NBC Sports Edge Forums

Gavin Lux 2020 Outlook

With Muncy signing a 3-year extension, where do you see Lux fitting into the Dodgers short and long-term plans?  Lux had a great 2019 in the minors and was pretty decent in his first exposure to MLB pitching.  What are your expectations from G-Lux this season?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seen a couple fantasy people mention a potential platoon with the depth of LA. is LA really stupid enough to not give the top tier prospect time to develop and hit lhp? maybe im bias but i dont see an

39 minutes ago, cizastro said:

With Muncy signing a 3-year extension, where do you see Lux fitting into the Dodgers short and long-term plans?  Lux had a great 2019 in the minors and was pretty decent in his first exposure to MLB pitching.  What are your expectations from G-Lux this season?

Isn't Muncy primarily going to be manning first base?  Not sure why his extension effects Lux all that much ... I have assumed Lux will be the starting second baseman assuming he doesn't crap the bed in spring training or get injured.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, cizastro said:

Lux will be the starting 2B this year and for years to come.  Muncy has zero impact on him.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, cizastro said:

That would make sense.  Rotoworld had Bellinger as their slotted 1B but I guess with Pederson getting shipped out he'd become the full time LF while Betts handles RF and Pollock takes CF?

Bellinger is the CF

2 hours ago, Krambone said:

where do we see Lux hitting in the order

Is there a "we" here posting?  Sorry but I'm always amused when people post asking what "we" think.  Unless the Borg has taken over this forum I don't think any of us have been assimilated into the collective yet.  🙂

Also who really cares.  Rookies usually start back in the line-up to get comfortable.  After that things usually change and talent rising to the top etc etc.  Even on the stacked Dodgers where it doesn't really matter much where you hit in that line-up.  It is all good.

11 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Is there a "we" here posting?  Sorry but I'm always amused when people post asking what "we" think.  Unless the Borg has taken over this forum I don't think any of us have been assimilated into the collective yet.  🙂

Also who really cares.  Rookies usually start back in the line-up to get comfortable.  After that things usually change and talent rising to the top etc etc.  Even on the stacked Dodgers where it doesn't really matter much where you hit in that line-up.  It is all good.

I agree, either 7th or 8th but it doesn't matter, always bet on the talent to win out in the end 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

seen a couple fantasy people mention a potential platoon with the depth of LA. is LA really stupid enough to not give the top tier prospect time to develop and hit lhp? maybe im bias but i dont see anyway he gets platooned outside of him being down right awful. will never learn how to hit lhp if he doesnt get abs. see joc. gave up on joc hitting lhp after 200 ab's

• Like 3
  • 4 months later...