NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, MJLM said:

I'm getting a bad feeling this week. TEN could VERY easily win this game against a horrible DET D and no Matt Stafford. We might see a ton of McNichols instead or Tannehill throws a pass or two to Brown and Davis in the end zone and they decide to rest Henry for upcoming matches. Very concerned.

Yeah I feel you. With a bottom tier rushing defense you can't feel good about Henry this week. Mckissic catches the ball and it's a revenge game so I'm leaning that way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Barkley - Out for season CMC - Has been out most of the season who knows his status for rest of season Sanders - in and out of the lineup Drake - Huge bust before getting injured M

If Henry got COVID his body would immediately synthesize an antiviral to it. Henry would then exhale it throughout the Western Hemisphere (at minimum), ending the pandemic.   (Alshon's soft tissu

update?

Posted Images

Love Henry. Takin him 3 years in a row as my #1 but whats folks feelings on him next year. Guys who do what he does and get so many carries usually break down quick. Injuries start. Look at mccaffrey, one injury after another after all those carries 2 years in a row. I plan on taking Henry again if i can and would keep him in a keeper but i got all this work has to catch up to him. Thoughts ?

8 minutes ago, damageinc said:

Love Henry. Takin him 3 years in a row as my #1 but whats folks feelings on him next year. Guys who do what he does and get so many carries usually break down quick. Injuries start. Look at mccaffrey, one injury after another after all those carries 2 years in a row. I plan on taking Henry again if i can and would keep him in a keeper but i got all this work has to catch up to him. Thoughts ?

Tanks might get dings and scratches but rarely do they get shut down.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, fluffy69 said:

It's not even fair anymore, they should make the big man play with no helmet.

... agreed!

this is all the headgear he needs ... lead with The Crown!

Derrick Henry GIFs | Tenor

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Haha 3

When Henry finally retires  someone will put him out to stud... like a race horse.   You do not find 6ft3   250lbs monsters that can out run a 210lb CB in the open field.... and then pick them up my their helmet and toss them aside like a rag doll.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... agreed!

this is all the headgear he needs ... lead with The Crown!

Derrick Henry GIFs | Tenor

When Henry was young they used to make him sit out 2nd half of games to try and make it fair.

Maybe the NFL could adopt a similar rule for Henry for the month of December to make the games more fair.

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

When Henry was young they used to make him sit out 2nd half of games to try and make it fair.

Maybe the NFL could adopt a similar rule for Henry for the month of December to make the games more fair.

... that, or tie a piano to his back 😄

47 minutes ago, trilly said:

It's crazy to say, but less than 30 pts would actually be disappointing to me. I had LT during his epic 2006 season, and the upside he brings each week with these matchups makes it feel like that again.

I’m with ya. [...] Lead us to the promised land, King. Yahoo has him projected for 150 total yards and 2 tuddies, and I feel like that could be low. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

“That’s a great milestone. Not many have done it (rushed for 2,000 yards),” Henry said. “The backs that have done it, I am sure they would give a lot of thanks to their teammates, offensive line, all the guys blocking. Couldn’t have done it without them. Coaching staff. It takes everyone.”

what a teammate this guy is. 

he does not care about personal stats but the above quote is illuminating in and of itself. The only interest Henry has in 2,000 yards is accolades for his offensive line, all the guys blocking, coaches, etc... If he does reach 2,000 rushing yards all you will hear from him is profuse appreciation to all his teammates that helped make it happen and none for himself.

The Humble King.

awesome game from Henry as usual, but man, it felt like he was vultured at least 2-3 times.  Tannehill with 2 rushing touchdowns, ouch.

if I'm lucky enough to make it to next week, it's a lot due to this guy.  can't wait to see him against GB next week.

59 minutes ago, Redphan said:

So happy I took DH with 6th pick this year in my redraft league, his sluggish start worried me but he always comes to play at season's end. If Titans make the playoffs look out!

I took him with the 5th, but I would have even taken him at 3 or 4. Guy has carried me to the finals 2 years straight.