NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

If you were in PPR and took Henry over Cook/Kamara thats on you, whine in the shower or something for that personal mistake

Other than that if you drafted Henry regardless of format then WTF is anyone even complaining about hah enjoy the playoff schedule to echo many others 

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Barkley - Out for season CMC - Has been out most of the season who knows his status for rest of season Sanders - in and out of the lineup Drake - Huge bust before getting injured M

If Henry got COVID his body would immediately synthesize an antiviral to it. Henry would then exhale it throughout the Western Hemisphere (at minimum), ending the pandemic.   (Alshon's soft tissu

update?

Posted Images

Don't get the complaints. The guy isn't running for 100+ and two TDs every game. 

With the matchup last night, I lowered my own expectations. I felt like it wasn't unreasonable for Henry to possibly land 80ish yards and no TDs.

Henry actually outperformed my expectations with 11 PPR points. In addition, he was running through that Colts run D and if it wasn't for the stupid game script (which was submarined by TN's idiotic special teams play) he would have got WAY more run 2nd half. Also, minus two fluky plays on the goal line Henry was "this close" to having a huge game.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Don't get the complaints. The guy isn't running for 100+ and two TDs every game. 

With the matchup last night, I lowered my own expectations. I felt like it wasn't unreasonable for Henry to possibly land 80ish yards and no TDs.

Henry actually outperformed my expectations with 11 PPR points. In addition, he was running through that Colts run D and if it wasn't for the stupid game script (which was submarined by TN's idiotic special teams play) he would have got WAY more run 2nd half. Also, minus two fluky plays on the goal line Henry was "this close" to having a huge game.

80 and a tuddy is more than 11ppr pts. 

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

Fine. It’s just weird that you focused on calling that out rather than the other, more pertinent points in his post.

I swear, people just love to hate on this guy.

People also love to vociferously defend this guy.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Fine. It’s just weird that you focused on calling that out rather than the other, more pertinent points in his post.

I swear, people just love to hate on this guy.

His entire post was based on the performance vs expectations. This thread is always polarizing based on the fact that according to some, DH can do no wrong/never should get the blame/and is in MVP consideration. All of those need to be called out accordingly. 

• Like 1
Just now, Nap Time said:

Lose Conklin and Lewan, go up against a great defense ... still over 5 ypc?  I'm impressed.

Exactly.

I swear most people expect their #1 draft pick to score 30+ each week and to "carry them." Guarantee you these same owners of Henry have no clue how to build a winning roster that fills any slight "gap" in Henry's performance.

Every single player has volatility in performance. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

It’s not hard to defend him when he’s a Top 5 RB.

People are complaining bc he’s not top 2, but he wasn’t drafted at that price.

...not sure that’s the reason people are complaining.

35 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

His entire post was based on the performance vs expectations. This thread is always polarizing based on the fact that according to some, DH can do no wrong/never should get the blame/and is in MVP consideration. All of those need to be called out accordingly. 

Pretty sure only one person mentioned him in the MVP race, and “Derrick Henry” is literally in his user name.

I’m defending him after this performance because literally 2 minutes after the game was over, people were in here complaining and saying he’s not an RB1, saying he’s not Cook, Kamara, etc.

I don’t think anyone is saying he’s THE RB1 (especially not in PPR formats), although he’s still in the conversation moving forward considering the schedule lines up, and we’ve seen him explode at the end of seasons before.

I’d still take Kamara and Cook moving forward in any PPR format, in standard, it’s close.  The two of them have obviously had a leg up to this point, but that shouldn’t be a knock on Henry, considering their ADPs were higher.

34 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Then what are they complaining about?

They are complaining about the fact that he didn’t meet their sky-high expectations of him.  It’s a familiar meme in this thread, particularly when game-script doesn’t favor him.

28 minutes ago, BMcP said:

They are complaining about the fact that he didn’t meet their sky-high expectations of him.  It’s a familiar meme in this thread, particularly when game-script doesn’t favor him.

Well I guess we can agree that the problem is their expectations.  “Top 2”, “sky-high”... however you want to quantify it.

Bottom line is he’s still a Top 5 RB on the season.

Just now, Fried Pork Grind said:

In my lifetime there are only two RBs that I think players are terrified to see in 1/1 open space. Barry Sanders because he will make you catch air and this guy because he will make you eat grass. Those two make all the other HOF RBs look like JAGs. 

Did Henry stiff arm a DT to the ground last night?

My sources say yes.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/derrick-henry-effortlessly-throws-down-6-foot-4-315-pound-dt

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Well I guess we can agree that the problem is their expectations.  “Top 2”, “sky-high”... however you want to quantify it.

Bottom line is he’s still a Top 5 RB on the season.

Yep - agreed on that.  People aren’t happy with just 11 points from their healthy first-round pick.

Edited by BMcP