Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Barkley - Out for season CMC - Has been out most of the season who knows his status for rest of season Sanders - in and out of the lineup Drake - Huge bust before getting injured M

If Henry got COVID his body would immediately synthesize an antiviral to it. Henry would then exhale it throughout the Western Hemisphere (at minimum), ending the pandemic.   (Alshon's soft tissu

update?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

This guy is such a throwback. His style of running through people rather than around them hasn't been applied so effectively for generations. You really have to go back to Campbell and Dickerson to find guys that really fit that description so thoroughly. Henry doesn't run with quite the tenacity of those guys or display the incredible vision and balance that they did, but he arguably has a stronger burst and top-end speed. In that regard, he's sort of a modern hyrbrid combining the physicality of a bygone era with the rare size/speed combination that today's scouting departments drool over: He can both run you over and fly past you. A rare breed, indeed.

Generations? And he is the least power back of power backs he punishes defenders but he isn't trucking people like the backs you a talking about from generations ago.

 

You show you never watched the others live, only on YouTube highlights. I am old enough to have watched all but Jim Brown. 

 

Earl would run through you but had the speed to outrun 95% of the players. Eric and Walter would lower their shoulder if they had to, but could more easily run around you. 

 

DHenry uses his stiff arm to knock people off instead of lowering his shoulder.

Edited by cashvillesent
Link to post
Share on other sites

Derrick Henry has piled up 1,121 rushing yards in his last 8 road games Since the 1970 merger, only hall of famers Eric Dickerson & Earl Campbell had more rush yards in an 8-game span of road contests

 

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/crown-the-king-derrick-henry-mvp-tennessee-titans

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

When Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill last addressed the workload of running back Derrick Henry, Tannehill said the then-recent reduction in Henry’s touches had happened by design.

After Sunday’s 27-carry performance for Henry against the Colts, which followed last Sunday’s 28-carry day for Henry against the Ravens, I asked Tannehill when and why the plans apparently changed.

“I don’t know,” Tannehill said. “That’s probably a question for Coach Vrabel or [offensive coordinator] Arthur [Smith], but Derrick’s been rolling. As we get down the stretch here into games that really matter in January, we need Derrick to roll. I think obviously it’s important for us to keep him going and that’s what we’re gonna do.”

 

I like Tannehill but he is either not very smart or he just does not know how to handle the media.

 

Just a couple weeks ago he flat out said that WE have reduced Henrys workload by design, meaning himself included. I opined that he was speaking more like a coach than a QB and should focus on doing his own job better. 

 

After Henry gets 25+ touches in back to back rumbling victories when asked about it Tannehill says he doesn't know, have to ask Vrabel or Arthur Smith about that.

 

I'd expect Tannehill to be more professional in his interviews. He came across arrogant,cocky, and ignorant by saying Henrys reduced workload was by design. I'd think Tannehill would be a tad more grateful to Henry for reviving his career. Tannehill could have easily said that in our willingness to keep Henry fresher for later in the season we kinda shared his workload and lost a few games and we need to get back to our identity of featuring Henry and letting him do what he does best. 

 

Much more appropriate than the route he decided to take and now for people paying attention he looks to be backpedaling fast now that Henry has ran them to back to back victories.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

When Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill last addressed the workload of running back Derrick Henry, Tannehill said the then-recent reduction in Henry’s touches had happened by design.

After Sunday’s 27-carry performance for Henry against the Colts, which followed last Sunday’s 28-carry day for Henry against the Ravens, I asked Tannehill when and why the plans apparently changed.

“I don’t know,” Tannehill said. “That’s probably a question for Coach Vrabel or [offensive coordinator] Arthur [Smith], but Derrick’s been rolling. As we get down the stretch here into games that really matter in January, we need Derrick to roll. I think obviously it’s important for us to keep him going and that’s what we’re gonna do.”

 

I like Tannehill but he is either not very smart or he just does not know how to handle the media.

 

Just a couple weeks ago he flat out said that WE have reduced Henrys workload by design, meaning himself included. I opined that he was speaking more like a coach than a QB and should focus on doing his own job better. 

 

After Henry gets 25+ touches in back to back rumbling victories when asked about it Tannehill says he doesn't know, have to ask Vrabel or Arthur Smith about that.

 

I'd expect Tannehill to be more professional in his interviews. He came across arrogant,cocky, and ignorant by saying Henrys reduced workload was by design. I'd think Tannehill would be a tad more grateful to Henry for reviving his career. Tannehill could have easily said that in our willingness to keep Henry fresher for later in the season we kinda shared his workload and lost a few games and we need to get back to our identity of featuring Henry and letting him do what he does best. 

 

Much more appropriate than the route he decided to take and now for people paying attention he looks to be backpedaling fast now that Henry has ran them to back to back victories.

Can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic, regardless I’m in 100% agreement. Tannehill seems like a good dude like you said not the most articulate guy. I think he got himself gassed up a little bit I don’t care how pretty his stats are the last season or two he’s still just a “good” game manager. He has a very good coach, beast RB, and a WR who takes his 10 yard passes 70 yards. He may have one of the easiest jobs in the NFL 

Edited by CroNY
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CroNY said:

Can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic, regardless I’m in 100% agreement. Tannehill seems like a good dude like you said not the most articulate guy. I think he got himself gassed up a little bit I don’t care how pretty his stats are the last season or two he’s still just a “good” game manager. He has a very good coach, beast RB, and a WR who takes his 10 yard passes 70 yards. He may have one of the easiest jobs in the NFL 

 

I'm being very serious. I think you are spot on. I'm nitpicking but I follow a lot of it and when the Titans were courting Tom Brady Henry said why not Ryan Tannehill? When Henry was asked about himself for MVP Henry said why not Tannehill? When Tannehill was asked about Henry he said WE are reducing his workload by design and they lose all those games. When Henry comes back and wins 2 games for them to stop the losing streak with huge workloads then when asked about it Tannehill says I don't know, go ask the coaches. Lol.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JL13 said:

Likelihood they back down Henry’s usage to avoid injury nearing the playoffs?

 

Not sure how the tie-breakers (other than head-to-head) break down but the Titans are still vying with the Colts for their division. The wildcard spots look quite competitive too in the AFC so I'm not sure the Titans are in a spot where they can afford to let off the gas right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JL13 said:

Likelihood they back down Henry’s usage to avoid injury nearing the playoffs?

I don’t think they will intentionally go into a game saying we need to give DH less work, but I could see them getting up big on some of their upcoming opponents and then laying off him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JL13 said:

Likelihood they back down Henry’s usage to avoid injury nearing the playoffs?

I’d say pretty unlikely unless they’re absolutely steamrolling someone. And if they’re steamrolling someone, King Henry has likely already ate anyway. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The 3 dudes that do the rankings over at fantasypros.com each have King Henry as the #1 RB for the rest of the season across all scoring formats - Standard, Half PPR, and Full PPR.

We don't need no stinkin' catches!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...