NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

16 minutes ago, trilly said:

Every player has down games, Barry put up -1 on 13 carries against GB after he put up nearly 1,900 yards that year.

Hell of a season and he's one of the most fun players to watch (as is Kamara).

Down games Week 13, 16 & 17. ... THREE OUT OF LAST FIVE BAD ...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Barkley - Out for season CMC - Has been out most of the season who knows his status for rest of season Sanders - in and out of the lineup Drake - Huge bust before getting injured M

If Henry got COVID his body would immediately synthesize an antiviral to it. Henry would then exhale it throughout the Western Hemisphere (at minimum), ending the pandemic.   (Alshon's soft tissu

update?

Posted Images

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Down games Week 13, 16 & 17. ... THREE OUT OF LAST FIVE BAD ...

Henry had 250 and 2 TDs in week 17. Unless you're in some bizarro league that punishes awesome performances, that would be the opposite of bad.

10 minutes ago, trilly said:

Henry had 250 and 2 TDs in week 17. Unless you're in some bizarro league that punishes awesome performances, that would be the opposite of bad.

Oops I meet week 18 first week of the playoffs..when Tennessee needed him most he failed 

7 hours ago, AlvinKamarasCleats said:

People said that coming into this year.  And guess what?  He scored more points.  Most people don't play 17 week playoffs, and most people play PPR.  Your 'since week 13 of 2018' line is absolutely hilarious.  Like I I said, he had more carries week 3 of that year but that doesn't fit your narrative which you like to move the goalposts for.

👍

Yea most ppl may play full PPR format but the combination of standard format and half PPR formats is more that just Full PPR. So since week 13 of 2018 Henry has been more useful in a majority of leagues than kamara.

yes I stated that already that most ppl don’t play week 17 but we must still collect all our data and use it to analyze. Do you think all the professional fantasy players just throw out week 17s in theyre data? Ya think Matt berry or the footballers or rotoballers or whomever ya fallow just ignore week 17 data? 

and I’m not moving goal posts for to make Henry look better by starting at week 13 of 2018. As I’ve said before but you fail to understand is it’s just when he became the bell cow which is how he’s used now. Prior to that he was used in a time share. it’s not wise to predict his 2021 stats based on a time share usage because he won’t be used in a time share. And Since that point.. to now.. in 2 of the 3 main scoring formats.. and a majority of total leagues.. he has outscored kamara by a healthy amount and only played 2 more games. 

if you can’t understand this then there is no helping you. But I pray for your physical as well as your mental health 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

Yea most ppl may play full PPR format but the combination of standard format and half PPR formats is more that just Full PPR. So since week 13 of 2018 Henry has been more useful in a majority of leagues than kamara.

yes I stated that already that most ppl don’t play week 17 but we must still collect all our data and use it to analyze. Do you think all the professional fantasy players just throw out week 17s in theyre data? Ya think Matt berry or the footballers or rotoballers or whomever ya fallow just ignore week 17 data? 

and I’m not moving goal posts for to make Henry look better by starting at week 13 of 2018. As I’ve said before but you fail to understand is it’s just when he became the bell cow which is how he’s used now. Prior to that he was used in a time share. it’s not wise to predict his 2021 stats based on a time share usage because he won’t be used in a time share. And Since that point.. to now.. in 2 of the 3 main scoring formats.. and a majority of total leagues.. he has outscored kamara by a healthy amount and only played 2 more games. 

if you can’t understand this then there is no helping you. But I pray for your physical as well as your mental health 

It's hard for me to take your argument seriously when you can't even form a coherent sentence or thought.

We argued who performed better in the fantasy season (week 1-16), and it was clearly Kamara. 

If we're taking everything into account, we should more emphasis on how terrible Derrick Henry was against 90% of the good teams he faced this year, instead of the bloated numbers he put up against bad competition.  The Titans had an incredible easy schedule. 

Here are his numbers vs 'good' teams:

Bills: 57 yard

Bears: 68 yards

Steelers: 75 yards

Browns: 60 yards

Packers: 98 yards 

Ravens: 40 yards

Pretty embarrassing stats.  He had only 2 good outings against good competition and that was week 11 & 12 vs the Ravens and Colts.  Ravens made him look like the one dimensional player he is this week.

Depending on the SoS of the Titans next year he could fall flat on his face, whereas Kamara has value no matter the situation.  Henry is largely an illusion.

🙂

5 hours ago, AlvinKamarasCleats said:

It's hard for me to take your argument seriously when you can't even form a coherent sentence or thought.

We argued who performed better in the fantasy season (week 1-16), and it was clearly Kamara. 

I have never made this argument. 

5 hours ago, AlvinKamarasCleats said:

If we're taking everything into account, we should more emphasis on how terrible Derrick Henry was against 90% of the good teams he faced this year, instead of the bloated numbers he put up against bad competition.  The Titans had an incredible easy schedule. 

Here are his numbers vs 'good' teams:

Bills: 57 yard

Bears: 68 yards

Steelers: 75 yards

Browns: 60 yards

Packers: 98 yards 

Ravens: 40 yards

Pretty embarrassing stats.  He had only 2 good outings against good competition and that was week 11 & 12 vs the Ravens and Colts.  Ravens made him look like the one dimensional player he is this week.

Depending on the SoS of the Titans next year he could fall flat on his face, whereas Kamara has value no matter the situation.  Henry is largely an illusion.

🙂

This is. A poor argument. Henry has thrashed several great defenses but Ppl have bad games kamara has had a few too some against not very good teams.

tampa - 66 yards

Tampa - 49 yards

Atlanta - 45 yards

denver - 52 yards

Atlanta - 97 yards

It happens to everyone even the great Alvin kamara has bad games maybe next year he doesn’t have 21 TDs to help bail him out? 

• Like 1
On 1/11/2021 at 12:30 PM, AlvinKamarasCleats said:

It's hard for me to take your argument seriously with that username.

• Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Why though? 

The three finalists were DHenry, ARodgers, and TKelce. I don’t know how they chose. My guess is that since ARodgers got MVP it came down to DHenry and TKelce. And they chose Henry. DHenry got over 2000 yds rushing and 17 tds.

Was reading an article that provided stats to prove how great Barry Sanders was and oddly enough it reminded me a whole lot of Derrick Henry. 

career games with 150 or more rising yards

Sanders: 25

Henry: 11 (in 3 seasons and 2 games with 147) 

career 50+ yard TDs 

sanders: 15

Adrian Peterson: 16

henry: 10

• Like 1