NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, AlvinKamarasCleats said:

🤦‍♂️

👍

Kamara was still scoring more points than Henry with Hill in.

🙂

Taysom Hill started at QB weeks 11-14

Kamara week 11 - 13 for 45, 1 TD, 0 receptions

Henry week 11 - 28 for 133, 1 TD, 1 reception

Kamara week 12 - 11 for 54, 0 TDs, 1 reception

Henry week 12 - 27 for 178, 3 TDs, 2 receptions

Kamara week 13 - 15 for 88, 1 TD, 2 receptions

Henry week 13 - 15 for 60, 1 reception

Kamara week 14 - 11 for 54, 3 receptions

Henry week 14 - 26 for 215, 2 TDs, 2 receptions.

Kamara 241 rushing yards, 6 receptions, 2 TDs

Henry in the same time span:

596 rushing yards, 6 TDs, 6 receptions.

I just came to drop off some facts.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Alvin Kamara and his cleats better hope and pray drew brees comes back for another season or Henry might have more receptions than him next season.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🐘🤣😂

👑

6a754960-c6f5-11ea-b7ef-63bc265d78f0.jpg

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Barkley - Out for season CMC - Has been out most of the season who knows his status for rest of season Sanders - in and out of the lineup Drake - Huge bust before getting injured M

If Henry got COVID his body would immediately synthesize an antiviral to it. Henry would then exhale it throughout the Western Hemisphere (at minimum), ending the pandemic.   (Alshon's soft tissu

update?

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, AlvinKamarasCleats said:

What about how Kamara has scored hundreds of points more than Henry since coming into the league, and more since the time that 'Henry was become a starter'?

🤣😂 🤣😂 🤣😂 🤣😂 🤣😂 🤣😂

Shape the narrative however you like.

Kamara has played for a HOF coach since his rookie season and your stats just got proven blatantly false.

It's not suprising to see you backpedaling so quickly after being proven wrong. 😂

If Brees retires I might draft Kamara in the 3rd or 4th round.

Posted (edited)

Offensive player of the year: Derrick Henry

Henry beat out Packers receiver Davante Adams, Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce and Saints running back Alvin Kamara for the award.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, AlvinKamarasCleats said:

What about how Kamara has scored hundreds of points more than Henry since coming into the league, and more since the time that 'Henry was become a starter'?

🤣😂 🤣😂 🤣😂 🤣😂 🤣😂 🤣😂

Kamara total fantasy points (ppr) 2017-2020  .... 1294.9 

Henry total points 2017-2020 .... 964.1 

Kamara has outscored Henry 330.1 

That is just about one whole season ... 

Kamara is a fantasy STAR  

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, AlvinKamarasCleats said:

When you have to use 1/2 PPR to try and prove your point.

🤦‍♂️

Sorry it was my understanding that most serious leagues used half point per reception. Either way Derrick Henry outscored Alvin in 2 of the 3 scoring formats you argument that Alvin is better lies only in one format and he just barely succeeded in that. 

4 hours ago, AlvinKamarasCleats said:

It's also convenient to start at week 13, even though he had more carries in week 2 and 3 of that year, but i'll play along anyway.  Let's stick to full PPR, which is the most played fantasy format.  Even going by your week 13 onward from 2018 it's 687.3 for Kamara, and 660.3 Henry.

As I explained earlier I picked week 13 becuase that’s when Henry was started to be used as a bell cow and has been ever since I didn’t arbitrarily pick that week to make Henry look better than kamara. Idk if you didn’t read that or if your willfully being ignorant 🤷‍♂️

I find it convenient that you are also leaving of week 17 stats. I kno most leagues don’t play till then but the games are still being played and we should look at a whole seasons worth of data not just 16 cuss that’s what your fantasy season was. Henry’s 250 yard performance week 17 could easily be week 3 next year. But if you wanna skew data to make Alvin look better go for it. 

👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Kamara total fantasy points (ppr) 2017-2020  .... 1294.9 

Henry total points 2017-2020 .... 964.1 

Kamara has outscored Henry 330.1 

That is just about one whole season ... 

Kamara is a fantasy STAR  

It's nice to play under a HOF coach your whole career.

Henry is a fantasy SUPERSTAR

Kamara without Brees is more like a fading comet 

3 hours ago, AlvinKamarasCleats said:

🤣😂 🤣😂 🤣😂 🤣😂 🤣😂 🤣😂

what good does all that do ya when we’re looking to next year? Not like Alvin can bring all those 2017 stats with him to 2021? And I’ve already pointed out that Henry has outscored kamara since becoming the starter in week 13 of 2018. Kamara doesn’t outscore him until you take away week 17s for some reason and make it full PPR scoring. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

It's nice to play under a HOF coach your whole career.

Henry is a fantasy SUPERSTAR

Kamara without Brees is more like a fading comet 

Stop with your excuses...You are better than that. Both Kamara & Henry play a dangerous game one play away from destroying there careers . 

Alvin has been the better fantasy player ... Numbers don’t lie. 

4 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

what good does all that do ya when we’re looking to next year? Not like Alvin can bring all those 2017 stats with him to 2021? And I’ve already pointed out that Henry has outscored kamara since becoming the starter in week 13 of 2018. Kamara doesn’t outscore him until you take away week 17s for some reason and make it full PPR scoring. 

You cannot move the goalposts to suit your needs. The numbers don’t lie in Kamara’s  four years he has been the better fantasy player. 

26 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

You cannot move the goalposts to suit your needs. The numbers don’t lie in Kamara’s  four years he has been the better fantasy player. 

I was never arguing that and if you read past posts you’d see that I specifically picked that week because it’s when her y became a bell cow. I said since Henry has been used as a bell cow he had been as productive as kamara. I don’t think it’s fair to compare Henry’s first years as he was being used and a back up and in a time share with dion Lewis. Since we are trying to project to 2021 it we would assume Henry to be used as a bell cow again and not a time share. So when comparing Alvin to Henry and who to draft we should only look at times when they are utilized in the past as they will be in the future. For Alvin that is 4 years for Henry it’s 2 years and like 5 weeks.

inept coaching plagues a lot of players. Mostert got cut from several teams before he became a stud with the 49ers. Aaron Jones was barely used with McCarthy. Now he’s a stud. Similar situation with Henry. 

But If we just look at when the to titans started to use him as a bell cow he’s been as elite as anyone in the league. 

Edited by Stonej14
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

I was never arguing that and if you read past posts you’d see that I specifically picked that week because it’s when her y became a bell cow. I said since Henry has been used as a bell cow he had been as productive as kamara. I don’t think it’s fair to compare Henry’s first years as he was being used and a back up and in a time share with dion Lewis. Since we are trying to project to 2021 it we would assume Henry to be used as a bell cow again and not a time share. So when comparing Alvin to Henry and who to draft we should only look at times when they are utilized in the past as they will be in the future. For Alvin that is 4 years for Henry it’s 2 years and like 5 weeks.

inept coaching plagues a lot of players. Mostert got cut from several teams before he became a stud with the 49ers. Aaron Jones was barely used with McCarthy. Now he’s a stud. Similar situation with Henry. 

But If we just look at when the to titans started to use him as a bell cow he’s been as elite as anyone in the league. 

Underrated Post. 

21 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

I came into this thread to spread joy... why can’t you both agree both are great fantasy producers and should be drafted in the top 3. Personally, I will take Kamara over Henry... every draft I participate in. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I came into this thread to spread joy... why can’t you both agree both are great fantasy producers and should be drafted in the top 3. Personally, I will take Kamara over Henry... every draft I participate in. 

lol sorry bud I’m not trying to spread hate or anything. Just laying out some facts and stats and info for ppl to take into consideration for 2021.

I definitely agree they’re both awesome just some ppl think AK is in another stratosphere compared to Henry and it’s just not that accurate even in PPR it’s closer than ppl like to imagine. But this year for kamara was truly impressive I’d imagine 21 TDs comes down a little next season lol. 

• Like 1

A lot of the Kamara vs Henry debate comes down to coaches imo. Vrabel = not cute. Payton = essence of cute. I take Henry All day over Kamara for this reason. Henry is the literal heartbeat of his team. The Saints have an alarmingly irregular heartbeat- thanks to the "mad scientist" Payton constantly implementing his madcap plan that does not include Kamara often enough for my taste.

• Like 1
On 1/7/2021 at 7:01 PM, SuperJoint said:

I take Henry All day over Kamara for this reason. 

That's how you lose championships.

🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
Just now, SuperJoint said:

Yes I've heard this before...

It's just going to be so hard to pass up on Kamara in PPR if Brees is back.. I understand that Henry is the heartbeat of his team, but Kamara is getting 100 targets and can't be phased out.

7 hours ago, kdko said:

It's just going to be so hard to pass up on Kamara in PPR if Brees is back.. I understand that Henry is the heartbeat of his team, but Kamara is getting 100 targets and can't be phased out.

He was phased out pretty good with Taysom Hill at QB. He better pray his HOF QB comes back so he can maintain his value.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, straightfire118 said:

Henry is good but he ain't no Alvin Kamara. Career year for Henry and Kamara still dusted Henry by 44 fantasy points, and even sat out week 17.

A 6 TD game certainly helped him.

2021 will be a new year and I'd think Kamara is due to regress some from that 21 TD number, that number could drop into the lower teens if Brees retires. 

He had a good 2020 thanks to Brees dump offs but his fantasy value being so high is tied to Brees and those dump offs. Weeks 11-14 when Taysom Hill was the starting QB, Derrick Henry almost tripled his rushing and TD production and had the same amount of receptions 👀

25 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He was phased out pretty good with Taysom Hill at QB. He better pray his HOF QB comes back so he can maintain his value.

Thank god you have this to fall back on.... ain’t that the truth? Drew Brees getting hurt gave you some selling points to fall back upon. 

It’s Kamara all day .. just look at total fantasy points the last four years

Kamara >>>> Henry 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Thank god you have this to fall back on.... ain’t that the truth? Drew Brees getting hurt gave you some selling points to fall back upon. 

It’s Kamara all day .. just look at total fantasy points the last four years

Kamara >>>> Henry 

You don't want to disregard the facts do you?

They both have appeal to their games but if Kamara's production falls off a cliff with a QB not named Drew Brees then that is worth taking note of since Drew would be 42 years old next season. Combine that with how unlikely it is for Kamara to repeat 21 TDs then it's easy to see how he could regress to the mean next year and maybe worse if Brees is not the QB and even worse than that if Taysom Hill ends up starting for NO.

• Like 1