Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Justin Verlander 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jack Daniels?

Nolan Ryan led the league in strikeouts for 4 years in a row ... after the age of 39.  he also led the league in ERA once and in WIP twice.    

There’s no warning signs, velo loss, recent injuries, etc. He’s got as much risk as any stud pitcher. All of them can get injured. But his track record as a horse and lack of red flags mean that the s

55 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

Have a draft tonight, so he's a DND until we learn further. Triceps can be a beginning of major arm problems.

He was always unattractive to me this year as is because of age and innings.  This tricep tightness just clinches  it.  I wont be owning him this year.  Not a complete dnd for me, but he'll need to come at a discount that I dont thj k he will.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

He was always unattractive to me this year as is because of age and innings.  This tricep tightness just clinches  it.  I wont be owning him this year.  Not a complete dnd for me, but he'll need to come at a discount that I dont thj k he will.

Did you say the same thing the year before and the year before that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

Did you say the same thing the year before and the year before that?

That's irrelevant.  We draft for the future, not the past.  If anyone thought he was too old 2 years ago, hes now 2 years older with another 500 innings.  Id rather be a year early than a year late.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

That's irrelevant.  We draft for the future, not the past.  If anyone thought he was too old 2 years ago, hes now 2 years older with another 500 innings.  Id rather be a year early than a year late.

But you are not a year early, you're running on 3 years early so far 😂😂😂😂

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is shut down for a few weeks then back to normal. Problem is at this time given he's not built up yet he's looking at a best case scenario short IL stint to start the year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

My guess is shut down for a few weeks then back to normal. Problem is at this time given he's not built up yet he's looking at a best case scenario short IL stint to start the year.


I’ll take that at this point.  I’m afraid of the mid-season return.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

So given the news how far does Verlander fall down on your draft boards? 20th overall? 30th overall? [...]


i think he falls pretty hard.  6th round probably.  I don’t think he’ll pitch until May.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually really relieved by this news, it could have been so, so much worse. I'm hoping he's back by the beginning of May. The Astros were probably going to limit him towards the end of the season due to the fact he really faded in the playoffs last year. Hopefully now when he returns he can pitch a full schedule and carry me in the playoffs :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...