NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeVante Parker 2020 Outlook

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you're not starting him when he's healthy and in a primetime matchup between two bad defensive teams then when would you even start him? Guys are talking about a rookie cornerback? Really? Pretty m

Remember that Simpsons where Lisa rolls Homer's BBQ roast pig down the street?   Here's me as a Parker owner this season Its just a little groin pull, he's still good, he's still good! It

Are we still asking this question every week?? WHY???

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, mjb said:

Parker’s a WR1 with Fitzmagic, WR3 with Tua..

It’s insane. You rarely see that much difference. It’s like Antonio Brown with Big Ben and Vick (well, not as bad but still).

The problem is Parker is more of the Allen Robinson mold. Big physical WR that makes contested catches and is a great deep threat.

This is a problem for two reasons:

1. Tua plays like a scared little *****. Literally all he throws is stupid dump offs and short passes. Check down legend Alex Smith averages over half a yard more per attempt. 
2. On the occasions he does throw a jump ball, they’re terribly placed. No touch and often underthrown.

I like Tua. I liked him coming out of college and think he has a good future. That being said, Fitz is CLEARLY better right now and as someone that owns Parker in 3/3 leagues I ******** HATE Tua.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Tua is gonna get exposed this week as a fraud.  His defense has bailed him out.  Not gonna happen against Mahomes.

I agree! I was hoping Fitz would be needed to bail them out last week. It may not eventually turn out this way but Tua looks like a younger lefty version of Alex Smith.

KC will force Miami into a more aggressive offense. If Tua cannot push the ball downfield,(Parker) I believe there will be a Fitzy sighting this week🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
On 12/7/2020 at 10:10 AM, Dirty Little Birdie said:

To be fair, Parker was targeted like 4 times in the end zone when the ball was inside the 10 yard line. It's not like Tua wasn't trying to feed him when it counted. Parker just couldn't make a play on any of the balls. He legit could have easily had 2 Td's yesterday. 

I seen a few of those end zone targets. They were awful fade pattern throws and uncatchable. One of them was thrown better to the defender. I also seen him throw a fade to a tight end and that too was terrible. He appears so afraid of throwing a pick that his pass attempt is awful. 

Edited by Deejay
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Deejay said:

I seen a few of those end zone targets. They were awful fade pattern throws and uncatchable. One of them was thrown better to the defender. I also seen him throw a fade to a tight end and that too was terrible. He appears so afraid of throwing a pick that his pass attempt is awful. 

That's the thing. A Tua RZ target is kind of worthless...

I keep going back and forth on flexing him. I said I wouldn't start him again with Tua, but here I am. The thing is-when have the Dolphins trailed under Tua where he was forced to throw? I feel like every game he has played they were up and just draining clock. There's no way they hold Mahomes down so game script should be positive. 

1 hour ago, WSR said:

I keep going back and forth on flexing him. I said I wouldn't start him again with Tua, but here I am. The thing is-when have the Dolphins trailed under Tua where he was forced to throw? I feel like every game he has played they were up and just draining clock. There's no way they hold Mahomes down so game script should be positive. 

Exactly this. All signs signal that his production falls off with Tua under center. My gut says KC will be playing ahead, forcing Tua to throw. The question mark is Gesicki. No clue who will be go-to but I'll be firing up Parker > Aiyuk and rolling the dice the target share falls in Parkers favor.  

Edited by THall0890
15 minutes ago, THall0890 said:

Exactly this. All signs signal that his production falls off with Tua under center. My gut says KC will be playing ahead, forcing Tua to throw. The question mark is Gesicki. No clue who will be go-to but I'll be firing up Parker > Aiyuk and rolling the dice the target share falls in Parkers favor.  

Good luck with that. Aiyuk has shown time and time again that he can produce just like he did last week against the #2 ranked against WR Bills. Mullens has also shown time and time again that he can get the ball to him. Tua? Not so much.

Look for Miami to steal the game plan that Denver went with. Denver has a bad offense and defense and found a way to keep it close. Miami will run, run, and run. Tua will hit Gesicki from time to time. Parker will get terrible looking targets. Miami will try and control the clock and play just enough defense to at least keep it close.

Edited by tpat30
  • Like 2

Even if KC jumps out to a big lead, it is pretty hard to have faith in Parker with Tua at QB.  At least at this stage of his career, Tua does not appear capable of big passing numbers.

14 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Man, and I was told/thought Tua was some awesome super accurate passing QB.... what the hell happened with that? dude sux 

I haven't studied Tua's games enough to say for sure but it seems to be the normal rookie stuff--recognizing different coverages, dealing with blitzes, pocket awareness, general decision making and the speed of the game.  Tua is no longer picking on Missouri or Alcorn St. behind 5 future NFL O-lineman with the Crimson Tide.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Man, and I was told/thought Tua was some awesome super accurate passing QB.... what the hell happened with that? dude sux 

Lol

The game plan is different with Tua. Chan Gailey has said as much. Gailey has coached Ryan Fitzpatrick on 3 different teams for like 7 or 8 years. Gailey is fully confident in Fitz's ability to check to different plays at the line of scrimmage, something he does not afford to Tua and Hailey has said so in interviews, that Fitz has a better grasp of Gaileys offense. They are asking Tua to not turn the ball over and to let the defense do the heavy lifting. Tua is an accurate passer. I don't think he has thrown an interception yet this year but that is also by design, the playcalling is not allowing him to check off of any plays and they are mostly conservative type play calls.

None of that matters though because his fantasy numbers don't look like Justin Herberts 1st 5 games and so he gets labeled as not a very accurate passer despite being 4-1 as a starter while Herbert has only won 2 games.

All that is just to justify or yield an explanation as to why Parker's numbers have not been as good with Tua as they were with Fitz. Gailey is fine letting Fitzy sling the rock and run the offense while he is trying to coddle Tua, try to manage his plays, and let the defense work.

I know Tua can throw the ball but watching the games and reading Gaileys comments about Tua and his history with Fitz it's easy to see the trust isn't there from Gailey to let Tua open it up and Flores is a defensive minded guy who is fine with defensive ball and running the ball to kill the clock so he isn't advocating for Tua to air it out.

It's a long answer to say that Tua is a very good passer but at this point they aren't letting or asking him to fling it around like Herbert and lose games, they want him to hand it off, convert a few throws and don't turn it over and keep winning games which hasn't been fruitful from a fantasy perspective for any dolphins players.

Unfortunately, he is my best option as #3 wr. I hope the need for the offense to score points in this game forces Tua to target Parker or Fitz comes to the rescue if he fails. I need Mahomes to light Miami up and force the issue🤷🏻‍♂️