NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dak Prescott 2020 Outlook

30 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

I think he is done for a very long time. Possibly 2022 return. Compound fracture in the ankle region can end careers and best case rehab is not that straightforward.

every athlete is different and some never recover properly. 

Can’t believe this happened to him. He looked like the best qb out there by far, preying for a 100% recovery brotha.  I reached for him in my draft and would do it again, he’s a standup guy not many around n the league 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're talking in hindsight.  How often to QBs especailly ones with good O-lines sustain season ending injuries?  Let alone an injury this bad?   How was Dak being greedy and Jerry Jones not

My initial thought was compound fracture. If he gets out of it with no bone break god bless him but there has to be major ligament/tendon damage. I had him on one team and he was a fantasy god this season. Feel real bad for him as a person too, since he was on a one year deal playing for his mega contract. Hoping he makes it back in 2021

2 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Hearts and prayers go out to Dak. That was gruesome. 

But I must say, the most painful aspect of this injury is not the injury itself...it's thinking about the # of Millions he just lost out on. 

If he’s healthy by the start of next season, he won’t lose out on much. He turned down 100 mil for 31 mil this year. The 69 mill guaranteed that he lost he should make back pretty easily on his next contract if he’s healthy by summer.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, owenmills said:

My initial thought was compound fracture. If he gets out of it with no bone break god bless him but there has to be major ligament/tendon damage. I had him on one team and he was a fantasy god this season. Feel real bad for him as a person too, since he was on a one year deal playing for his mega contract. Hoping he makes it back in 2021

Turned down 5 yr $175m rip

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Brye said:

Can’t believe this happened to him. He looked like the best qb out there by far, preying for a 100% recovery brotha.  I reached for him in my draft and would do it again, he’s a standup guy not many around n the league 

I feel really bad for Dak, and this kind of injury is a terrible thing for anyone.

But your bolded comment is just totally inaccurate, to put it nicely.

Edited by steakaficianado
40 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Yeah every once in a while these guys make an example of themselves.  Sometimes you should accept life-altering wealth when it is offered to you.

He’s already got life altering wealth just from this year alone.  But he’ll still get the 100+ million if he plays again.  And if he doesn’t, you can be sure he has a major insurance policy like Cousins did when he played on the tag.  

Edited by K197040
  • Like 3

I hate to say it, he's not a pocket passer, he will not be the same player after this injury, his use of his legs was a major part of his game...... This is going to be a hard injury to overcome

More than likely he's going to have to swallow his pride sign whatever deal they give him, walk, or be franchise tagged again....

Edited by CABLE87