NBC Sports Edge Forums

Patrick Mahomes 2020 Outlook

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm guessing the delay in the numbers being announced is because they can't count that high.

no to we won't know or no to cancel the season? i hope the FF platforms allow us to sub out COVID locked players out of the line up. unprecedented i know, but all this for a  1% deadly virus

I think most people learn that giving money back to your employer in any way is a foolish thing. They don’t care about you. The second it’s inconvenient you’re gone. The same applies to the NFL.

59 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Hope things pickup next week.   Starting to think I should've drafted Kyler Murray later in draft.

Ditto.  Cardinals scheme better for Kyler and Kyler looks to run a heck of a lot more.

Didn't watch the game.  Was weather a factor?  Seemed like Chiefs were always up big so maybe Mahomes didn't have to do much?

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

Ditto.  Cardinals scheme better for Kyler and Kyler looks to run a heck of a lot more.

Didn't watch the game.  Was weather a factor?  Seemed like Chiefs were always up big so maybe Mahomes didn't have to do much?

Yup, Chefs got up big early (CEH td, pick 6, kickoff return TD) so he didn't have to do much. Then all the starters got pulled at end of game and Henne ran one in for a TD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Silent-Trader said:

Still Here GIFs | Tenor

Can we acknowledge that we are taking his greatness for granted? He has 25TDS and 1INT!!!!!!!! I don't believe any entertainer should be worth 1/2 billion dollars, but this man is 2nd to none. I love some Russ and Murray, but he should be the frontrunner for MVP.

Beginning of the season the pundits said the Chiefs were running more and won't need Mahomes as much, glad to see Patrick shutting that theory up. He's been slinging it

• 2 weeks later...

Is anybody worried about him being benched if they keep winning. My fantasy strategy has just been to have him carry my team, and its worked very well so far. Do you think they might rest him come week 15 or 16? I guess they are still fighting for home field advantage with PIT though. Mahomes owners should root for a PIT loss. Something to think about. I have no back up plan at QB

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, zorndogs said:

Is anybody worried about him being benched if they keep winning. My fantasy strategy has just been to have him carry my team, and its worked very well so far. Do you think they might rest him come week 15 or 16? I guess they are still fighting for home field advantage with PIT though. Mahomes owners should root for a PIT loss. Something to think about. I have no back up plan at QB

tenor.gif?itemid=11276243

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, zorndogs said:

nah man you’re overthinking this. The only way he’ll see any rest is week 17 with nothing to play for. Even then he’d probably still play the first half. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, zorndogs said:

Long story short, no. Don’t worry. They can still get overall #1 seed. Steeler a very good team, but seem to be leaking oil ATM.

5 hours ago, zorndogs said:

Do you think they might rest him come week 15 or 16?

No chance - week 17 only, if at all. You can't go into the playoffs with your biggest star resting multiple weeks in a row and not expect rust, especially when the playoffs are in a single game elimination format. They're also likely to have a bye in the first round for additional rest.

On 12/5/2020 at 10:29 AM, Dark One said:

No chance - week 17 only, if at all. You can't go into the playoffs with your biggest star resting multiple weeks in a row and not expect rust, especially when the playoffs are in a single game elimination format. They're also likely to have a bye in the first round for additional rest.

Maybe not rest him, but not push him to the limit as much? I drafted him because I expected this team to struggle a little more this season like most teams do after success like last year. I thought they'd be trailing more games. Not that he's disappointed me still, he's been valuable, but I worry they roll through the fantasy playoffs and he isn't required to have those 400 yard 3 TD games, maybe even gets a fourth quarter benching with a big lead. Just throwing some pessimism out there for a double reverse anti jinx. 

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, bakes781 said:

did anyone catch the broadcasters say that next week's game might have no playoff implications for KC?

Pretty sure the Bengals would have to beat the Steelers tonight.  Doesn't seem possible, but then the Jets just beat the Rams . . .

13 hours ago, Bastardo! said:

Pretty sure the Bengals would have to beat the Steelers tonight.  Doesn't seem possible, but then the Jets just beat the Rams . . .

I don't wanna outright say that you jinxed tonight's game ... but you JINXED IT!

Putting in a claim for Brees off the wire lol