NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeVante Parker 2020 Outlook

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you're not starting him when he's healthy and in a primetime matchup between two bad defensive teams then when would you even start him? Guys are talking about a rookie cornerback? Really? Pretty m

Remember that Simpsons where Lisa rolls Homer's BBQ roast pig down the street?   Here's me as a Parker owner this season Its just a little groin pull, he's still good, he's still good! It

Are we still asking this question every week?? WHY???

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

Only those of us who had him last year are high on him.  

I'm ok with that.

Yeah everyone else writing him off. He’s the best WR in the AFC. Absolute steal at his ADP. Just hoping he’s healthy. 

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Who then? 

DHop, Hill , Courtland Sutton, Keenan Allen & AJ Brown. Edit your comment and say AFC East , then you’ll be correct. 

Edited by RunCMC
1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Keenan with tyrod?

If we're talking fantasy... I'd still take Keenan by a small margin who's proven it over and over again, even with Tyrod. But the claim that Parker is the best WR in the AFC seemed more like he's the best receiver in the AFC in real football... which is a huge stretch. He had a great year being force fed but we can't forget his injury history or it's the first time he's put it together in a 5 year career

1 minute ago, dewaser said:

If we're talking fantasy... I'd still take Keenan by a small margin who's proven it over and over again, even with Tyrod. But the claim that Parker is the best WR in the AFC seemed more like he's the best receiver in the AFC in real football... which is a huge stretch. He had a great year being force fed but we can't forget his injury history or it's the first time he's put it together in a 5 year career

True.

Can't discount he was coached by Adam Gase for those first 4 years either.

11 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

😂 Good one 

Ha well, technically, using my league's scoring, he was first in points at the WR position last year, in the AFC (excluding DeAndre). Hopkins was above him but he moved to the NFC.

The ranking was:

1. Michael Thomas (NFC)

2. Chris Godwin (NFC)

3. Julio Jones (NFC)

4. Cooper Kupp (NFC)

5. DeAndre Hopkins (AFC -> NFC)

6. Kenny Golladay (NFC)

7. DeVante Parker (AFC)

8. Keenan Allen (AFC)

9. Amari Cooper (NFC)

10. Julian Edelman (AFC)

Fourth-most yards behind Thomas, Godwin, Jones. It's gotta count for something.

Edited by PhilaFanBoy
1 minute ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

Ha well, technically, using my league's scoring, he was fourth in points at the WR position last year, in the AFC. DeAndre Hopkins was above him but he moved to the NFC.

The ranking was:

1. Michael Thomas (NFC)

2. Chris Godwin (NFC)

3. Julio Jones (NFC)

4. Cooper Kupp (NFC)

6. Kenny Golladay (NFC)

7. DeVante Parker (AFC)

8. Keenan Allen (AFC)

9. Amari Cooper (NFC)

10. Julian Edelman (AFC)

Julian was a beats with brady but now he’s a wr3/4 with cam.  Allen is low WR2 high WR3 with tyrod.  Enter AJ brown who’s by far the best WR in the AFC this year.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

DHop, Hill , Courtland Sutton, Keenan Allen & AJ Brown. Edit your comment and say AFC East , then you’ll be correct. 

D hop gone, he outperformed brown and Sutton. Allen has tyrod now. Hill a stud though. 

3 minutes ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

Ha well, technically, using my league's scoring, he was first in points at the WR position last year, in the AFC. DeAndre Hopkins was above him but he moved to the NFC.

The ranking was:

1. Michael Thomas (NFC)

2. Chris Godwin (NFC)

3. Julio Jones (NFC)

4. Cooper Kupp (NFC)

6. Kenny Golladay (NFC)

7. DeVante Parker (AFC)

8. Keenan Allen (AFC)

9. Amari Cooper (NFC)

10. Julian Edelman (AFC)

Appreciate you. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

Ha well, technically, using my league's scoring, he was fourth in points at the WR position last year, in the AFC. DeAndre Hopkins was above him but he moved to the NFC.

The ranking was:

1. Michael Thomas (NFC)

2. Chris Godwin (NFC)

3. Julio Jones (NFC)

4. Cooper Kupp (NFC)

6. Kenny Golladay (NFC)

7. DeVante Parker (AFC)

8. Keenan Allen (AFC)

9. Amari Cooper (NFC)

10. Julian Edelman (AFC)

Yeah for fantasy it counts .. not for best WR in the AFC. That’s just laughable. He’s had one solid year so far, show me consistency for 5 years then we can talk. And yeah yeah Adam Gase is a moron we all know. 

D hop gone, he outperformed brown and Sutton. Allen has tyrod now. Hill a stud though. 

One year oooh, but you’re right he’s elite & the next Julio.  Parker might do better fantasy wise than Sutton & AJ Brown just because I love his situation this year. But those dudes are way better talents on a run first team. All ima say is Tyreek Hill . End of discussion. 

Edited by RunCMC
2 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

One year oooh, but you’re right he’s elite & the next Julio.  Parker might do better fantasy wise than Sutton & AJ Brown just because I love his situation this year. But those dudes are way better talents on a run first team. All ima say is Tyreek Hill . End of discussion. 

Are they better talents? Parker was a first round pick. I don’t recall calling him the next julio or elite. Lol. 

• Like 1

He's in that traffic jam of WRs around picks 50-60 with 100+ target projections that will likely get 1,000 yards. I think there are some health questions here and people are underrating Preston Williams, but there are certainly enough targets for both. If you are getting him in the 6th-7th round he is good value; in the 5th I'd say he's around fairly valued.

Just now, Ryansm11 said:

Are they better talents? Parker was a first round pick. I don’t recall calling him the next julio or elite. Lol. 

Hell yeah definitely better talents ... and you just said best WR in the AFC that’s damn near close to “Elite” or “Next Julio”. Anyhoo let’s move on brodie, we’re stuck in neutral rn. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

Hell yeah definitely better talents ... and you just said best WR in the AFC that’s damn near close to “Elite” or “Next Julio”. Anyhoo let’s move on brodie, we’re stuck in neutral rn. 

I just need him to healthy for week 1 or I’m gonna be plugging in Allen Lazard in my 14 team league LOL. 

He roasted the best CB in the league, stephen gilmore, in their last game last year. Gilmore beat him early in the season in their matchup.

I like Parker this year. He is what I lol for in a WR, he has a 1st round pedigree, he is over looked because he struggled to get out of Adam gase's doghouse for 4 years and only has 1 year of elite production, for some reason that has people worried but not me. I'm taking him as my WR1 after loading up on 2 RBs and a difference making QB and TE.

I just need him to healthy for week 1 or I’m gonna be plugging in Allen Lazard in my 14 team league LOL. 

I think he’s good to go for week 1. From everything I’ve been hearing & reading it’s more precautionary than anything. He’s poised for a huge year, no doubt about it. I missed out on him both my leagues, so expect 1200 / 10 TD’s you bastards 😛

Edited by RunCMC
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

I think he’s good to go for week 1. From everything I’ve been hearing & reading it’s more precautionary than anything. He’s poised for a huge year, no doubt about it. I missed out on him both my leagues, so expect 1200 / 10 TD’s you bastards 😛

I’ll take that production all day long. WR1 numbers and being drafted as a flex. Crazy. 

Have shares of him in all my leagues save for my main one and kinda regret it.

7th round after going 4RBs and 2WRs (AJB/Terry) and it was between him and Mostert - I went Mostert due to the lack of RB backup depth in the later rounds. WR is deep this year.

With that said, man’s going to feast. Believe in the talent.