NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deebo Samuel 2020 Outlook

Picked him up in Round 11 with Fuller, J Brown, Sanders and Edelman still available in a 10 teamer. Might regret it. But I do have Thomas, Juju, Woods, AJG ahead of him. Hoping he can come up and become a solid WR3 for bye weeks. Is that too much to ask?

Edited by sdlengua
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're a terrible googler.

KIttle, Aiyuk, Deebo, and only back  up running backs.....against the desperate and broken Eagles.

Deebo Samuel got 25 snaps in his first game of the season. He posted three catches for 35 yards and one rush for 10 yards. Samuel looked good in his limited work, and his production on fewer than half

4 minutes ago, sdlengua said:

Wondering if I should drop and pick up Preston Williams. Or hold for later in the season. 

No IR spot? I would try to keep him. I'm not a big fan of rookies so I think if Deebo can come back healthy he will be the WR1 on that team. As far as Preston I wouldn't, I think I'd try to hold onto Deebo.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

No IR spot? I would try to keep him. I'm not a big fan of rookies so I think if Deebo can come back healthy he will be the WR1 on that team. As far as Preston I wouldn't, I think I'd try to hold onto Deebo.

None. I wish there was. Guess maybe Deebo will come back healthy and then rejoin a solid offensive team.I have Thomas, Juju, Woods and AJ. Should hold me over for a few weeks. Just get this feeling Preston is going to blow up in MIami even though he's coming back from a season ending injury.

1 hour ago, jeffnsee said:

Any chance Deebo will be able to suit up for Week 4? With WRs dropping like flies, would love to get him into my lineup. Assuming he can stay healthy (big IF), Deebo is gonna beast it this season

I’m afraid he’s not gonna be right all season. Was reported he had a setback in his rehab & was feeling pain in that foot. That’s why he was put on IR. That’s a terrible sign with a Jones fracture. I had to drop him & I’m staying away this year

33 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

I’m afraid he’s not gonna be right all season. Was reported he had a setback in his rehab & was feeling pain in that foot. That’s why he was put on IR. That’s a terrible sign with a Jones fracture. I had to drop him & I’m staying away this year

Do you have a link to the report of the setback?

14 minutes ago, Swinger said:

Not finding any reports of a set back.   

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/deebo-samuel-had-injury-setback-49ers-hopeful-hell-return-week-4

I googled "Deebo Samuel setback" this was literally the first result. 

It's not a given that he's back any time soon. Initial reports said Deebo could miss 3-4 months (from June 18th). Add in a setback and who knows it could be till mid-October or later until Samuel's able to return to the field.

• Thanks 1

Remember when a Shanahan offense was a gold mine for at least one receiver (Houston - Johnson, Washington - Garcon, and Atlanta - Jones). Granted Andre Johnson and Julio Jones didn't need Kyle Shanahan to make them great, but he didn't hurt either. Made Matt Ryan look like an MVP. With San Fran's defense fading a bit (Buckner traded, Bosa hurt, general regression), it seems San Fran may have to throw a bit more than last year. And I've generally felt Shanahan hasn't thrown as much in San Fran because he didn't have the weapons. He tried a washed up Garcon, didn't work. You give Deebo a year to acclimate, he may be able to do great things. So that was 2019. But he has to be healthy. That's the big wild card here.