NBC Sports Edge Forums

Khris Davis 2020 Outlook

Had a hip contusion last May that likely affected his play the rest of the season.

Sweet ADP of about ~153.   Should be a nice comeback season.  

Probably will have to reach a round or two to draft him. 

I love the value with that ADP especially if you're able to get a good bit of high average/obp guys early on to offset the drain he has on those categories. I could see him hitting 35+ with over 100 RBIs this year with the lineup he's got around him, health permitting. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

I love the value with that ADP especially if you're able to get a good bit of high average/obp guys early on to offset the drain he has on those categories. I could see him hitting 35+ with over 100 RBIs this year with the lineup he's got around him, health permitting. 

I see 40 HR and a BA of...

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
15 hours ago, B&F said:

Had a hip contusion last May that likely affected his play the rest of the season.

Sweet ADP of about ~153.   Should be a nice comeback season.  

Probably will have to reach a round or two to draft him. 

Definitely a great value right now.  Highly doubt that ADP lasts though.

Yeah, I still have a man crush on Krush. I fully expect a BA in the .240s, but I also expect that to come with 40 HRs and 100+ RBI. Tbh, if not for the hip injury last year, I think he would have hit ~55 HR with the way balls were flying out. 

• 2 months later...

I got him for $6 in my keeper league. I am lucky, because my league has two utility spots where DH-only players can go. This is the first year I have acquired DH-only players at the auction, so we will see how it goes. I got Nelson Cruz for $25, and Khrush for an absolute steal, at $6. I am a writer for a baseball site, so getting Davis for so cheap actually prompted me to start writing a series on 2020 rebound candidates, starting with Khris Davis. The bottom line is that I expect a regular season of .247 and 40+ homers (in 162 games, which isn't likely to happen this year, but relative to games played). I won't post it in here because I am not sure of the rules, but if you want to read it, there is a link on my twitter, at my name here. If you have a league with space for a DH, or utility, I would grab him late or cheap, depending on your league. 

Yeah, I couldn't believe I got him for $6, or Cron for $4. We count HR, RBI, R, avg, sb and OPS. A pretty good league to have Khrush and Cron. Cron is going to be in my rebound candidate series as well...but next is Elvis Andrus, who I did not get this year.

Edited by LWOB_mikeMFgray

I mean 32 years old is too young to completely fall off the map, right? If age saps his power to the point where he’s irrelevant you would expect it at about 34ish?

To me it’s too obvious that injuries were the reason for his subpar year in 2019. If he’s healthy he will mash

Edited by UberRebel
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, UberRebel said:

I mean 32 years old is too young to completely fall off the map, right? If age saps his power to the point where he’s irrelevant you would expect it at about 34ish?

To me it’s too obvious that injuries were the reason for his subpar year in 2019. If he’s healthy he will mash

One of the Most underrated players by far this year, until last year was a lock for 40 hrs, if they playing in Arizona Texas fl, oh boy he’s leaving one of the most biggest ballparks he really could end up leading the league in hrs easily , still has a **** without changing ball parks as he did it a few years ago 

22 hours ago, UberRebel said:

They say power is the last thing to go. Look at Nelson Cruz. Dude is 65 years old...still crushing it.

• Haha 3
On 4/23/2020 at 1:16 AM, UberRebel said:

I hope you’re right. That’s my thinking too as I got him for $5 in my main redraft league. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/7/2020 at 6:17 PM, BostonCajun said:

Khris Davis is starting to remind me more and more of Chris Davis every day.  [...]  He's been flat brutal ever since after April of last year.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
15 hours ago, Quinn the Ezkamo said:

Lineups on Twitter showing him batting 7th. Baseballpress and Yahoo! seem to be using yesterday's lineup.

My bad.  He played and actually got a hit.