NBC Sports Edge Forums

Gavin Lux 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

interesting, where you see that?

Twitter.  I don’t know if it’s true or not so take it with a grain of salt.  Apparently he’s had them before.  If it’s true and he can’t get right, hello outfield.  

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seen a couple fantasy people mention a potential platoon with the depth of LA. is LA really stupid enough to not give the top tier prospect time to develop and hit lhp? maybe im bias but i dont see an

20 minutes ago, Big League Choo said:

Can you explain to the uninitiated such as myself, what the yips entail? 

He’s having a hard time making an accurate throw from second base to the first baseman. From what I remember Chuck Knoblauch (Yankees) was notoriously known for pioneering this issue back in the day. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Big League Choo said:

Can you explain to the uninitiated such as myself, what the yips entail? 

I think it started as a golf term and other sports started using it.  I believe Rick Ankiel had it.  It's when you just lock up and can't put, throw, or shoot a ball.  It's psychological.  

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

I think it started as a golf term and other sports started using it.  I believe Rick Ankiel had it.  It's when you just lock up and can't put, throw, or shoot a ball.  It's psychological.  

Most famous case recently is Jon Lester's inability to throw over to 1B to hold runners on.  Catchers sometime have that problem throwing back to the pitcher.

8 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Most famous case recently is Jon Lester's inability to throw over to 1B to hold runners on.  Catchers sometime have that problem throwing back to the pitcher.

Lourdes Gurriel Jr had it last year (maybe 2018?) at 2nd base. He simply couldn’t hit the first baseman on even routine throws. He’s an outfielder now.

• Like 1

Scoop Now > 

• Gavin Lux is traveling with the Dodgers on their taxi squad.

And manager Dave Roberts told reporters Tuesday that "his being recalled seems like it’s a very good possibility at some point." When exactly that might happen is unclear, but the 22-year-old infielder belongs on watch lists in standard mixed fantasy leagues as he inches toward his 2020 debut. Lux slugged a pair of home runs off Tony Gonsolin in an intrasquad game Monday afternoon at Dodger Stadium.

Aug 26, 2020, 8:26 AM ET

•  
1 minute ago, B&F said:

If he is called what kind of PT can we expect?  Dodgers are Tampa Bay west.

I would venture not much unless there were injuries...  Maybe 2-3 games a week tops would be my uneducated guess...

Edited by posty
52 minutes ago, herschel said:

I imagine if he comes up and immediately hits, he will see close to regular abs. Have seen it before with other dodgers.....

I agree.  You don't bring up your star prospect to sit him.  And you also don't ruin his timing etc by sitting him.  You bring him up to succeed out of the gate or you don't bring him up at all.  Any reason for holding him back past arbitration time (service time long past) is to assure when he comes up he is an every day player.  Otherwise he stays playing every day in inter-squad games back at the alternate site.  He needs to play one way or the other.

• Like 1

Well semi on the roster.  Quit pussy footing around and do it for real.

Dodgers recalled INF Gavin Lux from their alternate training site.

Lux is technically the 29th man for Thursday's doubleheader against the Giants, but it will be interesting to see whether he sticks around. He's been on the taxi squad and manager Dave Roberts had indicated Lux's promotion was imminent. Where -- or if -- he'll ultimately fit into the team's plans down the stretch remains to be seen. Lux is in the lineup for the second game Thursday, playing second base and batting eighth.

Aug 27, 2020, 6:47 PM ET

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1