NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darren Waller 2020 Outlook

13 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Got him as the 6th TE (pick 73, 8.03) in my 10 team half_PPR league. 

I was hyped he was still there when my pick came around and instantly pulled the trigger. 

HOWEVER, I also have Josh Jacobs lol so am I bit nervous about having too many eggs in the OAK basket. 

Maybe after a monster game or two, I can flip him for another TE to diversify the roster. 

Did you take Waller over Engram or did Engram go first? What class of guys do you think he's in? 

I took Waller over Engram. I thought there was a mini fall of TEs in my draft. 

Waller in the 6th (67)

Engram went the first pick in the 7th (73). 

Surprisingly Cook went (65). 

Ertz and Andrews went 39 and 40. So the draft went about 25 picks without a TE. 

Seemed the tiers are 

Kelce 

Kittle

Ertz and Andrews

Waller and Engram 

The Jared Cook selection before Waller and Engram was shocking to me. And I’m a Saints fan. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Called it.

Just stop. He is a top 5 TE. Caught 90+ balls last year. Ruggs is out. The pats are prepping to stop Jacobs first. Waller will get the targets.  You are not benching Waller. 

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Tenner said:

I took Waller over Engram. I thought there was a mini fall of TEs in my draft. 

Seemed the tiers are 

Kelce 

Kittle

Ertz and Andrews

Waller and Engram 

The Jared Cook selection before Waller and Engram was shocking to me. And I’m a Saints fan. 

Yeah I agree with those tiers, similar for my league, and I also grabbed Waller before Engram. 

However, unexpectedly, Fant went after the Ertz/Andrews tier, which was unexpected. 

I grabbed Waller, guy after me grabbed Cooks (!), then Engram went a round later. 

I had Engram last year and know of his upside, but there were so many weeks lost to injuries/low targets. 

I had forgotten about Witten, is anybody concerned the Waller target share?

Hopefully he can get more RZ targets this season!

He went in the 5th round of our 3-keeper league. Waller was chosen three rounds after Andrews and three picks after Engram.  Ertz, Kittle and Kelce were all kept.  Post draft, I traded Le'Veon Bell for Waller and a 7th round pick for next year. I feel pretty good about it. 

A very common theme concerning Waller is that there are so many more mouths to feed thus Waller's targets will take a serious hit.  I disagree with that.  Currently, the Raiders WR corps are composed of two rookies, 2nd year Renfrow, and the likes of Nelson Agholor and Zay Jones.  I think a case can be made that Waller's targets go up.  And with the loss of Tyrell Williams, I'm expecting a much more acceptable redzone target share.  

Edited by mikeflavaz
  • Like 1

Back onboard with Waller -- much more expensive this year, but he earned my guy status, so...

I'm with the belief of some here that the addition of the Vegas Rookies (Ruggs/Edwards) will lessen the defensive focus on Waller, freeing him up in coverage. With the overall offensive improvements of the Raiders, Wallers TD are all but guaranteed to also increase from last year.

(Chris Herndon is this years Darren Waller)

On 8/28/2019 at 10:08 PM, Spina said:

Waited/Targeted Waller too...also only TE on my roster (other than Gronk lol).

Love everything I've seen/read on him and am expecting solid numbers. Will surprise a lot of people.

Surprised he's not discussed more. A lot more....soon they will be.

Are you guys backing him up? If so, with who?

I've gone the route of just 1 QB and 1 TE on the roster, and the 7 bench slots for all RBs + WRs..

Therefore, I'm ALL IN with Waller haha. If he blows it, I'll have to go grab some flavor of the week TE, but for now, I'm counting on him to hold down the TE spot. 

1 minute ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

I've gone the route of just 1 QB and 1 TE on the roster, and the 7 bench slots for all RBs + WRs..

Therefore, I'm ALL IN with Waller haha. If he blows it, I'll have to go grab some flavor of the week TE, but for now, I'm counting on him to hold down the TE spot. 

Chris Herndon is my back-up

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Yep with Herndon. In one league I actually have Kittle, waller, and Herndon and will flex Waller. Kittle fell to mid third and Waller to mid 7th, just took the value

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone worried about Waller this week? I feel like the patriots are really good about taking away the other teams best weapon… I can see them doing whatever it takes to make sure Waller does not go off

I know you always start your studs… But this one has me a little worried