NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeVante Parker 2020 Outlook

7 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I haven't studied Tua's games enough to say for sure but it seems to be the normal rookie stuff--recognizing different coverages, dealing with blitzes, pocket awareness, general decision making and the speed of the game.  Tua is no longer picking on Missouri or Alcorn St. behind 5 future NFL O-lineman with the Crimson Tide.

7 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I haven't studied Tua's games enough to say for sure but it seems to be the normal rookie stuff--recognizing different coverages, dealing with blitzes, pocket awareness, general decision making and the speed of the game.  Tua is no longer picking on Missouri or Alcorn St. behind 5 future NFL O-lineman with the Crimson Tide.

He hung 41 points on the national champs last year so he has picked on everyone not just missouri and alcorn state.

Tua has stepped into a different situation than some other QBs. He has the talent to fling it as much as any of the other QBs but that's not what's being asked of him. 

Tua has as many NFL wins as Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert combined but that's not winning anybody any fantasy championships so he must not be any good. It's just the way Flores has built the Dolphins and wants them to play.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you're not starting him when he's healthy and in a primetime matchup between two bad defensive teams then when would you even start him? Guys are talking about a rookie cornerback? Really? Pretty m

Remember that Simpsons where Lisa rolls Homer's BBQ roast pig down the street?   Here's me as a Parker owner this season Its just a little groin pull, he's still good, he's still good! It

Are we still asking this question every week?? WHY???

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Tua is an accurate passer. I don't think he has thrown an interception yet this year but that is also by design, the playcalling is not allowing him to check off of any plays and they are mostly conservative type play calls.

You're right that the passing is super conservative, average yard per attempt is around 5. His completion rate is 63% at those short passes, which doesn't sound that bad, but eg Mahomes has a better completion% and nearly twice as much yards. Even a guy like Kirk Cousins is at that level.

Clearly Tua still has a lot to learn, and I believe you that they bring him slowly, just to say there's no need to claim he's great. Right now, apart from the 0 INT, he hasn't blown anybody away yet. Maybe next season.

34 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

You're right that the passing is super conservative, average yard per attempt is around 5. His completion rate is 63% at those short passes, which doesn't sound that bad, but eg Mahomes has a better completion% and nearly twice as much yards. Even a guy like Kirk Cousins is at that level.

Clearly Tua still has a lot to learn, and I believe you that they bring him slowly, just to say there's no need to claim he's great. Right now, apart from the 0 INT, he hasn't blown anybody away yet. Maybe next season.

4-1 as a starter.

Do you want to be blown away by stats or wins?

I know as fantasy players we want stats but in real life football Tua is killing it despite the conservative play calling.

8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I know as fantasy players we want stats but in real life football Tua is killing it despite the conservative play calling.

Your correct Tua is doing a great job for his team.  Unfortunately this is a fantasy football forum and he has killed Parkers production.

6 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Your correct Tua is doing a great job for his team.  Unfortunately this is a fantasy football forum and he has killed Parkers production.

Yeah, you are correct in restating what I said.

That Tua has twice as many real life wins than Herbert or Burrow but has not helped Parker's fantasy football value.

6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Yeah, you are correct in restating what I said.

That Tua has twice as many real life wins than Herbert or Burrow but has not helped Parker's fantasy football value.

‘You are correct in restating what I said’

😂😂😂

I think what the guy was saying, in a nicer way than I would’ve, is this is a fantasy football forum so nobody gives a **** about Tua’s real life implications so take those posts elsewhere 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, owenmills said:

‘You are correct in restating what I said’

😂😂😂

I think what the guy was saying, in a nicer way than I would’ve, is this is a fantasy football forum so nobody gives a **** about Tua’s real life implications so take those posts elsewhere 

So no need for explanations? If he isn't fantasy football relevant then he sucks and can't throw? Anyone who has been on this board long enough appreciates that we discuss football here along with fantasy implications.

Yes, Parker has suffered under Tua mostly cause the Dolphins are winning without him. 

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

I would hardly say Tua is the reason the Dolphins are winning. There are plenty of bad QBs who have been on teams with good records that win in spite of them.

Whether Tua sucks, play calling sucks, weapons suck, normal rookie mistakes, whatever. It doesn’t really matter. Him playing tanks Parker’s value. Hopefully they show some some sort of report this week so people don’t have to feel gross about playing Parker in the semis and championship if they get there.

• Like 3

I don't think Tua is a bad QB necessarily, I just don't think he's a good QB for DeVante Parker. Parker needs someone who will throw "trust me" balls that he can go up and get. He's not going to get crazy separation and will rarely be wide open for an easy completion.

It is what it is. I'm holding Parker on the off chance that Fitz comes back in for some reason. He's a WR1 lottery ticket if that happens.

• Like 1

Defense and conservative management is fine against most teams but doubt it works this week!
Fitz is the better Fantasy and reality QB for this team if they want to advance in the playoffs. Flores would rather develop the (currently) inferior QB since they’re odds of progressing with either QB is unlikely to occur. 

They struggled against the bengals last week under this approach and will surely lose this week without a more aggressive game plan. Tua did fine against Arizona when asked to perform but this will week is a big test to see what he’s got! Since I have Parker, my confidence is low. Honestly, I hope he gets benched🤷🏻‍♂️

11 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Dolphins in 6 starts with Fitz: 3-3

Dolphins in 5 starts with Tua 4-1

🤷‍♂️

Deceptive stat!

Miami started 1-3 and the defense and team as a whole didn’t hit its stride til the 49er game. Since then Fitz 3-0, Tua 4-1. Arizona was the only difficult game and Tua did well. This week we’ll find out if he or Fitz belongs in there.

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Dolphins in 6 starts with Fitz: 3-3

Dolphins in 5 starts with Tua 4-1

🤷‍♂️

Ultimate DHC post.  Dolphins are 8-4 right now.

Without Gaskin Parker is a decent play.

They have no RBs and are going up against the best offense in the NFL. Should force them to throw. Chiefs defense looks good against WRs on paper they also have faced pretty bad WRs groups all year. Godwin and Evans both got theirs against them for example.

Will see what Tua is made of once they’re down 14-0 or something. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 12/12/2020 at 8:26 AM, Deejay said:

Unfortunately, he is my best option as #3 wr. I hope the need for the offense to score points in this game forces Tua to target Parker or Fitz comes to the rescue if he fails. I need Mahomes to light Miami up and force the issue🤷🏻‍♂️

22 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Without Gaskin Parker is a decent play.

They have no RBs and are going up against the best offense in the NFL. Should force them to throw. Chiefs defense looks good against WRs on paper they also have faced pretty bad WRs groups all year. Godwin and Evans both got theirs against them for example.

Will see what Tua is made of once they’re down 14-0 or something. 

Hopefully people will learn that there will always be a better option than going with a WR who has Tua at QB.

Now know Parker left the game, but Tua has all of his success throwing short to intermediate. He throws it to his RBs and TEs.

29 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

Miami put up 27 points and 0 yards and catches. How is that even possible?

It isn't? Tua threw for 28 catches, 316 yards and 2 TDs. Maybe refresh your app?

Ahhhh you mean Parker.

New Player Note Sun, Dec 13

DeVante Parker missed an offensive possession with a leg injury and headed to the team's locker room. 

Advice: Parker headed to the locker about 40 seconds before the end of the first half. It's unclear when Parker, who doesn't have a catch on the day, may have injured his leg. We'll monitor his status at the start of the second half. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, tpat30 said:

Hopefully people will learn that there will always be a better option than going with a WR who has Tua at QB.

Now know Parker left the game, but Tua has all of his success throwing short to intermediate. He throws it to his RBs and TEs.

You are clever dude!

I realize and previously mentioned Tua’s tendency to throw short with the conservative approach demanded of him. Parker left the game before it got out of hand and only then did Tua throw downfield. Parker never received the benefit of that opportunity. What would of happened? Who knows but not knowing my team or thought process your arrogance is not appreciated. Parker MAY have done ok if he stayed in the game. Bowden did fine when the ball was forced to him🤯

Thank you for the education teacher! Going to my SB anyway. Parker was not as important as other pieces of my team🤷🏻‍♂️

I didn’t watch the game but just looking at the box score, it looks like all the production came in the 4th while team was getting stomped on.

Either way Parker is hurt and is useless even if he plays. Maybe things work out better next year.

3 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

It pains me to say this, but DP is droppable regardless of his injury status.

I guess he's a decent dart throw for a TD in Week 16 against the Raiders, but there are better plays on the wire.

Yeah, I'm benching but in no way am I cutting,

8 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

It pains me to say this, but DP is droppable regardless of his injury status.

I guess he's a decent dart throw for a TD in Week 16 against the Raiders, but there are better plays on the wire.

No way. If something happens to Tua and Fitzpatrick gets the start, Parker becomes an instant WR2 with WR1 upside.

You’ll want him then and you’ll especially want to keep someone from starting him against you.

• 2 weeks later...