NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Barkley - Out for season CMC - Has been out most of the season who knows his status for rest of season Sanders - in and out of the lineup Drake - Huge bust before getting injured M

If Henry got COVID his body would immediately synthesize an antiviral to it. Henry would then exhale it throughout the Western Hemisphere (at minimum), ending the pandemic.   (Alshon's soft tissu

update?

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, matanp said:

with the way RBs have been injured this year, and with this dude's consistency, I honestly might draft him #1 overall next year.  

I would definitely consider him as #1 in standard, but I would still take CMC, Kamara and Cook over him in PPR. Yes he has much less injury concern which is great, but you can never predict injuries. He also $&#@ the bed on Sunday and was the worst position player performing on my team so I'm a little bitter as I lost by 1.5 points and lost first seed and $400 difference between 1st and 2nd and it's hard to forget situations like that when it matters the most. He is a one dimensional player given that he barely gets play in the passing game, so you are always taking a disadvantage with that in PPR. The other three I mentioned are dual threat. 

4 hours ago, noles1983 said:

This bum needs to make amends for last week

Seriously it's time for him to shine in this juicy playoff schedule we've been talking about all season. Needs to make up for that first meeting with the jags and go back to his old ways against them with a nice 200/4

5 hours ago, trolltoll said:

I would definitely consider him as #1 in standard, but I would still take CMC, Kamara and Cook over him in PPR. Yes he has much less injury concern which is great, but you can never predict injuries. He also $&#@ the bed on Sunday and was the worst position player performing on my team so I'm a little bitter as I lost by 1.5 points and lost first seed and $400 difference between 1st and 2nd and it's hard to forget situations like that when it matters the most. He is a one dimensional player given that he barely gets play in the passing game, so you are always taking a disadvantage with that in PPR. The other three I mentioned are dual threat. 

You are in the playoffs, that's the most you can ask for in fantasy. Nitpicking missing the #1 overall seed when Henry is the horse that got you there reeks of recency bias. Every player has bad games and the same guy you cursed last week you will count on to help win you some $$$ with a strong playoff push so I don't get the resentment of one bad game. One of your other players could have covered the 1.5 points too, just sayin'.

I'd agree that the top pass catching backs probably still go over Henry in PPR until Vrabel does more than just talk about getting Henry involved in the receiving game.

Id have thought this past weekend would be a perfect time to try him out in comeback mode but they didn't even try so that was a bit discouraging based on what Vrabel had said just the week prior about possibly involving him more in the receiving game.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

You are in the playoffs, that's the most you can ask for in fantasy. Nitpicking missing the #1 overall seed when Henry is the horse that got you there reeks of recency bias. Every player has bad games and the same guy you cursed last week you will count on to help win you some $$$ with a strong playoff push so I don't get the resentment of one bad game. One of your other players could have covered the 1.5 points too, just sayin'.

I'd agree that the top pass catching backs probably still go over Henry in PPR until Vrabel does more than just talk about getting Henry involved in the receiving game.

Id have thought this past weekend would be a perfect time to try him out in comeback mode but they didn't even try so that was a bit discouraging based on what Vrabel had said just the week prior about possibly involving him more in the receiving game.

You're right, other players could have covered it, but none of them were must starts such as Henry, so there is more disappointment with Henry in this situation when the game mattered the most and losing by 1.5 pts. Essentially that was his fumble. Blame can be placed anywhere, but he was my #1 pick so of course I have the highest expectations for him. But look really I don't resent him that much, he's been solid, just saying that sticks in my mind because this loss absolutely stung lol. 

I wouldn't say Henry was the horse that got me here, I could name several players on my team collectively that did so.  In fact, during most of Henry's blow up weeks my team was already killing it, so I just ended up slaughtering the other team. Week 6 was the one week where it could absolutely be said that Henry won the game for me. 

Anyway, we're finally at the moment of his juicy playoff schedule, here's to hoping that he finishes out the year with 800 more yards and 10 TD's. 

Edited by trolltoll
  • Like 1
On 12/7/2020 at 10:23 AM, SkinsChargersFan said:

To all of you haters who had been waiting a month to come in here 5 minutes after yesterday’s game ended to talk trash about Henry...

...Just be prepared to be quoted and tagged the next 3 weeks when he blows up during the fantasy playoffs. 👑 

As promised... let’s start with @kdko

🍻

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Ha. He had racked up an insane amount of fantasy points well before he hit 20+ carries.  

Nice try though.

Well, it's too bad for you he stuck around long enough to facilitate my point :D