Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeVante Parker 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you're not starting him when he's healthy and in a primetime matchup between two bad defensive teams then when would you even start him? Guys are talking about a rookie cornerback? Really? Pretty m

Remember that Simpsons where Lisa rolls Homer's BBQ roast pig down the street?   Here's me as a Parker owner this season Its just a little groin pull, he's still good, he's still good! It

Are we still asking this question every week?? WHY???

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Islanderman said:

Its frustrating that this guy seems to get the worst matchups.  Ramsey, who actually left the game early, now Peterson.  Game script is also killing his value.  Season started out with a lot of promise but you can't play him right now.

true their defense being dominant all of a sudden is  going to create negative gamescripts.  If team's can force them into shoot outs we might see Tua use Parker and WIlliams.  until then he's gonna be very a volatile WR3 not an upside WR2 like we hoped.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nn4mz said:

Worried, but games script was a factor.

Still, losing confidence due to what I saw yesterday.  A lot of dump offs to RBs.

It was his first start and he had Aaron Donald in his face all game. He was screwed from jump. I like the fact that he looked for Parker in his only red zone attempt. The defense is a concern. I'd be happier if they were horrible and Tua was forced to throw. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Most say to bench him this week due to the match-up and Tua's showing in his first game.

What are you all doing?

 

I'm crossing my fingers that Parker becomes Tua's go to guy...

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Most say to bench him this week due to the match-up and Tua's showing in his first game.

What are you all doing?

 

Benching if possible. Like you said, the matchup is tough and I want to see more out of Tua before I confidently play him. I think Peterson shadows and there's nobody else on the Dolphins that would pull him from Parker.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Most say to bench him this week due to the match-up and Tua's showing in his first game.

What are you all doing?

Risky start. I love Parker, but until we see more from Tua he is not a good play unless you don't really have good receivers ahead of him. Floor is really low right now. It is definitely promising he was the first redzone target, but we need to see this offense throw more for Parker to become a fantasy asset again. Maybe they will with Gaskin out and a more competitive opponent like Arizona. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

[...]

Big week coming for Parker. Tua is going to feel most comfortable throwing to him, so he’ll feed him.

I think Arizona will put up points, so Miami will be forced to throw the ball!

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tpat30 said:

[...]

Big week coming for Parker. Tua is going to feel most comfortable throwing to him, so he’ll feed him.

I think Arizona will put up points, so Miami will be forced to throw the ball!

Won't Peterson be on him? If so that seems like a big problem.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

Won't Peterson be on him? If so that seems like a big problem.

 

Here are some notable top WR performances against Arizona

Week 2:  Scary Terry put up 22

Week 5:  Jamison Crowder put up 21.6

Week 7:  Tyler Lockett put up 45.55

 

Arizona is coming off of their bye week.  I'm not exactly sure if that helps them or not here.  Very little tape on Tua.  Could their tackling be bad to open the game?  The Dolphins are one of the teams trending upwards the hardest right now.  I dropped The Colts defense to roster The Dolphins Defense.  In both of my leagues waivers were used to scoop up The Colts FWIW.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

 

Here are some notable top WR performances against Arizona

Week 2:  Scary Terry put up 22

Week 5:  Jamison Crowder put up 21.6

Week 7:  Tyler Lockett put up 45.55

 

Arizona is coming off of their bye week.  I'm not exactly sure if that helps them or not here.  Very little tape on Tua.  Could their tackling be bad to open the game?  The Dolphins are one of the teams trending upwards the hardest right now.  I dropped The Colts defense to roster The Dolphins Defense.  In both of my leagues waivers were used to scoop up The Colts FWIW.

Peterson covered Metcalf in the Seattle game and held him to like 2 catches.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is 2020.  The year we are benching people with terrible matchups and they go nuts, and starting people against creampuff D's and they go pfffft.

I doubt Tua will forget the catch Parker made (falling backwards after a hard hit) for Tua's first career TD pass.  

I am hoping Tua watched Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams do their thing last night.  That is what an ace QB and his no. 1 wideout can do to opponents when they are clicking 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

This is 2020.  The year we are benching people with terrible matchups and they go nuts, and starting people against creampuff D's and they go pfffft.

I doubt Tua will forget the catch Parker made (falling backwards after a hard hit) for Tua's first career TD pass.  

I am hoping Tua watched Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams do their thing last night.  That is what an ace QB and his no. 1 wideout can do to opponents when they are clicking 

The wishful thinking oozing from your post is palpable my guy. You barely clinging on to a playoff spot or what? Parker is a great player, but he's definitely not living up to his potential so far this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gootz said:

The wishful thinking oozing from your post is palpable my guy. You barely clinging on to a playoff spot or what? Parker is a great player, but he's definitely not living up to his potential so far this season.

Yeah I tend to agree. I honestly wouldn't be hanging on, but I own him in 16 teamers and my WRs have been crushed this year. He is obv a baller, and theoretically could be a target monster yet, but I watched that game last week and could not be less impressed with Tua as a passer...I don't overreact off of one game, but have to be a realist too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Boy that 2019 season is sure sticking out like a sore thumb when you look at his career stats. The career of Devante Parker and the frustrations he has given fantasy owners 5 of his 6 seasons is interesting.

Just one of those situations where you took a guy to be a WR2 with potential to be a WR1 (which he was last year) and now you have a low end WR3. Just happens some years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...