NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Rotoworld Offseason Mock Draft #3: School of Mock

Message added by tonycpsu

f you'd like to follow along with the picks in this draft, you can do so here.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, time for my due diligence.    @2ndCitySox @Slatykamora @DidiFan @The Big Bat Theory @Halo Fan @BlueJaysIn2030 @parrothead @zstlj @knuckleheads

You all have room for one more? 😉

Posted Images

Contrary to what I've been reading/hearing from prominent fantasy analysts and seeing in the ADP data, I'm pretty pleased with the arms I was able to get after using my first three picks on bats.  Everyone seems to be placing a higher than usual value on the elite ace tier, but from the #3 position, I just didn't like the options that were available to me as compared to the bats I was able to secure, and would rather go with quantity in the middle rounds than put all of my hopes on a repeat of otherworldly performances from the top tier arms, which is really just two guys if we're talking "has done it multiple years in a row".  More than half of 200+ IP pitchers won't get to that number the following season.  I'd rather have more darts to throw and hope I get the next ace later than pay for them early with the way they're being valued in drafts this year.

Round 5 Results

# Pick Player Team
49 5.1 Muncy, Max (LAD-1B) 2ndCitySox
50 5.2 Albies, Ozzie (ATL-2B) Ryansm11
51 5.3 Nola, Aaron (PHI-P) tonycpsu
52 5.4 Morton, Charlie (TB-P) mskibisky
53 5.5 Kershaw, Clayton (LAD-P) TheBoatmen
54 5.6 Giolito, Lucas (CHW-P) 89Topps
55 5.7 Villar, Jonathan (MIA-2B) Fbaseballgod
56 5.8 Suarez, Eugenio (CIN-3B) Mdubb23
57 5.9 Realmuto, J.T. (PHI-C) Sidearmer
58 5.10 Guerrero Jr., Vladimir (TOR-3B) DidiFan
59 5.11 Jimenez, Eloy (CHW-OF) Magoo
60 5.12 Hiura, Keston (MIL-2B) Fuzzy_Slippers

Picks are updated here as they're made.

Round 6 Results

# Pick Player Team
61 6.1 Merrifield, Whit (KC-2B) Fuzzy_Slippers
62 6.2 Moncada, Yoan (CHW-3B) Magoo
63 6.3 Ozuna, Marcell (ATL-OF) DidiFan
64 6.4 Darvish, Yu (CHC-P) Sidearmer
65 6.5 Machado, Manny (SD-3B) Mdubb23
66 6.6 Greinke, Zack (HOU-P) Fbaseballgod
67 6.7 Baez, Javier (CHC-SS) 89Topps
68 6.8 Mancini, Trey (BAL-OF) TheBoatmen
69 6.9 Severino, Luis (NYY-P) mskibisky
70 6.10 Bichette, Bo (TOR-SS) tonycpsu
71 6.11 Berrios, Jose (MIN-P) Ryansm11
72 6.12 Paddack, Chris (SD-P) 2ndCitySox

Picks are updated here as they're made.

On 2/14/2020 at 10:41 AM, tonycpsu said:

Contrary to what I've been reading/hearing from prominent fantasy analysts and seeing in the ADP data, I'm pretty pleased with the arms I was able to get after using my first three picks on bats.  Everyone seems to be placing a higher than usual value on the elite ace tier, but from the #3 position, I just didn't like the options that were available to me as compared to the bats I was able to secure, and would rather go with quantity in the middle rounds than put all of my hopes on a repeat of otherworldly performances from the top tier arms, which is really just two guys if we're talking "has done it multiple years in a row".  More than half of 200+ IP pitchers won't get to that number the following season.  I'd rather have more darts to throw and hope I get the next ace later than pay for them early with the way they're being valued in drafts this year.

Yea, this is just a mock but let’s say at draft time we play on a platform that you can only use at Utility. Where are we drafting Yordan? 
Since you drafted Yordan at 27 I figured I ask. The previous mocks on here he went 32,37. I just finished a mock with reddit users and he went 27. In two LABR , Yordan went 42, 48. 

In my leagues on fleaflicker & Fantrax Yordan has OF but on ESPN nope...

Depending on platform what are we doing with Yordan? Do you draft a guy early who is only slotted at utility...

Obviously, leagues with just 1 UT spot and strict eligibility rules will make drafting Yordan a tougher sell.  Multi-eligible bench players help, but the leagues where Yordan is UT are probably also the leagues where multi-eligibles are harder to find.  Mixed LABR requires 20 games and only has one UT, so I'm not surprised folks were hesitant to take him early.

• Like 1