Deebo Samuel 2020 Outlook

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're a terrible googler.

KIttle, Aiyuk, Deebo, and only back  up running backs.....against the desperate and broken Eagles.

Deebo Samuel got 25 snaps in his first game of the season. He posted three catches for 35 yards and one rush for 10 yards. Samuel looked good in his limited work, and his production on fewer than half

9 minutes ago, dave.zavala89 said:

anyone else rolling him out there? Gilmore shadowing him all game? feel like this is going to be a low scoring game with kettle seeing the only upside in this offense 

Hoodie will game plan to shut down Kittle, they shut down Waller a few weeks ago to 2recs for 9yds only. Hoodie will always work on eliminating ur best option. Not sure Deebo will get shadowed with Gilmore, I have a feeling Deebo will have a gd game.

Edited by Tomei7
1 hour ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Nobody takes away Kittle. He eats when they want him to eat. 

I agree likely not the best matchup. I could see Aiyuk getting the Gilmore treatment. 

I disagree, when Hoodie decides to shut down ur best option it usually comes to fruition, and I’m pretty sure the 49ers game planned for that all week, they will look to expose elsewhere.

19 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

I disagree, when Hoodie decides to shut down ur best option it usually comes to fruition, and I’m pretty sure the 49ers game planned for that all week, they will look to expose elsewhere.

this ^

i remember prime Jimmy Graham, with prime Drew Brees, facing Hoodie 

0-0-0 stat line. 

now, i think Kittle is a far superior all around tackle foosball player to vintage Graham, but JG was unstoppable during that era. 

'til he met Hoodie.

not saying Kittle gets the same donut, but don't ever discount the curmudgeonly bastid up in the Foxy Boro.

and don't forget that nobody knows Jimmy GQ better than Hoodie.

• Like 1

looked pretty good before he left the game...

(1 hr ago) Samuel (hamstring) has been ruled out of Sunday's game in New England, Dan Graziano of ESPN.com reports.

Prior to his departure in the second half, Samuel had five catches (on five targets) for 65 yards and three carries for seven yards. After undergoing June surgery on a Jones fracture in his left foot whose recovery extended into the regular season, he may be poised for yet another absence from the 49ers offense.

43 minutes ago, herschel said:

looked pretty good before he left the game...

(1 hr ago) Samuel (hamstring) has been ruled out of Sunday's game in New England, Dan Graziano of ESPN.com reports.

Prior to his departure in the second half, Samuel had five catches (on five targets) for 65 yards and three carries for seven yards. After undergoing June surgery on a Jones fracture in his left foot whose recovery extended into the regular season, he may be poised for yet another absence from the 49ers offense.

Man, he looked great! He also had 2 carries for ~20yds that were called back for holding penalties that happened behind the play! Really hoping it was more of a precautionary move given the score...Dude is a solid WR2 floor!

No bueno.

(12 hrs ago) Coach Kyle Shanahan expects Samuel (hamstring) to miss "some time," Chris Biderman of The Sacramento Bee reports. "You never know. Know it pulled on him on that run, which usually is some time (missed)," Shanahan said.

While "some time" isn't a specific diagnosis, Shanahan's words make it sound like Samuel's more likely than not to sit out against the NFC West rival Seahawks in Week 8. Samuel's participation, or lack thereof, in practice this week should provide a more concrete assessment of his status for Week 8 and beyond.

I dropped with the hopes of picking back up in 3 weeks or so.  Since the 49ers have a week 11 bye, I envision a scenario where they hold him out until week 12.  If you have an open IR spot, stash him there.  Otherwise, lots of games to be played in between now and then with potential pickups in the meanwhile.  I just didn't have the luxury of stashing him.

• Like 3

same here guys holding i feel like in a deep league hes just too valuable to drop unless you really have no choice due to bye weeks and other injuries.

behind kettle hes the clear #2 in this offense even using him as a RB

• Like 2