NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Barkley - Out for season CMC - Has been out most of the season who knows his status for rest of season Sanders - in and out of the lineup Drake - Huge bust before getting injured M

If Henry got COVID his body would immediately synthesize an antiviral to it. Henry would then exhale it throughout the Western Hemisphere (at minimum), ending the pandemic.   (Alshon's soft tissu

update?

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Not wishing injury on anyone, but if henry misses a game. Would Darryton Evans be viable top 24 rb?

I think that's right where you'd put him. Fringe RB2. If Henry missed extended time they'd likely bring in someone like Freeman, but if it was just a week or two Evans should at the very least be a Flex. 

Ok boys and girls. Film session time.

Now, if you care to take a look at Henrys week 1 highlights that I posted above then I would like to point out a couple of things.

1. Henry ran the ball to the 1 yd line so those could easily be TDs going forward.

2. Henry has a pretty sweet jump cut for a guy his size, he follows his lineman and has a nice jump cut that allows him to get upfield and at the very least fall forward so as to not lose yards.

3. Henry caught a screen pass in the redzone and ran it down to the 1 yard line which shows that Tennessee is passing to him in the redzone and he just missed running that in for a TD.

4. Henry was in on the game winning drive for Tennessee, he caught a screen pass with 2:35 left in a crucial part of the game and he picked up a first down on the play, absolutely critical.

He just missed a 2 TD day, 1 rushing and 1 receiving and not only was he involved in the passing game he was involved in the passing game in the most critical area of the field for the offense (the red zone) and during the most critical time of the game (2:00 minute drill/game winning drive)

🐘

• Like 1

This is who he is. He’s a slow starter who lives and dies by TDs. Behind Barkley he’s going to be the worst 1st round RB this year easily. Especially now that the titans aren’t nearly as reliant on him to win. 

The only hope is he gets going late in the season and rips off some monster games. 

Edited by Klientel
1 minute ago, Klientel said:

This is who he is. He’s a slow starter who lives and dies by TDs. Behind Barkley he’s going to be the worst 1st RB this year easily. Especially now that the titans aren’t nearly as reliant on him to win. 

The only hope is he gets going late in the season and rips off some monster games. 

Watching him - I legit don't get the hype. He looks like such an unelusive, slow runner. Takes forever to hit the hole and he's so damn big it just looks funny. 

3 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Watching him - I legit don't get the hype. He looks like such an unelusive, slow runner. Takes forever to hit the hole and he's so damn big it just looks funny. 

Couldn't agree more. A few in here strongly disagree, but that sums him up perfectly. You take away his monster plays (which yes I realize obviously count all the same in fantasy) and he typically looks extremely ordinary. 

On 9/18/2020 at 2:35 PM, gbill2004 said:

I just traded for Henry. Sounds like some are disappointed in his week 1 performance. That's exactly why I traded for him...guaranteed volume every week. 

On 9/18/2020 at 4:15 PM, gbill2004 said:

Chubb and Laviska

LOL

4 minutes ago, cs3 said:

LOL

Pathetic how you continually attack people on this forum for their game play. I guess you never lose any matchups and go 16-0 every year, the infallible cs3 ladies and gentlemen.

• Like 1