NBC Sports Edge Forums

Zac Gallen 2020 Outlook

On 2/10/2020 at 2:22 AM, Fbaseballgod said:

Would anyone REALLY be surprised if Arizona pulls an old school move and cuts him out?  Just another risk factor imo

Yes I would be floored, they gave up a top 50-75 prospect to land him, and Gallen has tons of trade value.  Look at Gallen’s numbers in the PCL last year!  

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There really isn't THAT much hype overall, maybe there is in this thread, but he's going for an NFBC ADP of 130, good for the SP #37. So he's essentially going as an SP3 or 4 in standard leagues, in r

Any team that would choose to start Mike Leake over Zac Gallen deserves to finish dead last in it's division.   End of story.

I’m really enjoying my production out of this bottom of the rotation waiver wire pitcher!

Posted Images

It seemed like forever ago, but back in March there was some talk about Gallen not being a lock for the rotation. With Leake sitting out the season, my boy Gallen has to be a lock now...

• 1 month later...

Are we starting him today vs a tough LAD lineup? He looked pretty bad against SD. We know he has the potential to go 6 innings with 8-10 K versus anyone, but some yellow flags here. Thoughts?

1 minute ago, aapox said:

Are we starting him today vs a tough LAD lineup? He looked pretty bad against SD. We know he has the potential to go 6 innings with 8-10 K versus anyone, but some yellow flags here. Thoughts?

I am president of the Zac Gallen fan club but even I am sitting this one out. There aren’t many pitchers that I’d start against the Dodgers.

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, meh2 said:

I am president of the Zac Gallen fan club but even I am sitting this one out. There aren’t many pitchers that I’d start against the Dodgers.

That is helpful, thank you. I usually ride my pitchers out there even in tough matchups, but I have a bad feeling about this one...especially iwth how poor the Zona offense has been lately. Seems like much higher chances of a disaster than a strong performance and win.

I just looked at his schedule and after this he has vs. Houston, then @ Colorado ... this sucks! I feel like he's just going to waste a bench spot for 2 weeks. Anyone thinking about dropping or flipping, or have thoughts? This season is too short to have bench spots wasting away.

1 hour ago, KingJoffrey said:

That didn’t go well.. at least he didn’t get a win, but a quality start nonetheless.  Somebody laugh at my last post.

I really could have used him in there too. I knew after the opening strikeout of the side it was probably a mistake. 

The good news is his stuff looked great. Just in time to get confident to play him against Houston and see 3-4 more walks. 

I think I agree with B&F though. Some of the higher variance guys you just have to set and forget so that you make sure you get the good with the bad. If he looks as sharp as he did tonight, no one is going to do too much damage to him though. 

He looked real sharp, Very good outing and against a super tough opponent no less, Well I’m glad my hand was forced and i didn’t have the luxury of benching him. Cause otherwise, if there’s a lineup decision available to be made, rest assure I’m making the wrong one, 

• Haha 1
On 8/1/2020 at 10:52 AM, Chest-Rockwell said:

if there’s a lineup decision available to be made, rest assure I’m making the wrong one, 

100% this

I was one of those that benched him last week vs the Dodgers in my roto league.  Now I'm thinking of doing it again vs the Astros.  I'm a glutton for punishment.  No matter what I do I'm sure i'll regret it lol.

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Trifecta said:
On 8/1/2020 at 11:52 AM, Chest-Rockwell said:

if there’s a lineup decision available to be made, rest assure I’m making the wrong one, 

100% this

I was one of those that benched him last week vs the Dodgers in my roto league.  Now I'm thinking of doing it again vs the Astros.  I'm a glutton for punishment.  No matter what I do I'm sure i'll regret it lol.

ha.  well, I'm playing him and yesterday, I sat Nola against the Yankees.

This kid is impressive. He just has that it factor poise that inspires confidence.

He doesn’t have the sexy fastball but he knows how to pitch, He can hit his spots, he attacks hitters without fear. His changeup and curveball are weapons and he’s not afraid to use them.

He’s like that kid with glasses at the gym that goes last in a pickup game. Then when the game starts, he’s hitting shots, playing tough D, and surprising everyone with how polished at the game he is

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, UberRebel said:

This kid is impressive. He just has that it factor poise that inspires confidence.

He doesn’t have the sexy fastball but he knows how to pitch, He can hit his spots, he attacks hitters without fear. His changeup and curveball are weapons and he’s not afraid to use them.

He’s like that kid with glasses at the gym that goes last in a pickup game. Then when the game starts, he’s hitting shots, playing tough D, and surprising everyone with how polished at the game he is

I'm a sucker for pickup basketball references. Love it.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, UberRebel said:

He’s a RX Specs hero for sure. He’s definitely that kid. 

10C69C90-A199-4B90-A9D6-567C4A2E95FB.jpeg