Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:


Week 1 this year he had over 15 points without a TD, so you guessed wrong.

Yes, I immediately edited it once I checked (as you can see above). Also, if you have the desire to check for yourself, you'll see that in his career when he doesn't score a TD he is essentially always sub 10. Sorry but for an RB1 that makes him TD or bust. Guys like Kamara, CMC, Zeke (pre Dak injury), Cook, etc. can still have very productive weeks without finding the endzone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Barkley - Out for season CMC - Has been out most of the season who knows his status for rest of season Sanders - in and out of the lineup Drake - Huge bust before getting injured M

If Henry got COVID his body would immediately synthesize an antiviral to it. Henry would then exhale it throughout the Western Hemisphere (at minimum), ending the pandemic.   (Alshon's soft tissu

update?

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Yes, I immediately edited it once I checked (as you can see above). Also, if you have the desire to check for yourself, you'll see that in his career when he doesn't score a TD he is essentially always sub 10. Sorry but for an RB1 that makes him TD or bust. Guys like Kamara, CMC, Zeke (pre Dak injury), Cook, etc. can still have very productive weeks without finding the endzone. 


What’s your point? All those guys were drafted ahead of Henry in any type of PPR format for precisely that reason.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Yes, I immediately edited it once I checked (as you can see above). Also, if you have the desire to check for yourself, you'll see that in his career when he doesn't score a TD he is essentially always sub 10. Sorry but for an RB1 that makes him TD or bust. Guys like Kamara, CMC, Zeke (pre Dak injury), Cook, etc. can still have very productive weeks without finding the endzone. 

Good thing he’s a 16 TDs per season kind of guy

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

24 carries, 106 yards, 2 TDs

2 rec, 13 yards 

Source: I'm against him.

But in all reality, the Colts are a great D, especially with a healthy Darius Leonard. And they will probably stack it a bit to slow him down as much as they can. But Tannehill being competent and having some good options in the passing game that demand actual respect (Brown, Jonnu, sometimes Davis/Humphries) helps so defenses can't solely key in in stopping the run.  I just think it takes one run for Henry to make his money. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:


What’s your point? All those guys were drafted ahead of Henry in any type of PPR format for precisely that reason.

I didn't just pull this out of thin air. A poster said we'll probably need a TD from him since Indy has a pretty stout run D and I simply responded by saying we need a TD every week from him in order for him to be productive from a fantasy perspective. Just highlighting that that isn't specific to this week. Not sure why you took THAT much issue with a fact. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I didn't just pull this out of thin air. A poster said we'll probably need a TD from him since Indy has a pretty stout run D and I simply responded by saying we need a TD every week from him in order for him to be productive from a fantasy perspective. Just highlighting that that isn't specific to this week. Not sure why you took THAT much issue with a fact. 

Henry is the must unimpressive first round back. TD dependent, usually plodding along for no yards, not shifty, not elusive, straight running style. 

He either gets lucky with a gigantic hole he can run vertically to the house, or a 2-3 yard touchdown that he just jumps over the pile. 

He produces, but it's ugly as all hell. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pit - Cincy - CHI - IND(tonights game) - BAL - IND is the current stretch he is on schedule wise recently, brutal besides cincy

 

weeks 13 and on is what this Henry owner is waiting on, wouldn't shock me to see a meh game or two these next 3 games, I'm sure one of the 3 he will pop

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Henry is the must unimpressive first round back. TD dependent, usually plodding along for no yards, not shifty, not elusive, straight running style. 

He either gets lucky with a gigantic hole he can run vertically to the house, or a 2-3 yard touchdown that he just jumps over the pile. 

He produces, but it's ugly as all hell. 

 

He affects the game so much he is being mentioned for MVP. Averaging 100 yards rushing and a TD per game. That's impressive for an unimpressive guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

He affects the game so much he is being mentioned for MVP. Averaging 100 yards rushing and a TD per game. That's impressive for an unimpressive guy.

You in a room with everyone legitimately mentioning him for MVP: 

giphy.gif

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

You in a room with everyone legitimately mentioning him for MVP: 

giphy.gif

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2020/10/19/derrick-henry-tennessee-titans-running-back-nfl-mvp

 

Wasn't me that wrote that article. It's 3 weeks old but it has been floated, Henry has been asked about it on national television during an interview so it is disingenuous to make it seem as though i just made it up or am alone in the idea. 

 

Vegas odds have Henry in the top 10 in betting odds for MVP.

 

Case in point he changes the game when he is on the field. That's what MVPs do. Yes, you can stack the box and make Henry look like a plodder but you will suffer by making Tannehill look like an MVP candidate. 

 

I actually don't think he wins MVP, it is the year of Kyler Murray/Russell Wilson but it has been mentioned.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why I questioned starting Derrick Henry in this game, especially for PPR, if you had safer options. People called me crazy though :huh:

His output, outside the Houston game, is not worthy of a first round pick thus far in PPR. Outside the Houston game, his AVG point per game is 15.2 in PPR. Not good enough for where we drafted him in PPR leagues.

Edited by jagsfan05
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

This is why I questioned starting Derrick Henry in this game, especially for PPR, if you had safer options. People called me crazy though :huh:


He had over 100 yards and got vultured from the goalline twice.  If he gets just one of those TDs, you aren’t in here 2 seconds after the game ends whining.  If he gets both, you’re looking at a top 5 RB on the week.


There are only a handful of “safer” options out there, even in PPR.

 

  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

This is why I questioned starting Derrick Henry in this game, especially for PPR, if you had safer options. People called me crazy though :huh:

His output, outside the Houston game, is not worthy of a first round pick thus far in PPR. Outside the Houston game, his AVG point per game is 15.2 in PPR. Not good enough for where we drafted him in PPR leagues.

I bet you can unload him to the Zeke owner? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:


He had over 100 yards and got vultured from the goalline twice.  If he gets just one of those TDs, you aren’t in here 2 seconds after the game ends whining.  If he gets both, you’re looking at a top 5 RB on the week.


There are only a handful of “safer” options out there, even in PPR.

 


Aww...cute argument. Feel better? Good, I'm glad. Point still stands....he hasn't been productive enough as a first round pick in PPR.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s been very good in standard, solid in .5ppr and a little underwhelming in PPR. The most frustrating part is how often he’s been vultured within the 5 yard line this season. Could’ve easily had 5+ more TDs. I really thought he could get 20+ TDs this year. 

Edited by TheFire
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just be ready for similar production next few weeks with tough defenses. Even those supposedly gravy playoff schedule I would not homerun them base on henry's jags performance earlier this yr. I don't get why they don't use him at all pass catching. Last yr he showed promise there and lately he barely catches at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jagsfan05 said:


Aww...cute argument. Feel better? Good, I'm glad. Point still stands....he hasn't been productive enough as a first round pick in PPR.


Cute argument? It’s a fact.

 

What’s cute is you coming in here as soon as the game ends, thinking anyone cares about your whining that Henry didn’t put up a monster game against one of the best run defenses in the league. If you wanna bench him, bench him. But don’t blame the people in this forum.

 

On most days he gets at least one TD with the opportunities they had. Tonight it didn’t happen. Deal with it. He still didn’t give his owners a complete dud.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...