NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After last season diaster where I would tell myself not to come near DJ with a 10 feet pole...I just walked away from all my drafts being a 100% stock holder...again.    Never learned I guess..

We just need a coach who can convince Watson to check it down to DJ 5 times a game 

If you draft David Johnson prepare to be frustrated when you see D.Johnson Touchdown and it’s Duke. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Brye said:

Dj is burnt toast brotha.  He’s spent and about to be 29, ain’t the same

You sound like someone who hasn't watched him play and is just looking at a number. Gurley is 25 and looks way more washed than DJ does at 28+. It's a long season and older guys have more trouble staying fresh throughout a whole season, but I'm still in, especially now that the schedule opens up big time. In addition to that, the offense should only get better.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, aapox said:

You sound like someone who hasn't watched him play and is just looking at a number. Gurley is 25 and looks way more washed than DJ does at 28+. It's a long season and older guys have more trouble staying fresh throughout a whole season, but I'm still in, especially now that the schedule opens up big time. In addition to that, the offense should only get better.

I am very pumped about DJ, and will end up being a steal getting him late 3rd

• Like 1

UPDATE

Duke Johnson (ankle) was cleared to play for Week 4 against the Vikings.

Advice: David Johnson has handled 28 of Houston's 29 backfield touches without Duke available the past two weeks, but that workload will presumably decrease with the latter returning for his usual role on third down. Fantasy players can still start David J as a matchup-based RB2/3 and stash Duke in the event DJ misses any time.

Edited by jhomes55

I don’t think he’s been heavily featured and also looks like the best back on the team, so I’m not too worried yet. I just hope somehow the offense takes a step forward so DJ can get a few more GL opportunities and/or dump offs at least.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it’s a good thing. This offense and team identity were certainly in the dumpster. Hopefully they can add some creativity. Use both DJs at the same time, etc. I get the aspect of BOB using DJ to justify the trade but he didn’t really do that. Can only go up from here (well, not exactly, but there’s more room to go up than down). 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, aapox said:

I think it’s a good thing. This offense and team identity were certainly in the dumpster. Hopefully they can add some creativity. Use both DJs at the same time, etc. I get the aspect of BOB using DJ to justify the trade but he didn’t really do that. Can only go up from here (well, not exactly, but there’s more room to go up than down). 

I agree. Perhaps Romeo can get more out of the players and this will be a spark they need to get back on track. Too much talent on that team to be playing the way they are IMHO. 

• Like 3
14 hours ago, FinsUp24 said:

Yea IMO it is a bad thing. As DJ owners, I felt like we had it working for us that BOB had to try and justify that idiotic trade. 

I think it's less that he had to justify the trade and more that there aren't any other 3 down backs on the roster.  Maybe Romeo brings in someone else, but you can't really blame the playcalling on DJ.

• Like 1
On 10/5/2020 at 11:53 PM, aapox said:

Yeah, I just checked and they're last in the league in rushing, so it wasn't like BOB was making DJ a stud as it was.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Poopyfist said:

If Myles Jack is out I think DJ is a good start.

6 hours ago, aapox said:

That would certainly be a bonus. I think he's close to must start in any decent sized league anyways though.

The only thing I'm wondering/worried about is who is calling the plays for the Texans? 'Cause if it's the same person that's been calling plays so far this season, or if they don't make some kind of a scheme change re; getting DJ into space, welp....it's gonna be a long a very disappointing season. 

But yeah, with what I have invested in him and how my team is built...he's pretty much a must start. 

• Like 1