NBC Sports Edge Forums

Patrick Mahomes 2020 Outlook

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm guessing the delay in the numbers being announced is because they can't count that high.

no to we won't know or no to cancel the season? i hope the FF platforms allow us to sub out COVID locked players out of the line up. unprecedented i know, but all this for a  1% deadly virus

I think most people learn that giving money back to your employer in any way is a foolish thing. They don’t care about you. The second it’s inconvenient you’re gone. The same applies to the NFL.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, fantasymad said:

Game vs Pats in danger of being postponed with Cam Newton testing positive?

Doubtful.  I imagine it will be handled the same as the Falcons last week when the CB tested positive.  Which is to say they'll play on.

9 minutes ago, slowride said:

Doubtful.  I imagine it will be handled the same as the Falcons last week when the CB tested positive.  Which is to say they'll play on.

8 minutes ago, sSektor said:

1 minute ago, fantasymad said:

Chiefs backup qb positive too ughhh.

... talk about not aging well

10 minutes ago, slowride said:

Bit of strategic difference of having to replace a CB and a QB with no notice though, right?

Yikes.  I'm riding bareback on Mahomes as I'm sure a lot of people are in 1 QB leagues.  If game gets postponed to Monday or Tuesday, but then league decides on Monday that game is postponed even more, we are screwed.

4 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

Bit of strategic difference of having to replace a CB and a QB with no notice though, right?

Yes, that is a much more significant substitution.  I don't think it would factor into the game being played, however.

But it sounds like the NFL is going to be more aggressive, and the game will be postponed.

• Like 1

Ride or die with MyHomies.  I'm not playing a lesser QB tomorrow.  If the game gets postponed even more, c'est la vie.  The season will probably get cancelled anyway down the road...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
15 minutes ago, CooL said:

Ride or die with MyHomies.  I'm not playing a lesser QB tomorrow.  If the game gets postponed even more, c'est la vie.  The season will probably get cancelled anyway down the road...

this is some choice schtick right here 😄

take all my likes 👍 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, brosephd said:

hope we get clarity before tip off tomorrow...don't want to drop a handcuff just for a 1 week QB flier.

If there's no new positive tests tomorrow morning, the odds of the game being played Tuesday increases. If there's anyone else that tests positive, chances are the game doesn't get played. I think that's the most important factor that should determine what to do with Mahomes and any other player in that game.

3 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

If there's no new positive tests tomorrow morning, the odds of the game being played Tuesday increases. If there's anyone else that tests positive, chances are the game doesn't get played. I think that's the most important factor that should determine what to do with Mahomes and any other player in that game.

I think I read somewhere (and I don't know how scientific this is)

No positive tests tomorrow: 50% chance it is played Tuesday

No positive tests Monday morning: 75%

No positive tests Tuesday morning: 90%

I have no idea how they came up with these numbers and the guy could just be pulling it out of his a$$.  Obviously the closer you get to game day without positive tests, the higher the chance is that the game will be played.  The difficulty of course is that even if there are negative tests tomorrow morning, it's still a long 2+ days away from Sunday morning to Tuesday night.

20 minutes ago, slowride said:

If you have any reasonable alternative I think you have to bench Mahomes this week.  Tough to overcome a zero from your QB position.

Grabbed Fitzpatrick this morning as soon as the news broke.  But have to admit that both Wentz and Mullens (playing each other on SNF) on the wire are looking like decent options just for the fact that they'll buy more time for Mahomes owners to find out what the league has planned/test results.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TheINC said:

Grabbed Fitzpatrick this morning as soon as the news broke.  But have to admit that both Wentz and Mullens (playing each other on SNF) on the wire are looking like decent options just for the fact that they'll buy more time for Mahomes owners to find out what the league has planned/test results.

They aren't going to play the chiefs game, read the tea leaves. Start fitzmagick.