NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeVante Parker 2020 Outlook

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you're not starting him when he's healthy and in a primetime matchup between two bad defensive teams then when would you even start him? Guys are talking about a rookie cornerback? Really? Pretty m

Remember that Simpsons where Lisa rolls Homer's BBQ roast pig down the street?   Here's me as a Parker owner this season Its just a little groin pull, he's still good, he's still good! It

Are we still asking this question every week?? WHY???

Posted Images

Lost Sutton for the year so Parker is my new wr2. Starting him over Fuller tonight. Think (hope?) Parker has a safer floor, and has shown that he can ball out against good coverage. Not listed on the injury report, Fitz has shown that he likes to throw to him. feel pretty good about the process and decision to throw him in the lineup tonight. 

Edited by wtb88
13 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

If you're not starting him when he's healthy and in a primetime matchup between two bad defensive teams then when would you even start him? Guys are talking about a rookie cornerback? Really? Pretty much every team in the league has at least one decent cornerback, this sounds like classic over thinking to me. The kid has 'shut down' who - a washed up TY and Corey Davis? Devante was WR7 last season, you don't bench WR1s because they're against a rookie cornerback in his third game ever. I'm rolling out Parker tonight and feel great about it personally.

I think ultimately it comes down to what your other options are. I think you're right, Henderson has played well but the competition hasn't been the best indicator or litmus test to truly say if he's a shutdown corner. Parker has definitely burned his fair share of actual top corners already anyway.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, stay_woke said:

If you're not starting him when he's healthy and in a primetime matchup between two bad defensive teams then when would you even start him? Guys are talking about a rookie cornerback? Really? Pretty much every team in the league has at least one decent cornerback, this sounds like classic over thinking to me. The kid has 'shut down' who - a washed up TY and Corey Davis? Devante was WR7 last season, you don't bench WR1s because they're against a rookie cornerback in his third game ever. I'm rolling out Parker tonight and feel great about it personally.

Great post bro. Love your confidence, Reading that was almost like getting a pep talk. OK, I'm in! 100%!

Let's do this!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like Parker as much as anyone... have drafted him every year since he entered the league and he finally paid off last year... However, Thursday night games have historically favored RBs to go off due to short turnaround time from Sunday. This is the game Parker will flop, Preston Williams is the one to play tonight as more than likely, he’s the one that will have the decent game. Benching Parker for D-Jax - You heard it here first 

50 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

I like Parker as much as anyone... have drafted him every year since he entered the league and he finally paid off last year... However, Thursday night games have historically favored RBs to go off due to short turnaround time from Sunday. This is the game Parker will flop, Preston Williams is the one to play tonight as more than likely, he’s the one that will have the decent game. Benching Parker for D-Jax - You heard it here first 

Just curious, but if you're saying RBs are better plays on Thursdays, why are you advocating for another WR in Preston Williams over Parker? Not saying you're wrong, it just seems like mutually exclusive thoughts there

11 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Just curious, but if you're saying RBs are better plays on Thursdays, why are you advocating for another WR in Preston Williams over Parker? Not saying you're wrong, it just seems like mutually exclusive thoughts there

I don't know if that RB data is even real or just an offhanded comment that can't be verified without lots of work.  The way the NFL is, if they know teams are running more on Thursday games in general, then it's likely they'd put more energy into stopping it.  Trends change in the NFL.

Start Parker with confidence.  You may be right, you may be wrong...but there's a better chance you're right playing Parker than someone like Preston Williams or Desean Jackson that's for sure.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

None of this makes any sense lol 

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

I was just saying since this is the Parker thread, he’s not the one to play tonight. RBs are usually the stars of Thursday night games

29 minutes ago, Illusion_J said:

I don't know if that RB data is even real or just an offhanded comment that can't be verified without lots of work.  The way the NFL is, if they know teams are running more on Thursday games in general, then it's likely they'd put more energy into stopping it.  Trends change in the NFL.

Start Parker with confidence.  You may be right, you may be wrong...but there's a better chance you're right playing Parker than someone like Preston Williams or Desean Jackson that's for sure.

I was just trying to say since this is the Parker thread, he’s not the one you want to use tonight. As with RBs for Thursdays, let’s take just this year. Week 1 was CEH as the star, week 2 was a combo of Chubb and Hunt. Guess we’ll see what happens tonight. If I’m wrong I’ll take the L 

17 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

I was just trying to say since this is the Parker thread, he’s not the one you want to use tonight. As with RBs for Thursdays, let’s take just this year. Week 1 was CEH as the star, week 2 was a combo of Chubb and Hunt. Guess we’ll see what happens tonight. If I’m wrong I’ll take the L 

You could totally end up being right.  That's the crazy thing about fantasy that makes it so exciting or frustrating, you can prepare as best you can and still be wrong and you can pick guys out of a hat and be right.  There are just so many ways things can go right or wrong.  It's not the result of one lineup decision that makes someone right or wrong, it's the process you take so you're right more times than not.

Honestly I just don't know of any historical data that says RBs are better Thursday night.  You mention short turn around but then use CEH as an example, well that was the first game of the season, the longest turn around.  Using this year is too small a sample size and Chubb and Hunt vs the Bengals defense has nothing to do with Parker against the Jags defense.  Not too mention Mixon stunk, so that's like 50/50 I guess.  There's nothing really fundamental to pull from there.  

If you've got a hunch, go ahead and play it.  I'm just not a fan of making a statement like "RBs are better on Thursday" with no statistical back up or sound reasoning.  Although to be fair...everyone is guilty of that from time to time.

Edited by Illusion_J
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

Harry Potter says to bench parker in favor of a WR averaging 1 catch per game?

• Haha 7
41 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

T. Hill Thursday game, 45 yards and a TD

Obj Thursday game, 70+ yards and a TD

WRs seem to be doing fine this year on Thursday nights.

38 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Harry Potter says to bench parker in favor of a WR averaging 1 catch per game?

We meet again cleats. It seems like we always have the same players although I hate your takes often.

Just cause you praise these players too much sometimes. But I'm with you on this one.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

We meet again cleats. It seems like we always have the same players although I hate your takes often.

Just cause you praise these players too much sometimes. But I'm with you on this one.

I don't remember seasonal posters so forgive me for not recognizing you.

I post my opinion, take it or leave it, same as all the other opinions posted here.

🍻

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

T. Hill Thursday game, 45 yards and a TD

Obj Thursday game, 70+ yards and a TD

WRs seem to be doing fine this year on Thursday nights.

I never said WR didn’t do well on Thursdays... the point was that Thursdays are better for RBs... in your example, those WRs are from the winning teams... their respective RBs were better... but since this is Parker’s thread, was just saying he is not the WR to play tonight and stating for others to look elsewhere. In my example it’s djax since he’s my alternative. We’ll have to wait and see 😃

Edited by HarryPotter
4 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

I never said WR didn’t do well on Thursdays... the point was that Thursdays are better for RBs... since this is Parker’s thread, was just saying he is not the WR to play tonight and stating for others to look elsewhere. In my example it’s djax since he’s my alternative. We’ll have to wait and see 😃

Just confused, you said to bench parker and play preston williams but you are not playing either and will instead play desean jackson and in the same breath say WRs don't do great on Thursday night.

I'm officially reporting you to the department of redundancy department.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I could see this being a high scoring game.  Both offenses are competent.  Both defenses have some issues.  But it's Thursday night, so probably 15-12, all FGs, because reasons.

Or it really could be a shootout and be very high scoring.    Both teams put up big numbers last week against better defenses.