NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Barkley - Out for season CMC - Has been out most of the season who knows his status for rest of season Sanders - in and out of the lineup Drake - Huge bust before getting injured M

If Henry got COVID his body would immediately synthesize an antiviral to it. Henry would then exhale it throughout the Western Hemisphere (at minimum), ending the pandemic.   (Alshon's soft tissu

update?

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

Him being one dimensional mean duds when they are getting blown out

Wasn't even the case here. He was getting carries all the way up to the last drive. Just couldn't pop a big one. Longest rush was 11 I think. Still 23/98 for 4.3 per. Just no TDs or catches. Wasn't game flowed out tho, he was still the main piece even when down three scores.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Wasn't even the case here. He was getting carries all the way up to the last drive. Just couldn't pop a big one. Longest rush was 11 I think. Still 23/98 for 4.3 per. Just no TDs or catches. Wasn't game flowed out tho, he was still the main piece even when down three scores.

exactly my point---no dump off or catches. 

3 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

exactly my point---no dump off or catches. 

Which doesn't happen at any point really. Leading or trailing. His workload was enough for a big game, them being down had little to do with it. He still got fed. He was still their centerpiece all game.

2 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Which doesn't happen at any point really. Leading or trailing. His workload was enough for a big game, them being down had little to do with it. He still got fed. He was still their centerpiece all game.

He didn’t deliver in our biggest game of the year week 16 our championship. Some leagues start playoffs week 13 , he put up a bust that week too. 

If you lost because Derrick Henry -only- put up 10 points, your team probably wasn’t that great to begin with. If you need a Henry blow up game every single week to be competitive, you probably built a team that was way too reliant on a single player. Which is not a recipe for fantasy success. S/O to King Henry for the incredible year, I’ll do what I can to draft/acquire this cat next year.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

If you lost because Derrick Henry -only- put up 10 points, your team probably wasn’t that great to begin with. If you need a Henry blow up game every single week to be competitive, you probably built a team that was way too reliant on a single player. Which is not a recipe for fantasy success. S/O to King Henry for the incredible year, I’ll do what I can to draft/acquire this cat next year.

Or.... you played a team with Kamara,  Adams and T Brady as QB.     Henry got me to the playoffs but to win this championship I needed a blowup from him last night.    We often lose sight that some weeks are not winnable....   Knowing how the season played out.. I would still take Henry every time in the first round.    

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ffguy0087 said:

It is the case dude.  The dude didn't get 1freaking target!  He's completely one dimensional and you'd have to be blind and/or delusional not to see it.  Most RB's would be involved in the passing game even if their team is behind.

47 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Exactly.

Had my eye on this matchup and had a feeling it would go this way. A. Rodgers in primetime, at home, usually equals a walk in the park for GB. 

I'm actually surprised Henry almost cracked 100 with such a lousy gamescript. TN stuck with the run until maybe their last drive.

I'm still alive tonight and it's not solely because of Henry. It's also because I managed my roster and found guys like Gaskin, J. Wilson and others. 

If owners don't want any volatility in their teams, they should join 6 team leagues where every player is a stud. Gee, that's fun.

• Like 1

Success in the Fantasy Football Playoffs is like success as a professional baseball hitter. Ty Cobb, owner of the best career batting average .366, did not get a hit in 63.4% of his at bats. So even if you do everything right you only have a 36% chance at winning it all. However, getting in the money is much more predictable.

14 minutes ago, kdko said:

It is the case dude.  The dude didn't get 1freaking target!  He's completely one dimensional and you'd have to be blind and/or delusional not to see it.  Most RB's would be involved in the passing game even if their team is behind.

It's not the case. He had 23 carries. He was the key cog all the way to the last drive. He wasn't useless in this game because they were down because he got around the same amount of carries that he would if they were ahead too. This discussion is not about how he would be more useful if he caught more passes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

It's not the case. He had 23 carries. He was the key cog all the way to the last drive. He wasn't useless in this game because they were down because he got around the same amount of carries that he would if they were ahead too. This discussion is not about how he would be more useful if he caught more passes.

Do you even remember what you responded to?  Someone claiming he was one dimensional.  And he was.  It's okay to be wrong, bro.  Don't need to argue for argument's sake.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, kdko said:

Do you even remember what you responded to?  Someone claiming he was one dimensional.  And he was.  It's okay to be wrong, bro.  Don't need to argue for argument's sake.

I responded to the fact that he wasn't productive because they were trailing. Which isn't the case based off his opportunity.

Edited by Ffguy0087
  • Like 1
48 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

I responded to the fact that he wasn't productive because they were trailing. Which isn't the case based off his opportunity.

You are missing the point. Henry is one dimensional...  no matter what is the game script. 

1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

If owners don't want any volatility in their teams, they should join 6 team leagues where every player is a stud. Gee, that's fun.

I see this go join a 6 team league and I laugh. I haven’t had the reason to but damn I would expect them to be harder then a 12 teamer. You got 2/3 studs at every position. Trying to determine which stud to put in your starting lineup has to be nerve racking, unless we are talking about best ball leagues where you start everybody. 

• Like 1