NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

8 minutes ago, yossarian said:

Standard scoring, last 3 weeks (counting today) Kamara has scored 10.5, 5.4 and 15.7 points. He was absolutely game scripted all to hell. Him not being used much due to the Broncos match up is the damn definition of being game scripted out. Due to the matchup, they didn't need to use him. He was not used. He was not productive.

In that same period Henry put up 19.3, 36.5, and 4.9 points. They're both top tier RB 1s, 2 of the top 3 going this season (rank them however you want to). All this talk in here about "actually Henry isn't that good a RB cause every once in awhile he has a bad game" is insane. He's a beast. Arguing otherwise is just completely ignoring facts. 

Everybody's going to have a **** game every once in awhile. Doesn't mean they're JAG.

Completely different type of game script. Knowing you can win and save your franchise RB some pounding is not the same.  But get your point.  Teams do this every year.  Have a big division game for first vs a rival.  Win and then **** the bed the next week.  As I said before all Henry owners just be happy it happened week 13 not in playoffs.

Edited by youngrice
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Barkley - Out for season CMC - Has been out most of the season who knows his status for rest of season Sanders - in and out of the lineup Drake - Huge bust before getting injured M

If Henry got COVID his body would immediately synthesize an antiviral to it. Henry would then exhale it throughout the Western Hemisphere (at minimum), ending the pandemic.   (Alshon's soft tissu

update?

Posted Images

For those Henry owners who have clinched a playoff spot, are you handcuffing him?

The schedule ahead looks delish and regardless of who is back there in the case where Henry goes down should produce in this offense.

D. Foreman? Feel like he is more of the one for one replacement with McNichols being the change of pace back.

Don't understand all this gamescript griping. This thread is ridiculous. When he has a great game, a lot of patting on the back. When he lays an egg...which everyone does...the naysayers are here. All I know is he's helped get me in this position, the schedule looks promising, and minus injury this guy could be a key cog in a championship run.

• Like 1

A must win fantasy game and Derrick Henry failed to deliver.
The past four weeks 1/2 ppr 11.4, 19.7, 37.5, 5.4 .... One more time. Those numbers are just too damn inconsistent for people who play this fake fantasy football. The Titans have played 12 games Henry has 6 games above 15 pts and 6 below. We enjoy those so called “beast” games, but half the time we can count on a boring ride. Just another dud. Nothing to see here. 

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, yossarian said:

Standard scoring, last 3 weeks (counting today) Kamara has scored 10.5, 5.4 and 15.7 points. He was absolutely game scripted all to hell. Him not being used much due to the Broncos match up is the damn definition of being game scripted out. Due to the matchup, they didn't need to use him. He was not used. He was not productive.

In that same period Henry put up 19.3, 36.5, and 4.9 points. They're both top tier RB 1s, 2 of the top 3 going this season (rank them however you want to). All this talk in here about "actually Henry isn't that good a RB cause every once in awhile he has a bad game" is insane. He's a beast. Arguing otherwise is just completely ignoring facts. 

Everybody's going to have a **** game every once in awhile. Doesn't mean they're JAG.

I'd say only CMC is the safe from being game scripted out, but last year even he had crappy game in Week 2 (37 rush yards/16 rec yards/0 TDs) and if I remember right it was because Cam Newton stunk up the place.

Edited by ZappB
3 minutes ago, ZappB said:

I'd say only CMC is the safe from being game scripted out, but last year even he had crappy game in Week 2 (37 rush yards/16 rec yards/0 TDs) and if I remember right it was because Cam Newton stunk up the place.

Cook?

Also Henry has had games in standard of 4.9, 6.8, 8.4 so it's not like this is his first turd. It's his worst turd to date, not his first. 

Edited by noles1983
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

Cook?

Also Henry has had games in standard of 4.9, 6.8, 8.4 so it's not like this is his first turd. It's his worst turd to date, not his first. 

Fair point for Cook.

29 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

To all of you haters who had been waiting a month to come in here 5 minutes after yesterday’s game ended to talk trash about Henry...

...Just be prepared to be quoted and tagged the next 3 weeks when he blows up during the fantasy playoffs. 👑 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

A must win fantasy game and Derrick Henry failed to deliver.
The past four weeks 1/2 ppr 11.4, 19.7, 37.5, 5.4 .... One more time. Those numbers are just too damn inconsistent for people who play this fake fantasy football. The Titans have played 12 games Henry has 6 games above 15 pts and 6 below. We enjoy those so called “beast” games, but half the time we can count on a boring ride. Just another dud. Nothing to see here. 

At the end of the day, once the season is over, and you look back at all the RB game logs(fantasy point wise). You’ll be very hard pressed to find even a single RB with a consistent beastly game log(fantasy point wise). They all have their poor fantasy weeks sprinkled in here and there. Last year the most consistent RB game logs were McCaffrey and Zeke. Everyone else had some duds sprinkled in their game logs. 
This year, so far, Cook and Kamara seem to have the most consistent game logs with only one game in single digits a piece. After those 2 there’s Robinson and Henry.  After that you have Gibson and A.Jones whom both have 3 games in single digits. Point is even if Henry is not consistent in some people’s eyes, in our fake reality he’s just about as consistent as they come. Sucks for fantasy that there isn’t any one RB that will give you no less than 15-20 every week. Nature of the game. Any given Sunday. Bottom line is Henry is one of the top 4 most consistent RB’s on the year this year. Hard to complain when there’s only 2 maybe 3 guys that have been more consistent week to week. And he was 1st last year. Plus the year isn’t over. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I find it amusing there's so much hate for a guy who is a consensus top option and also crushed it last year. Nothing that he does is a fluke - his opportunities, breaking big plays, etc. As with anything else in life, that will appeal to some and not to others, but I'm planning on riding him to a title this season.

Barring something like LT's 2006 or AD's 2012 season, every player is going to have duds. AD was easily game scripted out as well and I don't recall anyone complaining about him.

There is no issue other than from a handful of people who expect perfection from their first round pick. There's also resentment towards DHC because he hypes this guy up to no end and anytime he fails to win a week for them they love to rub his nose in it. By the way, keep doing your thing DHC because you're going to be right a whole lot more than you're going to be wrong.

I have this guy in standard and am thrilled. Didn't make him a huge priority in PPR but wish I had over the other guys I went with. Dalvin Cook is the only guy I'd want over him and that is only by a slim margin and hindsight is 20/20 since Cook was discounted due to his lengthy injury history.

I probably won't get a BYE because of Henry's performance this week but I was only in the running for it because of him. I'll take that outcome from my top pick every season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Cook has had a cupcake schedule up until now. Will be very interested in how Cook v Henry shakes out over the fantasy playoffs.

Me too, but I think it'll be Henry and it won't be particularly close due to schedule. 

2 minutes ago, trilly said:

Me too, but I think it'll be Henry and it won't be particularly close due to schedule. 

The next two matchups are smash spots.

Week 16 could be troubling. While GB gives up a hefty amount on the ground we could see ARod go bezerk early on and see a repeat of yesterday...in the championship game.

We'll see. Will worry about that if I get there.

Unfortunately, if Henry does smash the naysayers wont be back to eat crow.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

For those Henry owners who have clinched a playoff spot, are you handcuffing him?

The schedule ahead looks delish and regardless of who is back there in the case where Henry goes down should produce in this offense.

D. Foreman? Feel like he is more of the one for one replacement with McNichols being the change of pace back.

Don't understand all this gamescript griping. This thread is ridiculous. When he has a great game, a lot of patting on the back. When he lays an egg...which everyone does...the naysayers are here. All I know is he's helped get me in this position, the schedule looks promising, and minus injury this guy could be a key cog in a championship run.

I'm going back and forth on this. I have Foreman on my bench and Evans on my IR.

On the one hand, I think Foreman is now the clear handcuff and would slot in nicely if Henry goes down. But look what just happened with Booker. And with Hill before him. And Mattison before him. 

I honestly don't know if I'd want to play Foreman over a dart throw like Cam Akers or James White. And if at all possible I'd rather play a WR3/4.

At this point I don't think you're winning any games with Foreman as your de facto RB1. But it's hard and I'm a cowardly SOB so I'll probably end up holding him regardless. 

Edited by MingusDew
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

I honestly don't know if I'd want to play Foreman over a dart throw like Cam Akers or James White. And if at all possible I'd rather play a WR3/4.

At this point I don't think you're winning any games with Foreman as your de facto RB1. But it's hard and I'm a cowardly SOB so I'll probably end up holding him regardless. 

Those other options are long gone in my league.

The reason why I am leaning towards a Foreman is god knows he'd be the #1 waiver claim if Henry were to go down and with the upcoming schedule, he'll produce. I'd hate to see my opponent use him against me as well.

1 minute ago, kyoun1e said:

Those other options are long gone in my league.

The reason why I am leaning towards a Foreman is god knows he'd be the #1 waiver claim if Henry were to go down and with the upcoming schedule, he'll produce. I'd hate to see my opponent use him against me as well.

These are good points. If you've got the bench space then sure. At this time of year you want to be holding handcuffs, lottery tickets and DSTs anyways.

5 hours ago, MingusDew said:

These are good points. If you've got the bench space then sure. At this time of year you want to be holding handcuffs, lottery tickets and DSTs anyways.

Great discussion on handcuffs.  I've been debating this as well.  I have Henry in both my leagues  and own foreman and evans in both.  In one league, we have a shallow bench, so this is becoming more challenging.  Foreman has looked solid, but I worry it ends up being  rbbc if henry goes down.  Unfortunately not a ton on the wire in my league, and I have no FAB left, and am in first.  So effectively I'm getting scraps at this point anyways.  

I'm sticking with foreman for now.  Mcnichols seems like a change of pace.

On 12/7/2020 at 7:51 PM, FF_FREAK said:

Great discussion on handcuffs.  I've been debating this as well.  I have Henry in both my leagues  and own foreman and evans in both.  In one league, we have a shallow bench, so this is becoming more challenging.  Foreman has looked solid, but I worry it ends up being  rbbc if henry goes down.  Unfortunately not a ton on the wire in my league, and I have no FAB left, and am in first.  So effectively I'm getting scraps at this point anyways.  

I'm sticking with foreman for now.  Mcnichols seems like a change of pace.

Evans coming off of IR is annoying. I really don't want to hold both him and Foreman...