NBC Sports Edge Forums

Naz Reid 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Congratulations to the 3 people who still had him on their rosters. 

I would argue that usage stat in isolation is not a very meaningful. There are 4 other players on the court in the 22 Min that Reid is on the Court in the last game. (More like 11 min ave most games).

Hi

On 2/23/2020 at 3:29 AM, Gile Pile said:

Maybe you should have reacted faster and add Reid?

The irony of accusing someone of saltiness just because you see something you don't like.  Legitimate discussion around a players potential should include talk about the players faults as well as their positives.  Maybe the mods can include a 'safe space' tag for player threads where people only post hype and pat each other on the back?

The foul problems are legit.  Exhibit A: Reid getting schooled tonight by the refs and Jokic/Denver.

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam
  • Like 3

It all depends on what you expect from Reid ROS.     As long as he plays 20+ minutes and produces 10+pts, 5+ reb with some  3s and stocks, I am happy.

He is and he will be end-of-the-bench guy who is in timeshare with JJ.  He will not save your season or win your league. He will provide some stats when you have no better options.

If you expect Reid to play 30+ minutes every night that is a different story. 

It's true that  he struggled against Jokic.   It is also try that almost 100% of  centers struggle against Jokic.  

• Like 1
On 2/22/2020 at 9:38 AM, jnormy said:

Still wondering about his dynasty value. Do people think he’s just a ROS guy, or is there anything worthwhile long-term here?

He has dynasty value but its dampened by being behind KAT.  Needs a trade.  He is also still terrible as most rookies are.  But he's a beast and he's only 20.  He's most valuable in terms of a handcuff if you own KAT and play roto where you can stash bench spots.    

12 minutes ago, shiftysaj said:

Bruh im here thinking he got hurt, is he really that bad on defense? i dont watch timberwolves basketball. If he keeps this up though they might just started James Johnson over him and play small ball.

watched him against Jokic yday. he has a lot to learn on when to jump etc but when theres a rookie center with not much backup behind him opposition teams are always gna target him hard early on in games 

26 minutes ago, MosDef said:

I have him and Dedmon (4 fouls 6 mins) in the same team. God bless me

Same 😭

Wanna start a support group for the foul bros? Gotta pray to Lord Covington for better nights lol 

• Haha 3
24 minutes ago, shiftysaj said:

Bruh im here thinking he got hurt, is he really that bad on defense? i dont watch timberwolves basketball. If he keeps this up though they might just started James Johnson over him and play small ball.

Yes he is actually that bad on defense.  He's slow especially laterally and his positioning isn't that great which means he gets caught out a lot.  What makes it exponentially worse is that the Timberwolves as a whole suck on defense especially the guards.  Beasley and Russell are horrible.  They leave whoever is the rotating or paint defender out on an island all the time.

• Thanks 1

Good allocation of minutes, shots attempts exclusively at the rim or from 3 point line, and a bunch of blocks.

Sure, it was lots of garbage time special, but I'd definitely take that.

• Thanks 1