Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, mar1kle said:

How are folks playing this?...Moving to Flex and then looking for a MNF or SNF player who you can pivot to? Or just giving up on him and playing the best replacement?

It would probably be super irresponsible for the NFL to play this game this week..

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Barkley - Out for season CMC - Has been out most of the season who knows his status for rest of season Sanders - in and out of the lineup Drake - Huge bust before getting injured M

If Henry got COVID his body would immediately synthesize an antiviral to it. Henry would then exhale it throughout the Western Hemisphere (at minimum), ending the pandemic.   (Alshon's soft tissu

update?

Posted Images

Just now, cdd10 said:

It would probably be super irresponsible for the NFL to play this game this week..

Soooo..... game on?  
 

Even if the rest of the Titans miss every other game it shouldn’t impact 👑 Henry.  
 

Henry doesn’t get CoVid.  CoVid gets Henry.  

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, mar1kle said:

How are folks playing this?...Moving to Flex and then looking for a MNF or SNF player who you can pivot to? Or just giving up on him and playing the best replacement?

Pivot?  Do you work in a startup tech company? 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Soooo..... game on?  
 

Even if the rest of the Titans miss every other game it shouldn’t impact 👑 Henry.  
 

Henry doesn’t get CoVid.  CoVid gets Henry.  

COVID is no match for King.

tenor.gif

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

[...] think if you have any other option or any WR in the top 25 with a good matchup I would. We dont know what this looks like going forward, and unless you have a commissioner who lets you have a fill in pivot in pts I wouldn't risk this game happening

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rush_att_single_game.htm

Would not surprise me if Henry is high on this list after today considering how little practice they got and how beat up they are at WR.

Yeah if they can move the ball decently and get enough first downs to continue running. I'm a little worried that his production won't be there with all the missing players on offense and lack of practice. Bills will definitely be stacking the box all game. 

Edited by trolltoll
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

Yeah if they can move the ball decently and get enough first downs to continue running. I'm a little worried that his production won't be there with all the missing players on offense and lack of practice. Bills will definitely be stacking the box all game. 

Agreed. This feels like a 30 for 90 type game where he punches one in (best case scenario). Bills are legit though so if they get up big early this could be real ugly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

Yeah if they can move the ball decently and get enough first downs to continue running. I'm a little worried that his production won't be there with all the missing players on offense and lack of practice. Bills will definitely be stacking the box all game. 

Admittingly one positive of a stacked box is if there is an opening it usually leads to a lot of open space. Henry in open space is a damn near guarantee 75 yard bomb. However, it is problematic to run 30+ times in a game if most of them are going to be -2-2 yard runs. Still, I can easily see 27/150+/1 with 1 or 2 long runs and a bunch of nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

giphy.gif

Without the Minnesota game he's averaged 3.4 yards per carry and even with it he's at 3.7 while being an absolute non-factor in the passing game. He'll get better as the season goes on just like every year but there's no need to pretend he hasn't been bad so far. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BearDownBears said:

Without the Minnesota game he's averaged 3.4 yards per carry and even with it he's at 3.7 while being an absolute non-factor in the passing game. He'll get better as the season goes on just like every year but there's no need to pretend he hasn't been bad so far. 

He's currently RB7 in my 0.5 PPR league. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't see the game but stats warrant concern on usage.  King had 19 carries but did NOT have 11 other carries...were they resting starters or is this sliding into the dreaded RBBC?  I was hoping for 30 touches in a positive game flow at home coming off two weeks rest.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Al.Davis said:

Didn't see the game but stats warrant concern on usage.  King had 19 carries but did NOT have 11 other carries...were they resting starters or is this sliding into the dreaded RBBC?  I was hoping for 30 touches in a positive game flow at home coming off two weeks rest.  

They rested him the last series of the game but the real problem is that even without Darrynton Evans he was never in on 3rd down. At this point the hope of him being a 3 down back is dead and buried. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...