NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Top 5, yes. Not in the number one overall pick conversation in PPR though (despite arguably being the best RB in the league). 

Agreed.  Right at #5 in PPR behind Kamara, CMC, Cook, and Barkley.  Hurts to have RB who can't, and doesn't catch.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Barkley - Out for season CMC - Has been out most of the season who knows his status for rest of season Sanders - in and out of the lineup Drake - Huge bust before getting injured M

If Henry got COVID his body would immediately synthesize an antiviral to it. Henry would then exhale it throughout the Western Hemisphere (at minimum), ending the pandemic.   (Alshon's soft tissu

update?

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, AlvinKamarasCleats said:

Agreed.  Right at #5 in PPR behind Kamara, CMC, Cook, and Barkley.  Hurts to have RB who can't, and doesn't catch.

Not as bad as a QB dependent RB. Especially when that QB will be 42 next season.

Henry is consistently great, back to back rushing titles proves as much. He was a much better pick than Kamara in 2019 and in 2021 Brees might be retired which would ding Kamaras stock.

Henry is consistently great.

👍

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
12 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Not as bad as a QB dependent RB. Especially when that QB will be 42 next season.

Henry is consistently great, back to back rushing titles proves as much. He was a much better pick than Kamara in 2019 and in 2021 Brees might be retired which would ding Kamaras stock.

👍

👎

3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

That's subjective.

I mean, every opinion is subjective. You could theoretically draft a lot of players number one overall in PPR... but I don't think many will be taking Henry.

51 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

👍

QB dependent?  In weeks 2-6 of 2019 Kamara outscored Henry in every format without Brees at QB.  Yes, Hill's rushing hurt Kamara this year but the idea that he is QB dependent is crazy.  

6 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I mean, every opinion is subjective. You could theoretically draft a lot of players number one overall in PPR... but I don't think many will be taking Henry.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, kevinwayne20 said:

QB dependent?  In weeks 2-6 of 2019 Kamara outscored Henry in every format without Brees at QB.  Yes, Hill's rushing hurt Kamara this year but the idea that he is QB dependent is crazy.  

Kamara didnt get the same checkdown numbers this year without Brees.

If you want to go back to 2019 then Henry was a much better season long option than Kamara.

It's subjective who you want to take in the top 5, they all have a case for #1.

I like guys who are consistently great, season after season.

31 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

If you want to go back to 2019 then Henry was a much better season long option than Kamara.

Of course Henry had a better 2019, Kamara missed multiple games and wasn't the same RB after the injury.  The point remains though.  2019 doesn't support the idea that Kamara is QB dependent.  In the weeks without Brees he was the more productive player in every format. Kamara has been a top 5 RB every healthy year of his career... that's consistency.  Hill getting all the carries inside the 5 would effect any RB.   

Edited by kevinwayne20
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

If you want to go back to Henry's first 2 years he was completely useless.

Kamara's rookie season blew Henry's 3rd season, and first season starting completely out of the water.

Henry's best season has never been better than Kamara's.

And only one of these guys has been consistently great, season after season, since being in the NFL.

👍

11 minutes ago, kevinwayne20 said:

Of course Henry had a better 2019, Kamara missed multiple games and wasn't the same RB after the injury.  The point remains though.  2019 doesn't support the idea that Kamara is QB dependent.  In the weeks without Brees he was the more productive player in every format. Kamara has been a top 5 RB every healthy year of his career... that's consistency.  Hill getting all the carries inside the 5 would effect any RB.   

2020 does.

7 minutes ago, AlvinKamarasCleats said:

If you want to go back to Henry's first 2 years he was completely useless.

Kamara's rookie season blew Henry's 3rd season, and first season starting completely out of the water.

Henry's best season has never been better than Kamara's.

And only one of these guys has been consistently great, season after season, since being in the NFL.

👍

I'll stick with the rushing champion who isn't QB dependent and misses very few games.

💪

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

2020 does.

2020 shows that Kamara's production is effected with Hill at QB.  The same Hill that got close to 5 dozen rushing attempts in the redzone this year.  Kamara was better in every format in 2019 with Teddy Bridgewater throwing the ball.  He's not QB dependent.  Don't know about your league's but Kamara has outscored Henry every single healthy year of his career.  I love and would love to own either guy.  If I was picking between the two in my favorite format Kamara is the choice for me given. the ocean size difference between the two as receivers.  

10 hours ago, kevinwayne20 said:

2020 shows that Kamara's production is effected with Hill at QB.  The same Hill that got close to 5 dozen rushing attempts in the redzone this year.  Kamara was better in every format in 2019 with Teddy Bridgewater throwing the ball.  He's not QB dependent.  Don't know about your league's but Kamara has outscored Henry every single healthy year of his career.  I love and would love to own either guy.  If I was picking between the two in my favorite format Kamara is the choice for me given. the ocean size difference between the two as receivers.  

Bridgewater is in carolina.

Kamara numbers were much better with Brees than without this year.

23 hours ago, AlvinKamarasCleats said:

How was Kamara vs Henry 2018?

😉

Kamara has done far better in fantasy since being in the league.  He's a dual threat, and far more dynamic, while Henry's usage is predictable, and downright awful in negative game script.  Henry will probably be drafted after Kamara (and rightfully so), so good luck to you.

👍

well since Derrick Henry has only been utilized as a bell cow for 2 full seasons it’s only fair to compare those two seasons imo. It’s not Henry’s fault he had inept coaches while kamara gets Sean Payton from go. 

Going back to a year Henry was being used as a time share with dion Lewis isn’t fair to judge on how he will be used next year cuss it’s likely not gonna be a time share.

however once they did start using him as a bell cow back in 2018 he outscored Alvin kamara by a large amount. Catching only a handful of balls in that span.

If brees retires I wouldn’t take kamara in front of Henry. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

well since Derrick Henry has only been utilized as a bell cow for 2 full seasons it’s only fair to compare those two seasons imo. It’s not Henry’s fault he had inept coaches while kamara gets Sean Payton from go. 

Are you forgetting that Kamara started #3 on the depth chart his rookie season behind Mark Ingram and Adrian Peterson?  The cream rises to the top though.  Sadly Henry wasn't a quick learner and adapted to the NFL game speed slowly.  Not the coaches fault, or Kamara's when used in an argument.

5 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

however once they did start using him as a bell cow back in 2018 he outscored Alvin kamara by a large amount. Catching only a handful of balls in that span.

Can you enlighten us on where you got those made up numbers from?

From 2018-2020 Kamara has scored 960.8 points in PPR (weeks 1-16), and Henry has scored 743.3.

I honestly have no idea how you botched that so badly, but we all make mistakes.

🤷‍♂️

The difference between the two is night and day.  Kamara is clearly ahead of Henry by almost a full season.  I even omitted 2017 where he outscored Henry by 174 points.

6 hours ago, AlvinKamarasCleats said:

Are you forgetting that Kamara started #3 on the depth chart his rookie season behind Mark Ingram and Adrian Peterson?  The cream rises to the top though.  Sadly Henry wasn't a quick learner and adapted to the NFL game speed slowly.  Not the coaches fault, or Kamara's when used in an argument.

🤷‍♂️

or Sean Payton is a good coach and quickly realized Adrian Peterson isn’t gonna workout and traded him away. Then Sean Payton properly utilized kamara from the beginning.

Inept coaches are everywhere I mean no one is going out and begging to hire mike mularkey as a head coach again. Probably cuss he was so inept he couldnt see he had a Derrick Henry talent infront of him and he kept using demarco Murray 

6 hours ago, AlvinKamarasCleats said:

Can you enlighten us on where you got those made up numbers from?

From 2018-2020 Kamara has scored 960.8 points in PPR (weeks 1-16), and Henry has scored 743.3.

I honestly have no idea how you botched that so badly, but we all make mistakes.

🤷‍♂️

The difference between the two is night and day.  Kamara is clearly ahead of Henry by almost a full season.  I even omitted 2017 where he outscored Henry by 174 points.

Because I said “when they did start utilizing him as a bell cow back in 2018”... I was only talking about 2018 not years 2018-2020

they did not start using him as a bell cow in 2018 until week 13 When he torched the jags. And from week 13 on out he was the RB 1 in half PPR and almost doubled kamara in points. Yes even out scoring CMC.

I was only talking about the precise year of 2018. But if you start at week 13 of 2018 to present day in half PPR Henry has outscored kamara 723 to 612. And I’m not trying to arbitrarily pick a time to start counting stats to make Henry seem better. I’m just starting when the titans began to utilize him as a bell cow. And over that same span in half ppr he’s outscored kamara by a good amount. Kamara has missed 3 games in that span and Henry has missed 1. So other factors add up obviously but some say availability is still an ability. 

So I didn’t make any mistakes your just kinda being overzealous. We’re having a conversation no need to insult you anyone. 

✌️👍

• Thanks 1

Henry seems like a pretty reasonable top 3 pick next year. He doesn't get the catches that a CMC or Dalvin get but Tannehill has looked great and Henry's just a monster.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

they did not start using him as a bell cow in 2018 until week 13 When he torched the jags. And from week 13 on out he was the RB 1 in half PPR and almost doubled kamara in points. Yes even out scoring CMC

When you have to use 1/2 PPR to try and prove your point.

🤦‍♂️

It's also convenient to start at week 13, even though he had more carries in week 2 and 3 of that year, but i'll play along anyway.  Let's stick to full PPR, which is the most played fantasy format.  Even going by your week 13 onward from 2018 it's 687.3 for Kamara, and 660.3 Henry.

👍

Always better luck next year for Henry owners.  In PPR, it would be foolish to not take Kamara over Henry, especially so if Brees is back.  As someone else pointed out, Kamara was still scoring more points than Henry with Hill in.

🙂