NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After last season diaster where I would tell myself not to come near DJ with a 10 feet pole...I just walked away from all my drafts being a 100% stock holder...again.    Never learned I guess..

We just need a coach who can convince Watson to check it down to DJ 5 times a game 

If you draft David Johnson prepare to be frustrated when you see D.Johnson Touchdown and it’s Duke. 

Posted Images

20 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

Don't feel great just bc it's against Indy, sitting for Aiyuk and Conner. Next week against Cinci firing him up fo sho though. 

Yeah, leaning towards Jeff Wilson myself, and mostly because of the match-up as you said. 

I'm also super frustrated with how Houston uses DJ. Or, better said...how they don't use him. 

31 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Yeah, leaning towards Jeff Wilson myself, and mostly because of the match-up as you said. 

I'm also super frustrated with how Houston uses DJ. Or, better said...how they don't use him. 

It's so perplexing. The team is lacking WR and TE talent yet continues to underutilize him in the pass game. You'd think with Watson they'd be such a great match, too. More dump offs to DJ opens more running lanes for your QB I'd think, right?

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

It's so perplexing. The team is lacking WR and TE talent yet continues to underutilize him in the pass game. You'd think with Watson they'd be such a great match, too. More dump offs to DJ opens more running lanes for your QB I'd think, right?

I know. Makes zero sense. Seems only Bruce Arians and all of us FF fans understand how DJ should be utilized. 

1 hour ago, The G Man said:

Because they’ve used Duke in that aspect and now he’s out.

If he is ever going to give us something like 12/50/1 and 7/70/1 it’s this week. Would be nice to see shades of prime DJ and with Duke out it’s probably the best chance. Pretty annoying watching him go for like 15/50 with one or two catches.

This was a vintage DJ game.  At one point, this guy was called the best receiving back in the NFL.  It's criminal that they didn't use him in a 3 down role and tried to make Duke Johnson a thing.  Duke Johnson will never be a thing.  He's had multiple years and multiple chances to become one.

What's frustrating reading the blurbs say things like "If Duke is out again next week, then DJ's stock shoots up again".  Uh, the dude just caught 11 passes for 106 yards.  Are they expecting Duke to do any better?  Feed the ball to DJ to justify that terrible Hopkins trade!

• Like 3
On 12/15/2020 at 9:30 PM, BrianM said:

I'm likely in this boat if RJII sits with the finger issue.  Solidarity, just get a TD and we're cool I guess? I've had him on this team since the rookie year.  Lets end it with one last..............simply ok performance that I won't hate you for, DJ. 

He did it!  He really did it.   6 seasons of ups and downs, I barely even use him this year, plug him in just hoping for a dozen or so, and wham, week winner. 

Still putting him back on the pine next week, this is NOT happening twice.  

4 minutes ago, OilerPensfan97 said:

EqHLh7kXYAIVYww?format=jpg&name=medium

This is what I saw as well.

As an aside, how do you post this? I tried copying picture and then pasting, but it says you’re only allowed to upload a certain size file.

1 minute ago, CooL said:

As an aside, how do you post this? I tried copying picture and then pasting, but it says you’re only allowed to upload a certain size file.

You can post the link to the image (right mouse click will often give you this) and the forum automatically converts it to the image in most cases.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, CooL said:

I just copied and pasted the image link into the post, and it automatically converts it into a photo.

• Like 1

Great game out of DJ to close out the FF season. A little too late for me I'm afraid, but hopefully he helped some of you all in your playoffs. 

Definitely like his usage these past couple of games. He'll never replicate 2016 again, but he can still be a serviceable RB2. 

These last two games are a reminder of why I drafted DJ this year.  Vintage DJ from before his injuries.  Why did it take a Duke injury for the Houston coaches to realize how to use DJ?  I know it.  You know it.  And we're just armchair coaches watching from our own homes.  How come these professional coaches couldn't tap his talents?  

DJ still delivered me a ship but it was a frustrating season owning him between the usage, the injuries/concussion, and the Covid.  All is forgiven however when the trophy is hoisted.

I'll target him again next year but his price might be just as high now.

• Like 1