NBC Sports Edge Forums

Fangraphs Top 100 (120)

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/2020-top-100-prospects/

Wander Franco finally with an 80 FV hit tool, so people can stop talking about that

For Yankees Fans (not that I am one, just own a few players), other than Jasson at 49, I'm super interested to see Kevin Alcantara (80) and Ezequiel Duran (85) make the list since I own them in a few leagues and haven't seen them on lists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Just now, bigbossman said:

Josh Jung doesn't crack the top 150?

It's a 120 list and everyone on it is a 50 FV or above, everyone not on it are guys they have 45 or lower. Currently they have Jung 45+, but they haven't updated their Rangers list this year. I'ma ssuming if he was bumped up to 50, he'd be on there so hes likely still a 45.

11 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

What did he say.  Also who is "he."

The lists author--Eric Longenhagen:

Eric Too: Eric, Thanks for doing this!  Just curious how close Noelvi Marte was to making the cut and also whether you think Rober Puason is a good shot to make next year’s list.  Thanks for all of the great work!

Eric A Longenhagen: I did some background to make sure I wasn’t totally missing anything but he was cut from the mix pretty quickly. You have him in the right group, though. He, Puason, Erick Pena, etc. Those types are good bets to rise in the next calendar year.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Team Dynasty said:

They're releasing a Top Fantasy Prospect list today for Dynasty Leagues. Can't wait to see it, and compare it to their regular list.

One thing to keep in mind though is that the lists are written by entirely different authors who don't work together (the way Eric and Kiley did before Kiley left), so I'm not so certain I'd want to cross reference the lists too much. I would honestly look more closely at Eric's list and judge for fantasy based on the individual grades given for each respective hitting/pitching category.

Of course, it will still be interesting to peruse the fantasy list - I just tend to weigh Eric's analysis a bit more as their full time prospect writer.

• Like 2
On 2/14/2020 at 8:51 AM, Dark One said:

One thing to keep in mind though is that the lists are written by entirely different authors who don't work together (the way Eric and Kiley did before Kiley left), so I'm not so certain I'd want to cross reference the lists too much. I would honestly look more closely at Eric's list and judge for fantasy based on the individual grades given for each respective hitting/pitching category.

Of course, it will still be interesting to peruse the fantasy list - I just tend to weigh Eric's analysis a bit more as their full time prospect writer.

I agree. No offense to Shelly, as she did a great job, I just trust Eric more than most.

• Like 1