Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, straightfire118 said:

Right more teams are just going to scheme against Henry because that’s all that Titans have. What’s more of a concern is when Titans are trailing and I think they will a lot this year because they’re mediocre at best.

 

^^^^^^^ HOT TAKE 🔥🔥🔥^^^^^^^^

 

Dang, I can't believe Bill Belichick and John Harbaugh could not just scheme against the least exciting and easiest RB to bottle up  in the playoffs last year....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Barkley - Out for season CMC - Has been out most of the season who knows his status for rest of season Sanders - in and out of the lineup Drake - Huge bust before getting injured M

If Henry got COVID his body would immediately synthesize an antiviral to it. Henry would then exhale it throughout the Western Hemisphere (at minimum), ending the pandemic.   (Alshon's soft tissu

update?

Posted Images

I think TEN is better than some here seem to think. Their offense isn't KC good, but it's more than serviceable, they have ok WRs, TE, a great back. They played a tough game in a tough environment and with everything crazy going on these days on top of it all. 

Denver been doing a good job containing Henry, preventing the big gains. Was also a messy game with all the missed field goals by TEN. Had they made all those FGs they might have rushed DH even more to control the game clock and tempo. 

With how wacky the game was and being week 1 I don't think anyone should panic and DH still had a good game, he had less than 30 towards against DEN last year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, straightfire118 said:

Right more teams are just going to scheme against Henry because that’s all that Titans have. What’s more of a concern is when Titans are trailing and I think they will a lot this year because they’re mediocre at best.

Their defense is very good. Also,

Jaguars - won't be trailing

Vikings - Eh Maybe, Vikings also prefer to run the ball though so can be a grind it out game

Steelers - Can be trailing but also see it as a grind it out game similar to yesteday because that defense is nasty

Bills - Grind it out game

Texans - Eh. That offense isn't scary with their lack of weapons and line

Bengals - Won't be trailing

Bears - Grind it out

Colts - Won't be trailing. Rivers isn't it anymore

Browns - Won't be trailing after Baker throws like 3 picks in the first

Jaguars - Won't be trailing

Lions - Can be trailing but Lions don't scare anyone. 

Packers - probably the scariest matchup from a game flow perspective.

So yeah, Packers are the only one that is scary from a gameflow point of view. A lot of these other teams have bad offenses or decent offenses but they like to run as well leading to closer games. Again, the Titans defense is solid.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What makes me laugh the most is that you've all hyped this guy up so much, anything short of 150 yard and 2 touchdowns is now disappointing to people. 

I'd be fine if my RB1 scored 13.1 points in week one in standard. Sure people drafted before and after will outperform occasionally, but it's not like the guy put up Connor numbers. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

^^^^^^^ HOT TAKE 🔥🔥🔥^^^^^^^^

 

Dang, I can't believe Bill Belichick and John Harbaugh could not just scheme against the least exciting and easiest RB to bottle up  in the playoffs last year....

What about Andy Reid tho??? Made him irrelevant, they won that game with ease.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

What makes me laugh the most is that you've all hyped this guy up so much, anything short of 150 yard and 2 touchdowns is now disappointing to people. 

I'd be fine if my RB1 scored 13.1 points in week one in standard. Sure people drafted before and after will outperform occasionally, but it's not like the guy put up Connor numbers. 

Lol if anyone is expecting that every game. Do you know what makes me laugh, people that don't or haven't watched any Titans game giving their thoughts on Henry's outlook for the season.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ccimore said:

If Henry remains inefficient, and Darrynton Evans looks like, say, Joshua Kelley.  Is it impossible to think things move more towards a split?

This is a real question?

 

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

A non-zero chance?

 

23 for 90 with the 2 tuddies the TEs stole from his goal line carries? Yes, please.

 

patience cleats lol

 

its tourist season 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Their defense is very good. Also,

Jaguars - won't be trailing

Vikings - Eh Maybe, Vikings also prefer to run the ball though so can be a grind it out game

Steelers - Can be trailing but also see it as a grind it out game similar to yesteday because that defense is nasty

Bills - Grind it out game

Texans - Eh. That offense isn't scary with their lack of weapons and line

Bengals - Won't be trailing

Bears - Grind it out

Colts - Won't be trailing. Rivers isn't it anymore

Browns - Won't be trailing after Baker throws like 3 picks in the first

Jaguars - Won't be trailing

Lions - Can be trailing but Lions don't scare anyone. 

Packers - probably the scariest matchup from a game flow perspective.

So yeah, Packers are the only one that is scary from a gameflow point of view. A lot of these other teams have bad offenses or decent offenses but they like to run as well leading to closer games. Again, the Titans defense is solid.

Denver is not a good team, and they were missing their two best players. They BARELY beat them. If that game was an absolute dogfight I'm not sure if there's a team on this list that they'll comfortably beat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

This is a real question?

Yes, this is a real question for me.  It wasn't that long ago that Henry was locked in a time share for multiple seasons.  I dont know that much about the Titans.  I'd love to hear some honest, critical analysis of the idea from someone who does.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Lol if anyone is expecting that every game. Do you know what makes me laugh, people that don't or haven't watched any Titans game giving their thoughts on Henry's outlook for the season.

Yeah that makes me laugh too. Good thing I haven't done that! 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BGDDYKWL said:

Denver is not a good team, and they were missing their two best players. They BARELY beat them. If that game was an absolute dogfight I'm not sure if there's a team on this list that they'll comfortably beat. 

Titans also missed 3 field goals and extra point, so the barely beat them is kinda off. Broncos had a top 7 defense last season(12th in yards, 10th in points allowed, 1st in red zone defense) with Chubb missing 12 games. 1st game of the season without any preseason playing in Denver with high altitude. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

@DerrickHenrysCleats was playing last night that's why he wasn't on with us. Welcome back, Derrick. We are going to need you to get that Y/A up, but nice game regardless.

 

My apologies, I was breaking in some new studs, I should be back to full strength vs the Jags. I like playing the jags.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ccimore said:

Yes, this is a real question for me.  It wasn't that long ago that Henry was locked in a time share for multiple seasons.  I dont know that much about the Titans.  I'd love to hear some honest, critical analysis of the idea from someone who does.

use your head man, no they won't split, they will ride the back that took them to the AFC championship game last year, and was a big reason they won the game lastnight. people don't understand how hard of a place denver is to play early in the season, and titans still won the game despite their placekicker trying his best to lose it for them

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ccimore said:

Yes, this is a real question for me.  It wasn't that long ago that Henry was locked in a time share for multiple seasons.  I dont know that much about the Titans.  I'd love to hear some honest, critical analysis of the idea from someone who does.

 

100% will not be in a time-share, but when Evans comes back from his injury I'm sure they'll sprinkle him in on obvious passing downs.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Denver is not a good team, and they were missing their two best players. They BARELY beat them. If that game was an absolute dogfight I'm not sure if there's a team on this list that they'll comfortably beat. 


Fangio is a master of scheming defense- Denver won’t be rolling over for anyone on his watch.   Tough up front and the MLBs were shadowing Henry all night.  
 

Drawing conclusions about Henry/Titans after one game against a team that matches up well is a huge mistake

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Denver is not a good team, and they were missing their two best players. They BARELY beat them. If that game was an absolute dogfight I'm not sure if there's a team on this list that they'll comfortably beat. 

 

Lol, vic fangio is one of the most respected defensive minds in the game. It is illogical to think he would not have them ready to play this game tough. Trying to make Denver out as the worst team in the league is laughable, they are not and it was a good win by tennessee on the road. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ccimore said:

Yes, this is a real question for me.  It wasn't that long ago that Henry was locked in a time share for multiple seasons.  I dont know that much about the Titans.  I'd love to hear some honest, critical analysis of the idea from someone who does.

 

31 pages of goodness I've paid out in this thread, feel free to scroll through it. It should answer any questions you have.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, straightfire118 said:

Owning any titans player would make me queasy. They’re just not that good struggling against a very mediocre Broncos team without their WR1 is not a good sign. Henry is good but more like a 2nd round talent this year.

Out of all the god awful teams in the league you're worried about owning a player from the team that was 30 minutes away from the super bowl 8 months ago? 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread is how unbeatable Denver has been at home in September throughout their history. Sure there are no fans but that isn't the main reason they're so good, it's the altitude. I'd wager that a big reason why Henry looked so "human" last night was because of how draining it must be to get 30 touches at that altitude in your first game after a shortened offseason with no preseason. 

Edited by BearDownBears
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2020 at 9:00 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Lol

 

Still think its funny? 😀

 

Once again, like I said....

 

Henry is a must start but he's definitely not going to return value until later in the season, like always. He's extremely TD dependent early in the season. The only reason this game wasn't a complete dud was the ridiculous number of carries.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Klientel said:

 

Still think its funny? 😀

 

Once again, like I said....

 

Henry is a must start but he's definitely not going to return value until later in the season, like always. He's extremely TD dependent early in the season. The only reason this game wasn't a complete dud was the ridiculous number of carries.

 

Not going to return value till later in the season but returned value game 1 but only returned value cause he got a lot of carries?

 

I'll tune in next week for the next excuse, looking forward to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...