Browns destroyed the Steelers with Freddie fat Kitchens at the helm. So, anything's possible, and it sounds crazy, but I am betting on the more talented team on a short week vs. a rookie QB that had a shortened off-season.