Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ronald Acuna 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Hanghow said:

Can I join one of these leagues where people are letting Acuna go to the second round? If it's a pay league, all the better...

 

I would say that picks 6-14 are usually not set in stone. One only has to look at Juan Soto in this last draft. 

Edited by Rotofan24
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So many things wrong with this post. A 22 year old has peaked? You criticize Acuna because he struck out 188 times in 156 games as a 21 year old in 2019? Mike Trout struck out 184 times

[That's enough of the fat jokes. Find something constructive to say.]

He is talented but I wouldn't say right now that he's a sure thing to be in the first round. If I had to bet, I would bet he is. 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Hanghow said:

Look at that top 3... I wonder if the top tier goes 4 deep next year with Trout just being one of the guys in the mix.

 


nah, I take trout over Soto every time. Soto might even have less HR than Trout.  They both don’t steal so I would always go trout>soto

i probably go trout over Tatis too just because I don’t trust Tatis as much as Acuña. But I would expect Trout/Acuña/Tatis to be the top 3 

Link to post
Share on other sites
 
(4 mins ago) Acuna was removed from Friday's game against the Nationals with an apparent left foot injury, 680 The Fan Atlanta reports.

Acuna fouled a ball off his left foot in the top of the fourth inning, and he had to be helped off the field as a result. He was unable to put any weight on his foot when exiting the game. The nature and severity of the injury are unclear. Ender Inciarte replaced Acuna as a pinch hitter and could serve in center field if Acuna is forced to miss additional time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Major talent but the weakest and softest player to ever play the game. 

 

He cracked a ball off his ankle. That makes him weak and soft? Man some of the posters on here act like they are Superman and won't ever sustain a fluke injury.  Either way, xrays negative.  He's day to day.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

Major talent but the weakest and softest player to ever play the game. 

Agreed. The foul ball off the leg is a freak thing and obviously not his fault, but the injuries he went through earlier in the season were kind of bull and honestly I think he wasn't really hurt i think he needed those days off because he was fatigued after coming into the season so fat and out of shape. I hope he takes his off-season training seriously this time around and shows up in great shape for spring training next year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kwelch said:

 

 

Snit said something similar when Acuña hurt his wrist; but he ended up missing 3-4 days. But of course I do remember couple years ago when I believe he hurt his knee while running towards 1st; everyone thought he was going to miss a significant amount of time after watching the video, but he played the next day. 

I agree with FoulPole, he needs to have a better offseason program to get him conditioned and strong. I sure hope not another Andruw Jones in the making. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, AF25 said:

 

Snit said something similar when Acuña hurt his wrist; but he ended up missing 3-4 days. But of course I do remember couple years ago when I believe he hurt his knee while running towards 1st; everyone thought he was going to miss a significant amount of time after watching the video, but he played the next day. 

I agree with FoulPole, he needs to have a better offseason program to get him conditioned and strong. I sure hope not another Andruw Jones in the making. 

No doubt, a better offseason program will prevent a fluke wrist injury and fluke foul ball off his foot. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with the general sentiment that anybody under 25 who gets injured is lazy. I'd like to add that anybody 25-30 who gets hurt is injury-prone and anybody over 30 who gets hurt is old and deteriorating. Am I doing this right?

Edited by Hanghow
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hanghow said:

I agree with the general sentiment that anybody under 25 who gets injured is lazy. I'd like to add that anybody 25-30 who gets hurt is injury-prone and anybody over 30 who gets hurt is old and deteriorating. Am I doing this right?

Exactly...stretch you lazy mother $&@&

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...