NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

23 hours ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

got a couple offers after this weeks dud. declined instantly.

I now have a share and I'm ecstatic.

The next three games look daunting, but hopefully he does his thing and keeps pace. Playoff schedule is absolutely incredible.

Honestly I just love this Titans offense.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Barkley - Out for season CMC - Has been out most of the season who knows his status for rest of season Sanders - in and out of the lineup Drake - Huge bust before getting injured M

If Henry got COVID his body would immediately synthesize an antiviral to it. Henry would then exhale it throughout the Western Hemisphere (at minimum), ending the pandemic.   (Alshon's soft tissu

update?

Posted Images

On 11/1/2020 at 7:48 AM, 3FLi said:

Who is Henry’s back up? Is it McNichols or is it Evans when he gets back from IR which could be next week? Thinking of backing him up at this point. Tenn has an early bye week and Henry takes a pounding. 

Any thoughts?  Need my insurance for the playoffs

Ok, I'll say it and be controversial. Anyone else debating on starting him in PPR if you have possible close options....as crazy as that sounds? He only got me 7 points in PPR against the Bears D and this Colts D will be just as tough (allowing just the second fewest fantasy points per game to RBs).

*Waits for tomatoes to be thrown*

source.gif

Edited by jagsfan05
20 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Ok, I'll say it and be controversial. Anyone else debating on starting him in PPR if you have possible close options....as crazy as that sounds? He only got me 7 points in PPR against the Bears D and this Colts D will be just as tough (allowing just the second fewest fantasy points per game to RBs).

source.gif

it’d have to be a really good option. 

Edited by Members_Only_76
1 hour ago, jagsfan05 said:

source.gif

Never fear, King Henry is here!  Last season, game 1 vs Indy 94 yards, 2 receptions, 1 TD.  Game 2: 166 yards, 3 receptions, 1 TD.  Running backs roll on Thursday nights and Titans held him back on Sunday.  Start King Henry with confidence!!

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Even in PPR leagues though, you guys are still that confident against this Indy D? That matchup with the Bears was rough. I know he is a must start in standard but boy is it a tougher call for me this week in PPR.

He hasn't had less than 18 carries in a game all year.  They run the ball even when trailing.  He can take one to the house on any given play, and before last week had scored at least one TD in five straight games.  He's averaging over 20 ppg in PPR.  I guess you can bench him, but that team must be mighty stacked.  

1 hour ago, jagsfan05 said:

Even in PPR leagues though, you guys are still that confident against this Indy D? That matchup with the Bears was rough. I know he is a must start in standard but boy is it a tougher call for me this week in PPR.

You gotta have some pretty darn good options to bench him. I'm lower on him than most but it'd be very tough to not consider him a top 15 RB even in PPR, and my guess is most people don't have two top 15 RBs along with Henry. 

it's baffling to me people are considering sitting him even in PPR.  Guy gets insane volume, guaranteed goal line touches, and Ten has a decent offense, they might be playing ahead most of the game.  Who are you benching him for??? 

26 minutes ago, matanp said:

it's baffling to me people are considering sitting him even in PPR.  Guy gets insane volume, guaranteed goal line touches, and Ten has a decent offense, they might be playing ahead most of the game.  Who are you benching him for??? 

Kalen Garbage or JD Mcsuckit

• Haha 1
On 11/10/2020 at 10:37 PM, Dr. Strangeglove said:

Never fear, King Henry is here!  Last season, game 1 vs Indy 94 yards, 2 receptions, 1 TD.  Game 2: 166 yards, 3 receptions, 1 TD.  Running backs roll on Thursday nights and Titans held him back on Sunday.  Start King Henry with confidence!!

I’m with you on everything besides RBs rollin on Thursday nights lol. Where did you see that? I took a peak because I was curious and only two RBs have eclipsed 100 yards on TNF since week 5, Henry was one of them at least, haha.

8 hours ago, CrastersCreep said:

I’m with you on everything besides RBs rollin on Thursday nights lol. Where did you see that? I took a peak because I was curious and only two RBs have eclipsed 100 yards on TNF since week 5, Henry was one of them at least, haha.

Lol, it has probably been ingrained in me for the past few years.  Here is an article addressing it from, uh, 2014.  Could probably use an update.  The King will roll tonight.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/examining-running-back-success-on-thursday-nights/

15 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Need a huge game from King Henry tonight. Let's ride!

Indy Defense is legit. Could be a tough matchup for a bruising back like Henry. You're probably hoping for a TD, or even two. 

25 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Indy Defense is legit. Could be a tough matchup for a bruising back like Henry. You're probably hoping for a TD, or even two. 

To be honest, this is generally the case with Henry. And that's my biggest (and persistent) knock on him. The bottom line is he's TD dependent. I'd have to go back and look but my guess is he hasn't had one 15+ point week without a TD his entire career. Now he's obviously great at finding the endzone, but he's essentially TD or bust (ish) every week. 

*Edit. He was just over 15 week 1 this year. But for his career he's essentially always sub 10 in games he doesn't punch one in. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL
2 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

To be honest, this is generally the case on Henry. And that's my biggest (and persistent) knock on him. The bottom line is he's TD dependent. I'd have to go back and look but my guess is he hasn't had one 15+ point week without a TD his entire career. Now he's obviously great at finding the endzone, but he's essentially TD or bust (ish) every week. 

Week 1 this year he had over 15 points without a TD, so you guessed wrong.

4 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

To be honest, this is generally the case on Henry. And that's my biggest (and persistent) knock on him. The bottom line is he's TD dependent. I'd have to go back and look but my guess is he hasn't had one 15+ point week without a TD his entire career. Now he's obviously great at finding the endzone, but he's essentially TD or bust (ish) every week. 

Averaging over 100 rushing yards per game 👀 🤷‍♂️

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Averaging over 100 rushing yards per game 👀 🤷‍♂️

Right, but I'd take the under on 100 rushing yards against the Colts. That means he likely needs a TD tonight for it to be a good fantasy performance.