NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Ronald Acuna 2020 Outlook

charger_ss24

11 minutes ago, Hanghow said:

Can I join one of these leagues where people are letting Acuna go to the second round? If it's a pay league, all the better...

I would say that picks 6-14 are usually not set in stone. One only has to look at Juan Soto in this last draft. 

Edited by Rotofan24

5 hours ago, Hanghow said:

Look at that top 3... I wonder if the top tier goes 4 deep next year with Trout just being one of the guys in the mix.

nah, I take trout over Soto every time. Soto might even have less HR than Trout.  They both don’t steal so I would always go trout>soto

i probably go trout over Tatis too just because I don’t trust Tatis as much as Acuña. But I would expect Trout/Acuña/Tatis to be the top 3 

(4 mins ago) Acuna was removed from Friday's game against the Nationals with an apparent left foot injury, 680 The Fan Atlanta reports.

Acuna fouled a ball off his left foot in the top of the fourth inning, and he had to be helped off the field as a result. He was unable to put any weight on his foot when exiting the game. The nature and severity of the injury are unclear. Ender Inciarte replaced Acuna as a pinch hitter and could serve in center field if Acuna is forced to miss additional time.

1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

Major talent but the weakest and softest player to ever play the game. 

Agreed. The foul ball off the leg is a freak thing and obviously not his fault, but the injuries he went through earlier in the season were kind of bull and honestly I think he wasn't really hurt i think he needed those days off because he was fatigued after coming into the season so fat and out of shape. I hope he takes his off-season training seriously this time around and shows up in great shape for spring training next year. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kwelch said:

Snit said something similar when Acuña hurt his wrist; but he ended up missing 3-4 days. But of course I do remember couple years ago when I believe he hurt his knee while running towards 1st; everyone thought he was going to miss a significant amount of time after watching the video, but he played the next day. 

I agree with FoulPole, he needs to have a better offseason program to get him conditioned and strong. I sure hope not another Andruw Jones in the making. 

24 minutes ago, AF25 said:

Snit said something similar when Acuña hurt his wrist; but he ended up missing 3-4 days. But of course I do remember couple years ago when I believe he hurt his knee while running towards 1st; everyone thought he was going to miss a significant amount of time after watching the video, but he played the next day. 

I agree with FoulPole, he needs to have a better offseason program to get him conditioned and strong. I sure hope not another Andruw Jones in the making. 

No doubt, a better offseason program will prevent a fluke wrist injury and fluke foul ball off his foot. 

• Haha 2

I agree with the general sentiment that anybody under 25 who gets injured is lazy. I'd like to add that anybody 25-30 who gets hurt is injury-prone and anybody over 30 who gets hurt is old and deteriorating. Am I doing this right?

Edited by Hanghow
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hanghow said:

I agree with the general sentiment that anybody under 25 who gets injured is lazy. I'd like to add that anybody 25-30 who gets hurt is injury-prone and anybody over 30 who gets hurt is old and deteriorating. Am I doing this right?

Exactly...stretch you lazy mother $&@&