NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

Henry ran hard and took a pounding, hurt his shoulder a little and took himself out of the game for a few plays.  He came close a couple of times of breaking a long run, I thought for sure he was going to break one when the Titans were starting a drive at their own 1 yard line.  He gets the Colts again in a couple of weeks.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Barkley - Out for season CMC - Has been out most of the season who knows his status for rest of season Sanders - in and out of the lineup Drake - Huge bust before getting injured M

If Henry got COVID his body would immediately synthesize an antiviral to it. Henry would then exhale it throughout the Western Hemisphere (at minimum), ending the pandemic.   (Alshon's soft tissu

update?

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Cute argument? It’s a fact.

What’s cute is you coming in here as soon as the game ends, thinking anyone cares about your whining that Henry didn’t put up a monster game against one of the best run defenses in the league. If you wanna bench him, bench him. But don’t blame the people in this forum.

On most days he gets at least one TD with the opportunities they had. Tonight it didn’t happen. Deal with it. He still didn’t give his owners a complete dud.

[...] I'm just making the point that he isn't living up to his 1st round pick status in PPR. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed bickering
19 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

He just hasn't been that productive this yr. Most like blocking issues. His plodding his way majority of time and lack of catches is big downfall to his game.

5.4 YPC today 4.6 YPC on the season. 3rd highest YPC out of anyone with 100+ carries despite him getting more obvious runs than anyone else.

”Plodding”

spacer.png

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I think Evans would be if he was healthy.  Seems a murky situation with him out... Likely a split between Foreman and McNichols.

Evans is probably a good second round pick in PPR next year too, wouldn't you figure?

30 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

[...] I'm just making the point that he isn't living up to his 1st round pick status in PPR. [...]

I doubt many people regret drafting Henry in round 1 PPR especially with how bad RBs have been this season.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jagsfan05 said:

25 minutes ago, Evincar said:

I doubt many people regret drafting Henry in round 1 PPR especially with how bad RBs have been this season.

He's absolutely worth the first round pick. I do regret taking him over Kamara and Cook at #4, but it could be much worse. Plus, we haven't seen the best of Henry, his playoff schedule is money and honestly it's hard to top 3 juicy match ups in the playoffs when it really counts amirite?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

He's absolutely worth the first round pick. I do regret taking him over Kamara and Cook at #4, but it could be much worse. Plus, we haven't seen the best of Henry, his playoff schedule is money and honestly it's hard to top 3 juicy match ups in the playoffs when it really counts amirite?

He'll win many owners a chip this year with that schedule, that's where his value lies. I'll take an underwhelming game vs CHI and an actually productive game vs IND now rather than weeks 13-16 when he plays against some of the saggiest run defences going.

When the inevitable TD's come with yardage like tonight he's worth his ADP

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

The RB3 in PPR.

Who is living up to their 1st round pick status?................

Wouldn’t things look brighter instead of drafting Henry you actually took Cook or Kamara? That is where the fault lies. Henry is too damn inconsistent for us fantasy fans. The guy looks like a beast when things go right but damn when things go wrong us owners are not to damn happy. Two games with single digit games, four games without a TD, that is two straight. 

Edited by shakestreet
14 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Wouldn’t things look brighter instead of drafting Henry you actually took Cook or Kamara? That is where the fault lies. Henry is too damn inconsistent for us fantasy fans. The guy looks like a beast when things go right but damn when things go wrong us owners are not to damn happy. Two games with single digit games, four games without a TD, that is two straight. 

Nope, I think it is recency bias. Dalvin Cook has had a couple of monster games recently and Henry has had back to back games with no TDs so I think the perception is that Cook was the better pick and Henry is a dissapointment but I think those with realistic expectations understand that Henry is in the midst of a tough stretch of defenses and he is not completely busting, he is providing steady if unspectacular fantasy numbers before he gets to the fantasy playoffs where he gets a few softer matchups for some blow up games. 

In fantasy it's all about making the playoffs. Then those weeks 14-16 are crucial

Dalvin will face @TB week 14 and Chicago week 15 and @NO week 16

Henry will face @JAX in week 14 and vs DET in week 15 and @GB in week 16.

So while dalvin shreds some softer defenses Henry tractors his way through the toughest defenses in the league for solid if unspectacular numbers until he gets to his softer matchups, which happen to come in the money weeks for fantasy, which is playoff weeks, 14-16.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
24 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Nope, I think it is recency bias. Dalvin Cook has had a couple of monster games recently and Henry has had back to back games with no TDs so I think the perception is that Cook was the better pick and Henry is a dissapointment but I think those with realistic expectations understand that Henry is in the midst of a tough stretch of defenses and he is not completely busting, he is providing steady if unspectacular fantasy numbers before he gets to the fantasy playoffs where he gets a few softer matchups for some blow up games. 

You might want to believe that nonsense about recency bias but damn look at the numbers, Cook has played once less game and hasn’t even played his week 10 game, and he is over 30 fantasy points ahead of Henry.
Cook has scored a TD every freaking game he has played.... while once again Henry has 4 games he hasn’t had a TD. 

In fantasy it's all about making the playoffs. Then those weeks 14-16 are crucial

Well we shall see about those soft matchups you are claiming. You better hope for a Henry game flow because we seen things get really ugly for Henry owners things can sour very quickly. It sure sucks when we see Henry on the sidelines with his helmet off whether the Titans are way behind or way ahead. 

So while dalvin shreds some softer defenses Henry tractors his way through the toughest defenses in the league for solid if unspectacular numbers until he gets to his softer matchups, which happen to come in the money weeks for fantasy, which is playoff weeks, 14-16.

Edited by shakestreet
  • Like 1
48 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

1) Kamara & Cook went ahead of Henry in most drafts, especially in PPR. So did CMC & Saquon. You can’t just cherry-pick the 2 First-Rounders having better seasons.

2) Cook has already missed a game, and has a brutal playoff schedule. He is also a much larger injury risk. That being said, I would put him slightly ahead in any PPR format. I’d rather have Henry in standard bc of the schedule and lack of risk.

3) We know Henry always improves as the year progresses. He’s halfway through the brutal part of his schedule, and it opens up at the exact right time.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Lol Cook doesn't have cake matchups compared to Henry. They pretty much have had similar matchups all season they both faced indy and of course Dalvin did better than Henry. Henrys is a fine rb but hes no league winner like Kamara and Dalvin are dont fool yourself.

• Like 1

Own no shares of this guy...people are complaining? His schedule upcoming is great. At least you didn't have to start Jonathan ******** Taylor this week.

Only sure things right now for RB's are Cook and Kamara more or less...just enjoy that you got 12 points out of a RB which seems impossible these days. 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

You might want to believe that nonsense about recency bias but damn look at the numbers, Cook has played once less game and hasn’t even played his week 10 game, and he is over 30 fantasy points ahead of Henry.
Cook has scored a TD every freaking game he has played.... while once again Henry has 4 games he hasn’t had a TD. 

Well we shall see about those soft matchups you are claiming. You better hope for a Henry game flow because we seen things get really ugly for Henry owners things can sour very quickly. It sure sucks when we see Henry on the sidelines with his helmet off whether the Titans are way behind or way ahead. 

Dalvin faced the same INd defense in week 2 and had 14 for 62 and a TD.

Henry was a much better runner against the same defense just failed to find the end zone last night.

As I said, Dalvin has been crushing it against some softer defenses against the run. They play chicago twice in the 2nd half of the season a d TB is good against the run. 

I sure do like Dalvin, his 2 game stretch this year is reminiscint of Henrys 3 game stretch last year of 180+ rushing yards per game.

1 hour ago, straightfire118 said:

Lol Cook doesn't have cake matchups compared to Henry. They pretty much have had similar matchups all season they both faced indy and of course Dalvin did better than Henry. Henrys is a fine rb but hes no league winner like Kamara and Dalvin are dont fool yourself.

Vs IND:

Dalvin - 14 for 63 TD, 2 catches 8 yards

Henry - 19 for 103, 1 catch for 9 yards

The difference in those in fantasy terms is maybe 4 points. Cook found the end zone, Henry didn't. That's basically the difference 

The 4 fantasy point difference between how Henry did against Indy and how Dalvin did is what makes Dalvin and league winner and Henry is not?

85e374c7711f9fb29b971557ad959caa--free-candy-the-sweet.jpg.cf (1).jpg

Edit: Cook doesn't have soft matchups? Name the tough rushing defense cook has faced?

Henry has squared off against PIT, CHI, IND already.

GB and DET and ATL And Seattle are not great rushing defenses.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

This really shouldn’t turn into a Dalvin vs. Henry debate... Both have been very good to great this year.  Also, Dalvin’s ADP was ahead of Henry (especially in PPR formats), so the expectation was he is supposed to be better.

The issue I have is people complaining about performances like last night, and whining that Henry is not returning First Round value by pointing to Kamara and Cook.

Take a look at the other First Rounders, and tell me who has been better, and who you’d rather have ROS.  The list stops after Cook and Kamara. You can maybe throw Aaron Jones in there, but he’s missed games due to injury.

• Like 1