NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dynasty Deal - Nate Pearson for Julio Rodriguez

19 hours ago, charger_ss24 said:

Always take the bat. I’m trading Pearson for Rodriguez 10 times out of 10!

Not true at all. Im a hitter guy, however depending on the league and team needs, to make a blanket statement like that is crazy.  If its a points league, where you need pitching, I would take Pearson.  Hes closer to MLB and will help more.  Also, how many teams are in the league?  The more teams = less SP, so again I would take Pearson.  Not enough information IMO to make a solid judgement.  And if its that easy for everyone to dismiss Pearson without knowing the full spectrum of the league profile, Please invite me to your league!  

1 hour ago, TheTruth024 said:

Not true at all. Im a hitter guy, however depending on the league and team needs, to make a blanket statement like that is crazy.  If its a points league, where you need pitching, I would take Pearson.  Hes closer to MLB and will help more.  Also, how many teams are in the league?  The more teams = less SP, so again I would take Pearson.  Not enough information IMO to make a solid judgement.  And if its that easy for everyone to dismiss Pearson without knowing the full spectrum of the league profile, Please invite me to your league!  

Yeah, you’re right. Had the poster been more detailed about their league settings, I would be better informed. However, poster asked a question without much sustenance and I answered my honest opinion.

I play in a keeper forever league, but it’s not a full blown dynasty. I trust prospect bats a whole lot more than I trust prospect arms.

3 hours ago, TheTruth024 said:

Nothing against pearson, as I do like him. But I still take julio, even if I'm stacked on hitting, with no pitching. I will worry about lineups later.

Julio imo, is going to be loved, like adell, robert are now.

Plus evidence does show, pitcher prospects, only have half the success rate of hitters. Do to injuries, mechanics, etc.

So logic say, if I take 10 hitters, to your 10 pitchers, odds wise, you already are down 50%.

• Like 1