NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, kdko said:

Because of his size and strength I honestly don't think the workload will hamper him as much as it has other backs in the pass.  I'd probably take him at #3, after Kamara and CMC.  Not sure i'll pull the trigger on Barkley unless they seriously build that team up.

Cook?

The Giants have built up their team a bit. Gallman has put up some good games and he isn't in the same stratosphere as Barkley. Their problem now is that Jones likely isn't the answer but he is just good enough to drag the team into mediocrity for like 5 years. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Barkley - Out for season CMC - Has been out most of the season who knows his status for rest of season Sanders - in and out of the lineup Drake - Huge bust before getting injured M

If Henry got COVID his body would immediately synthesize an antiviral to it. Henry would then exhale it throughout the Western Hemisphere (at minimum), ending the pandemic.   (Alshon's soft tissu

update?

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Cook?

The Giants have built up their team a bit. Gallman has put up some good games and he isn't in the same stratosphere as Barkley. Their problem now is that Jones likely isn't the answer but he is just good enough to drag the team into mediocrity for like 5 years. 

Ooo, good call.  That's going to be a tough choice for whoever is in that #3 spot.  Cook probably does have more value in PPR, but it's hard to ignore Henry's volume.

Since World War II, every player who has led the NFL in rushing for two consecutive years has ended up in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

The players who have led the NFL in rushing in consecutive years since World War II are:

2019-2020: Derrick Henry.

2006-2007: LaDainian Tomlinson.

1999-2000: Edgerrin James.

1996-1997: Barry Sanders.

1991-1993: Emmitt Smith.

1983-1984: Eric Dickerson.

1978-1980: Earl Campbell.

1972-1973, 1975-1976: O.J. Simpson.

1967-68: Leroy Kelly.

1957-1961, 1963-1965: Jim Brown.

1953-1954: Joe Perry.

1947-1949: Steve Van Buren.

Henry is joining an impressive group.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Since World War II, every player who has led the NFL in rushing for two consecutive years has ended up in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

The players who have led the NFL in rushing in consecutive years since World War II are:

Main difference is those guys listed aren't one dimensional and don't have stone hands and can actually catch the ball.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, straightfire118 said:

Main difference is those guys listed aren't one dimensional and don't have stone hands and can actually catch the ball.

Neither is/does Henry, they just don't throw him the ball.

😉

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
4 hours ago, straightfire118 said:

idk Earl Campbell and his career 121 receptions seems pretty one dimensional.

Im sure Henry isn’t the best pass catcher but he looks smooth enough to me. He only has one drop on the year.

Henry 1 drop 19 catches 1:19 

Kamara 6 drops 83 catches 1:13

aaron Jones 4 drops 43 catches 1:10 

miles sanders 4 drops 28 catches 1:7

dobbins 4 drops 18 catches 1:4

swift 4 drops 43 catches 1:10

Maybe the coaches do just need to get him some more dump offs and wheel routes? 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Stonej14 said:

idk Earl Campbell and his career 121 receptions seems pretty one dimensional.

Im sure Henry isn’t the best pass catcher but he looks smooth enough to me. He only has one drop on the year.

Henry 1 drop 19 catches 1:19 

Kamara 6 drops 83 catches 1:13

aaron Jones 4 drops 43 catches 1:10 

miles sanders 4 drops 28 catches 1:7

dobbins 4 drops 18 catches 1:4

swift 4 drops 43 catches 1:10

Maybe the coaches do just need to get him some more dump offs and wheel routes? 

Earl Campbell played in a completely different era.

Right now we're playing in the Alvin Kamara era.

You want a RB who is involved in the passing game, not one who is an afterthought.  The NFL is a passing first league these days.  Look at the top offenses in the NFL.  Chiefs, Packers, Saints.  Alvin Kamara is the model RB in fantasy.  Henry is who he is, and can disappear entirely from a game when behind.

🙂

Henry works hard, that's why he is so successful. Outside of size he realizes that's not enough. I guarantee Brandon Jacobs didn't work as hard as Henry in the off-season. Really that's why Florida produces so many good football players. Florida dudes have good work ethic. I remember visiting my cousin in Florida back in like 07 we were going to a family reunion. I remember seeing kids in the front yards in neighborhoods working on drills and strength and conditioning drills. I remember seeing kids with their dad or older siblings beside buildings in their apartment complex in the grassy area doing drills. This was in June when it was hot. Kids in Ohio and elsewhere train and practice when the season rolls around. Those kids do it year round. Henry's success isn't a fluke.

This is what it looked like as we drove through neighborhoods.

8 hours ago, AlvinKamarasCleats said:

Earl Campbell played in a completely different era.

Right now we're playing in the Alvin Kamara era.

I understand but I was responding to someone saying Henry had stone hands which seems inaccurate since he has less drops than kamara this year.. it could be he is simply not used in the passing game which could be a coaching flaw or maybe he does suck at catching balls.. we don’t truly know. 

8 hours ago, AlvinKamarasCleats said:

You want a RB who is involved in the passing game, not one who is an afterthought.  The NFL is a passing first league these days.  Look at the top offenses in the NFL.  Chiefs, Packers, Saints.  Alvin Kamara is the model RB in fantasy.  Henry is who he is, and can disappear entirely from a game when behind.

I agree and disagree. You want an RB who will score the most fantasy points. So ya the odds are it will be a kamara, saquon, or CMC type and if you have a top 3 pick get those guys but Henry has proved he can outscore a lot of better receiving backs. The main difference in scoring between AK and Henry is TDs. In half PPR they’re 48 points apart but AK has 6 more TDs than Henry.. if they have the same amount of TDs there only 12 points apart even with all those catches for AK.

Maybe next year AK repeats his stats but only gets 13 TDs (which is still awesome) and Henry leads the league in rushing again and gets his 13-15TDs.. odds are good Henry out scores him like he did last year when AK had 81 catches but only 8 TDs. 

in summation I’ll take 2000 yards any day I can get idc how many catches come along with it. 

• Like 2
22 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I'm shocked James is in the HoF.

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

12,000+ career rushing yards and 80 TDs.

3,300+ receiving yards with another 11 TDs.

Crazy to look back at how good Marshall Faulk was. 19k yards from scrimmage in only 12 years. Avg'd 1600/year. And he only started 1 game in his last season. 108 yards per game avg. 

4 year stretch from 98-01 he accumulated 5441 rushing, 3551 receiving for a total 8,992 (2248/year -- 150yds/gm)

Actually insane. For perspective, he has 1400 yds more than Frank Wycheck receiving, and 8 more receiving TD's. 

• Like 1
On 1/2/2021 at 10:18 AM, Stonej14 said:

I understand but I was responding to someone saying Henry had stone hands which seems inaccurate since he has less drops than kamara this year.. it could be he is simply not used in the passing game which could be a coaching flaw or maybe he does suck at catching balls.. we don’t truly know. 

I agree and disagree. You want an RB who will score the most fantasy points. So ya the odds are it will be a kamara, saquon, or CMC type and if you have a top 3 pick get those guys but Henry has proved he can outscore a lot of better receiving backs. The main difference in scoring between AK and Henry is TDs. In half PPR they’re 48 points apart but AK has 6 more TDs than Henry.. if they have the same amount of TDs there only 12 points apart even with all those catches for AK.

Maybe next year AK repeats his stats but only gets 13 TDs (which is still awesome) and Henry leads the league in rushing again and gets his 13-15TDs.. odds are good Henry out scores him like he did last year when AK had 81 catches but only 8 TDs. 

in summation I’ll take 2000 yards any day I can get idc how many catches come along with it. 

Fairly astute analysis.

I don't have the #s but the Titans used Henry as a decoy at the goal line a lot this season. If a lot of those go to Henry next year with Lewan back at LT it would be a big boost to his fantasy numbers.

He is such a good goal line decoy because of how effective he has been.

On 12/29/2020 at 6:02 PM, cashvillesent said:

Total bullshit. You dont know what a game manager is. Tannehill has proven to be a top QB the last two years.

Elite game manager. This team is mostly Henry, AJB etc and their scheme. Carry on.

Edited by CroNY