NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeVante Parker 2020 Outlook

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you're not starting him when he's healthy and in a primetime matchup between two bad defensive teams then when would you even start him? Guys are talking about a rookie cornerback? Really? Pretty m

Remember that Simpsons where Lisa rolls Homer's BBQ roast pig down the street?   Here's me as a Parker owner this season Its just a little groin pull, he's still good, he's still good! It

Are we still asking this question every week?? WHY???

Posted Images

Is Miami going to try and run all game and lean on the D?  I love Fitz and we all know he is an upgrade for Parker over Tua.  The team made a drastic gameplan change when he took over.

Are we optimistic they go back to the more aggressive playcalling, or do they try to grind it out with whatever RB is left on the roster and play ball control?

Edited by Sternes
9 minutes ago, BigNicc said:

Fitz absolutely PEPPERED him with targets, a score thrown in there would've been for wr1 material for the week but hey, that was nice (until Tua's back next week)

With Tua's return, goodbye Devante..

2 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

The opposite is being reported, looks like Tua is trending towards playing.  Sucks.  This dude is killing Parkers value.

A update on Tua’s injured thumb, with an encouraging sign for his Week 13 availability

At least it's an easy matchup in terms of pass defense and Parker established himself as the Dolphins' stud on offense again. There was an article before the Jets game where Tua talked about the importance of his connection with Devante. It'll certainly be something they'll continue to work on. Tua did connect with Devante a few times. He just needs to throw the ball further down the field.

If you're the Dolphins and you've only made the playoffs twice since 2002 (2008 & 2016), you certainly have to think they'll switch back to Fitzpatrick if Tua struggles to really get things going. Cincinnati is likely a winnable game with Tua at the helm next Sunday, but KC, NE, LV, and BUF are all tough matchups.

• Miami Herald's Adam Beasley reports there's "a degree of optimism internally" that Tua Tagovailoa (thumb) will play Week 13 against the Bengals.

Tagovailoa missed Week 12 against the Jets with a thumb injury, but Dolphins coach Brian Flores said afterwards that Tagovailoa was "very close" to playing and that they'll see how he does in practice this week. Practice reports will begin starting on Wednesday and a full participation would mean Ryan Fitzpatrick would slide back to the bench. For fantasy purposes, Fitzpatrick is the better quarterback but the Dolphins reasonably want to see what they have with their No. 5 overall selection.

RELATED: 
    SOURCE: MiamiHerald.com
    Dec 1, 2020, 7:47 PM ET

• If he does suit up I will not share that optimism.

This will be the last week I roll with Parker if Tua is playing. I was planning on dropping this guy, but with Fitzpatrick looming, you have to hold.

Tua doesn't make his floor super low because we've seen Tua target him in the redzone. They barely missed on one and connected on the other. I'll call it limiting, I guess lol.

5/55/1 with Tua this week.

9/111/1 with Fitzpatrick this week.

Well, this is disappointing news...

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa (thumb, questionable) is expected to be active and start for Week 13 against the Bengals.

Tagovailoa returns after missing just one game with the thumb injury. Ryan Fitzpatrick's aggressive nature as a passer made the Miami offense more exciting for fantasy purposes but Tagovailoa's efficiency numbers all fall in line with Fitzpatrick's stats. Tagovailoa has also thrown six touchdowns passes to zero interceptions across his four starts. Mike Gesicki and DeVante Parker get slightly downgraded by the change but remain fantasy starters. Tagovailoa is nothing more than a QB2 this week.

Dec 6, 2020, 8:21 AM ET
25 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

I've seen MIA at -11.5 with a 42.5 total. 

What are the chance Tua throws him one of the TDs? Not high. Seems like a bench if you have a decent option.

Yeah... Gaskin is back too... I'm leabing towards sitting Parker as well unless Fitzmagic gets the start.

Miami plays KC next week! If Tua does not show better offensive production they have no chance to compete with KC. This is a safe place to evaluate Tua’s progress. I believe he will be better than people think and getting Parker involved will be necessary. If the offense does not show up today they may be forced to go Fitz moving forward. Just a feeling but I am playing Parker as my #3 wr. GL to all🤷🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Deejay said:

Miami plays KC next week! If Tua does not show better offensive production they have no chance to compete with KC. This is a safe place to evaluate Tua’s progress. I believe he will be better than people think and getting Parker involved will be necessary. If the offense does not show up today they may be forced to go Fitz moving forward. Just a feeling but I am playing Parker as my #3 wr. GL to all🤷🏻‍♂️

I don’t  know if it’s just wishful thinking on my part, but this is pretty much how I feel as well. I’m keeping him in my lineup. 

Wow that was horrible.  Tua just isn't at the point in his career to throw a 50/50 ball(even when the receiver wins 90 percent fo the time).  Can't blame him he did good today.  But eventually he will realize you have to target your top WR for nothing else but keep him happy.  Won't happen this year.  As long as Tua is starting Parker belongs on bench or waivers.