NBC Sports Edge Forums

Patrick Mahomes 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

No.

no to we won't know or no to cancel the season?

i hope the FF platforms allow us to sub out COVID locked players out of the line up.

unprecedented i know, but all this for a  1% deadly virus is comical.

Edited by pdog109
  • Like 5
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm guessing the delay in the numbers being announced is because they can't count that high.

no to we won't know or no to cancel the season? i hope the FF platforms allow us to sub out COVID locked players out of the line up. unprecedented i know, but all this for a  1% deadly virus

I think most people learn that giving money back to your employer in any way is a foolish thing. They don’t care about you. The second it’s inconvenient you’re gone. The same applies to the NFL.

Was just mentioned on Fox Sunday NFL Countdown the KC/NE game will be played this Monday at 7:05 PM. The ESPN website article says pending tests though. I feel like it's more likely than not that they end up playing Monday. 

For you Mahomes owners, you going to roll the dice he plays Monday or start a backup today just in case ? 

Edited by tonywow
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, tonywow said:

Was just mentioned on Fox Sunday NFL Countdown the KC/NE game will be played this Monday at 7:05 PM. The ESPN website article says pending tests though. I feel like it's more likely than not that they end up playing Monday. 

For you Mahomes owners, you going to roll the dice he plays Monday or start a backup today just in case ? 

Go Big or Go Home.  My choices are abysmal,  Like Phil Rivers and Teddy Bridgewater abysmal.  Sure, maybe 15 points is better than 0.  But I need Mahomes to hit his 30 point projection in order to win this week.  Rolling the dice that the game is played.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, trolltoll said:

It saddens me to say this, but does Mahomes value slightly go down with Bell signing? I can see them running inside the 10 more often now that they have a RB that is a legit threat near the goal line. 

Yep.

2 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

It saddens me to say this, but does Mahomes value slightly go down with Bell signing? I can see them running inside the 10 more often now that they have a RB that is a legit threat near the goal line. 

He just got given potentially one of the best pass catching rb's in the league. You can make the argument its a bump in value 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

No. It helps...Bell is a really good receiver and tougher to tackle than CEH on screens and various routes.

Sure Bell might convert at the GL better, but they are still a pass first team in the RZ.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, fjthegrey said:

He just got given potentially one of the best pass catching rb's in the league. You can make the argument its a bump in value 

Just now, ST. STEVEN said:

No. It helps...Bell is a really good receiver and tougher to tackle than CEH on screens and various routes.

Sure Bell might convert at the GL better, but they are still a pass first team in the RZ.

Great points. I guess we will find out. Maybe at worst it evens out between goal line carries and passes then. 

3 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

Great points. I guess we will find out. Maybe at worst it evens out between goal line carries and passes then. 

That’s what I’m hoping. Maybe a few easy throws to get into the end zone. Would love to see that “toss handoff” that counts as a pass. 

25 minutes ago, fjthegrey said:

Mahomes doesnt seem to have the inclination to check down to the RB. Its why CEH has been a disappointment. 

30 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

or he just throws 5-6 yard td passes to Bell like Brees does to Kamara.

1 minute ago, Evincar said:

Mahomes doesnt seem to have the inclination to check down to the RB. Its why CEH has been a disappointment. 

Thats what I believe as well. Mahomes is a deep threat, he likes the highlight plays. He could dump it off, but he could also run for 3 yds and do the same thing most of his check downs have been doing all season. 

4 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

agree it likely helps.  The o-line imo does not run block as well as they used to, esp at the goal line, so Bell isn’t magically changing that.  He is obviously a good pass catching back (CEH is not shabby either).  But where Bell likely helps the most is pass blocking combined with catching.  He is (was?) an excellent pass blocker.  That could buy Mahomes an extra second or two.

I think it helps. If he's anywhere near as good as he was in Pittsburgh he will by far be the best running back Mahomes has ever played with. Defenses may have to pay a little more attention to the backfield and plan for the run more than they were. Additionally, Le'veon has the potential to make huge plays out of a lot of underneath throws. The sky is the limit for this offense and Mahomes and Reid will take full advantage.

• Like 1

i had the Collins/Porter stack back in '04 ... they went to Denver and accounted for 4 TDs, iirc, in a blinding snowstorm.

Kerry Collins. Jerry Porter. 

also had Brady in '09 when he tossed 6 against the Titans in similar blizzard like conditions in the Foxy Boro. 

'Homie will be fine.