Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

And a 2nd rounder. Plus Houston is taking on David Johnson's entire salary. It seems fairly well balanced.

Houston must have been having issues coming to an agreement with Hopkins on an extension. And maybe that they will have to pay Watson soon.

This is the only thing I was thinking. They couldn’t pay him Mike Thomas money. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After last season diaster where I would tell myself not to come near DJ with a 10 feet pole...I just walked away from all my drafts being a 100% stock holder...again.    Never learned I guess..

We just need a coach who can convince Watson to check it down to DJ 5 times a game 

If you draft David Johnson prepare to be frustrated when you see D.Johnson Touchdown and it’s Duke. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, The G Man said:

So, what can we expect from DJ in Houston? I think 2016 type numbers is a pipe-dream, but how close to that can he come if he stays healthy and everything else falls just right?

Strong RB2

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The G Man said:

So, what can we expect from DJ in Houston? I think 2016 type numbers is a pipe-dream, but how close to that can he come if he stays healthy and everything else falls just right?

RB2 and could flirt with RB1 value. Really depends on his health and if he has anything left in the tank. He wasn't that heavily used in Arizona.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, devaster said:

RB2 and could flirt with RB1 value. Really depends on his health and if he has anything left in the tank. He wasn't that heavily used in Arizona.

I wish Watson would actually throw a few screens or so to his RBs from time to time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BMcP said:

I wish Watson would actually throw a few screens or so to his RBs from time to time.

I can't help but wonder if they will have a choice not to without Nuke and a WR corps that is pretty much perpetually banged up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

People have short memories, give me David Johnson all day long now

 

You can have the guy who has played 30 games in the last 3 seasons...averaged 3.60 ypc on 363 carries in those 30 games...racked up 883 yds receiving and 16 total TDs in those 30 games. He had the one great year, and maybe Houston will be a rebirth for him. But as it stands now, I want nothing to do with the guy, especially in an offense with a now-questionable WR corps. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Same thing I said about Duke last year applies to DJ as well. A QB who's never utilized his RBs in the passing game (NFL and college) working in a system that under-utilizes pass catching backs, including the RB they just signed last year TO catch passes out of the backfield. And you have a redundancy now with both Duke and DJ being talented receivers and both playable on passing downs. Does the 150+ targets vacated by Hopkins mean they'll actually spread the ball enough for DJ to get a significant PPR boost??? Consider me skeptical. 

DJ is owed alot of money and should handle most of the carries and be the undisputed goal line back, but he also looked like he was running uphill in sand last year. And if that was only because of injuries, then he's now an injury risk instead of just slow. As the defacto RB1 on his team, given the situation, what round would you guys be comfortable grabbing him?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nickmo said:

Same thing I said about Duke last year applies to DJ as well. A QB who's never utilized his RBs in the passing game (NFL and college) working in a system that under-utilizes pass catching backs, including the RB they just signed last year TO catch passes out of the backfield. And you have a redundancy now with both Duke and DJ being talented receivers and both playable on passing downs. Does the 150+ targets vacated by Hopkins mean they'll actually spread the ball enough for DJ to get a significant PPR boost??? Consider me skeptical. 

DJ is owed alot of money and should handle most of the carries and be the undisputed goal line back, but he also looked like he was running uphill in sand last year. And if that was only because of injuries, then he's now an injury risk instead of just slow. As the defacto RB1 on his team, given the situation, what round would you guys be comfortable grabbing him?

I’ve been getting around 7,8 and that now seems like a steal

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

I’ve been getting around 7,8 and that now seems like a steal

 

3 hours ago, Nickmo said:

Wow, if that's the case I'm in on him. If he plays 16 games he should put up RB2 #s just based on volume alone. 

 

I would have to think that will change quite a bit between now and when most leagues are drafting in late August. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jstep13 said:

I think this helps DJ's value. After Houston practically gave away Nuk, they're gonna run DJ into the ground to justify their move...(imo)

THIS^ 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jstep13 said:

I think this helps DJ's value. After Houston practically gave away Nuk, they're gonna run DJ into the ground to justify their move...(imo)

Isn’t that what people were saying about their other D.J. last season?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, BMcP said:

I wish Watson would actually throw a few screens or so to his RBs from time to time.

This is my main issue. Seems watson scrambles and would rather take shots downfield than a checkdown.

 

Im fading DJ here. Whats his projected round in a 12 team snake? End of 2nd, 3rd round?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

 

Duke =/=David 

Right, but they ended up giving away a third-rounder for him, only to barely use him.  There’s an argument to be made that Duke is the better player of the two right now.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...