NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jose Ramirez 2020 Outlook

22 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

only so many legit 5 cat guys.  shouldnt make it out top 15. after jo ram and tatis next closest is marte/meadows

I could see Meadows being a 40/20 good health permitting. I wish he played for a different team tho. I think JoRam goes 35/26 this year. 90ish runs 100+ RBI’s. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm all in.  This is the floor: 542 PA, .255/.327 - 23 - 83 - 68 - 24, 13.7% K%, 9.6% BB%, .256 BABIP (<- last year's #s) Dude's hard contact % has increased every year since 2015.  Posts elit

Their lineup isn't horrendous. His counting stats should still be excellent. He has Lindor and Santana in front of him and Reyes behind him. 

I truly believe Ramirez will be drafted in the middle of the first round next season. I’ve got him down for 102 runs, 35 HR, 90 RBIs, and 28 SBs. I know there’s not a huge value to be had with a guy g

I've noticed that most people around here are really high on this guy for this season.  There's a group of guys who I think will probably be there for me in round 2, and he's one of them.  I just can't afford to miss in the 2nd round and while he wasn't on my team, I'm well aware of his dreadful 1st half last season.

Obviously he'd be a steal there if he even comes close to having a repeat of his 2018 season, but I'd still be nervous about taking him over guys like JD Martinez, Harper, Rendon, etc.

I guess I'm just kind of wanting someone to talk me into taking him. lol

1 minute ago, DFWSooner said:

I've noticed that most people around here are really high on this guy for this season.  There's a group of guys who I think will probably be there for me in round 2, and he's one of them.  I just can't afford to miss in the 2nd round and while he wasn't on my team, I'm well aware of his dreadful 1st half last season.

Obviously he'd be a steal there if he even comes close to having a repeat of his 2018 season, but I'd still be nervous about taking him over guys like JD Martinez, Harper, Rendon, etc.

Blend of top 5 ceiling with 20/20 floor. He went 23/24 in 129 games in a dreadful season. If that's his floor, he is a great pick. We saw his upside in 2018, pre-juiced ball. To me he's one of the safest picks available in the second round and you aren't paying a premium for his elite upside.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

Blend of top 5 ceiling with 20/20 floor. He went 23/24 in 129 games in a dreadful season. If that's his floor, he is a great pick. We saw his upside in 2018, pre-juiced ball. To me he's one of the safest picks available in the second round and you aren't paying a premium for his elite upside.

Was there ever a consensus opinion on what was wrong with him the 1st half of last season? Like I said he wasn't on my team so I wasn't paying too much attention.  I do remember hearing that the shift was possibly affecting his approach, but I never heard what changes he made, or what the difference was in the 2nd half.

30 minutes ago, DFWSooner said:

Was there ever a consensus opinion on what was wrong with him the 1st half of last season? Like I said he wasn't on my team so I wasn't paying too much attention.  I do remember hearing that the shift was possibly affecting his approach, but I never heard what changes he made, or what the difference was in the 2nd half.

The @MattWi77iams thread posted on the first page had a pretty detailed breakdown on his issues.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, DFWSooner said:

id take him over JD-Harper-Rendon in a heartbeat 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Bogey said:

The @MattWi77iams thread posted on the first page had a pretty detailed breakdown on his issues.

Sorry, I should have looked.

7 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

id take him over JD-Harper-Rendon in a heartbeat 

Yeah, I'd easily take him over Harper and Rendon, but JD is one of the guys I'm trying to decide between.  You must really be confident in Ramirez if you say you'd take him over JD "in a heartbeat," because Martinez has been one of baseball's best, most consistent hitters for a while now.  But yeah, if we're getting 2018 Ramirez than I would too.  I just hope that's the case.

Love Ramirez this season. In non-keeper leagues here's a list of the only players I would probably draft over him. Also think you can make a case for him as early as 12. He's going to help win a lot of leagues this season. 

1) Acuna

2) Trout

3) Bellinger

4) Betts

5) Cole

6) deGrom

7) Lindor

😎 Turner

9) Cole

10) Arenado

11) Story

12) Bregman

13) Scherzer

14) Freeman

15) Martinez

16) Soto

2 minutes ago, DFWSooner said:

Sorry, I should have looked.

Yeah, I'd easily take him over Harper and Rendon, but JD is one of the guys I'm trying to decide between.  You must really be confident in Ramirez if you say you'd take him over JD "in a heartbeat," because Martinez has been one of baseball's best, most consistent hitters for a while now.  But yeah, if we're getting 2018 Ramirez than I would too.  I just hope that's the case.

I'm on the fence with this one too. Right now I'd have a hard time taking him over Martinez, although there is probably some cause for concern without Mookie to drive in this season. 

1 hour ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I'm on the fence with this one too. Right now I'd have a hard time taking him over Martinez, although there is probably some cause for concern without Mookie to drive in this season. 

I’m way more concerned about his age and back, but that’s just me. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Love Ramirez this season. In non-keeper leagues here's a list of the only players I would probably draft over him. Also think you can make a case for him as early as 12. He's going to help win a lot of leagues this season. 

1) Acuna

2) Trout

3) Bellinger

4) Betts

5) Cole

6) deGrom

7) Lindor

😎 Turner

9) Cole

10) Arenado

11) Story

12) Bregman

13) Scherzer

14) Freeman

15) Martinez

16) Soto

Assume you just forgot Yellich?

2 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

1) Acuna

2) Trout

3) Bellinger

4) Betts

5) Cole

6) deGrom

7) Lindor

😎 Turner

9) Cole

10) Arenado

11) Story

12) Bregman

13) Scherzer

14) Freeman

15) Martinez

16) Soto

im taking joram over freeman, martinez, arenado and scherzer.  

edit: prob degrom too

Edited by jfazz23
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, jfazz23 said:

im taking joram over freeman, martinez, arenado and scherzer.  

edit: prob degrom too

Over Freeman / Martinez...and MAYBE Scherzer...sure. Over Arenado...no chance.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sidearmer said:

I have Ramirez above Story, Bregman, Scherzer, Freeman, and Martinez.

Over Story? I could see taking him over the rest but I can’t see a scenario where I’d take him over Story. Both statistically and because of how deep 3rd base is.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, DFWSooner said:

Over Story? I could see taking him over the rest but I can’t see a scenario where I’d take him over Story. Both statistically and because of how deep 3rd base is.

I couldn't justify taking him over Story either, but SS is pretty deep too...

• Like 1

Hes 11 on my big board. Over Arenado,Freeman,Bregman, and Max. Under Soto,Degrom,Story, and Turner and obv the consensus guys above this grouping. 

Look he was awful for a bunch of last season, only played 129 games, yet he still ended up with 23 and 24. Getting a 30/30 guy in the 2nd round? Yes please give him to me. The only other guy in the 2nd round who COULD(not likely could) do that is FTjr(my avatar) but FTjr is much riskier at this ADP. If he played the full season he would be a consensus late 1st rounder.

Edited by buzzkilloton
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, buzzkilloton said:

Hes 11 on my big board. Over Arenado,Freeman,Bregman, and Max. Under Soto,Degrom,Story, and Turner and obv the consensus guys above this grouping. 

Look he was awful for a bunch of last season, only played 129 games, yet he still ended up with 23 and 24. Getting a 30/30 guy in the 2nd round? Yes please give him to me. The only other guy in the 2nd round who COULD(not likely could) do that is FTjr(my avatar) but FTjr is much riskier at this ADP. If he played the full season he would be a consensus late 1st rounder.

I'm a fan of Ramirez but he in no way shape or form should be ranked above Arenado on any draft board. I'm just sorry.

Edited by quietj
41 minutes ago, quietj said:

I'm a fan of Ramirez but he in no way shape or form should be ranked above Arenado on any draft board. I'm just sorry.

I have to agree. I have a share of Ramirez in one of my leagues, but would take Arenado over him. Nolan has just been a model of consistency for 7 years and is kind of overlooked lately. 

1 hour ago, quietj said:

Jose Ramirez has bigger upside. I'm also concerned about Arenado being traded this season. Coors has a big impact on his fantasy value.

Edited by buzzkilloton
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, buzzkilloton said:

Jose Ramirez has bigger upside. I'm also concerned about Arenado being traded this season. Coors has a big impact on his fantasy value.

Yep. Normally Arenado would be the safer pick but i’d rather have Ramirez than having to worry about Arenado being traded, which I think it’s a realistic possibility.

Edited by DFWSooner
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Over Freeman / Martinez...and MAYBE Scherzer...sure. Over Arenado...no chance.

2 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Yeah he lost me at arenado lol

arenado doesnt steal at all.  and homeruns are much easier to come by nowadays...

• Like 1