NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Trout 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

This is baseball, not basketball.  I think others said the same but you ignored or can't/won't read.

I didn’t ignore anything to me that old tired excuse holds zero weight. Basketball has nothing do with Trout having zero playoff success haha. Angels were more successful without Trout winning the World Series in 2002.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trout's Mom   

Ever been a new dad?  You begin to realize you need to watch your promises,  as it ain't all about you anymore.   At the time im sure he felt that way.  As you get closer to being a new dad,  rea

I would enjoy watching Mike Trout in the post season sometime soon.  Baseball fans and Angel fans deserve it.    

On 6/22/2020 at 10:28 AM, sjs1890 said:

Trout is a phenomenal player but to say he would play for no money is laughable. Why so many excuses for the best player many have ever seen? Before Trout came the angels frequently made playoffs even winning the World Series in 2002. Just my opinion but the best in every other sport have playoff success.

Thia is ridiculous. Basketball and baseball are nothing alike. Playoff success is really nothing when on average the most you can do to affect a game is have at bats that highly depend on what your team has done before you even come up. Barry Bonds in 2002 world series was being walked left and right had like a .407 avg barely any rbi but we all know the deal. They were scared and in 30 plate appearances he walked 13 times. For his career in the NLCS he was barely above the Mendoza line batting .203 and largely because of 2002 his career playoff avg was a bad but not horrendous .245 which take away 2002 would have been pathetic career avg yet we all know even before steroids he was the most complete player in mlb history and with steroids he was our generation version on Babe Ruth. Mike Trout has had some horrendous teams. I think hes only made the playoffs 1 year yet every single season thus far has been a legit threat to win mvp. Baseball is the Ultimate definition of a complete team sport.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

For me he moves outside top 5 players in re-drafts for this season. Probably unlikely but hard to swallow if he ends up not playing. Also consider that when his child is born he's probably looking at a mandatory quarantine of 10-14 days, and in a 60 game season that amounts to around 15% of playing time (same as missing 24 games in a full season).

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Simsanityy179 said:

There's word that hes considering not playing this season

I think all his fantasy owners (myself included) will join him

Wake me up when there's a vaccine 

8 hours ago, Sidearmer said:

For me he moves outside top 5 players in re-drafts for this season. Probably unlikely but hard to swallow if he ends up not playing. Also consider that when his child is born he's probably looking at a mandatory quarantine of 10-14 days, and in a 60 game season that amounts to around 15% of playing time (same as missing 24 games in a full season).

Probably more, he will need time before birth to quarantine, time to be with baby, and time to rebubble. Could easily be half the season when all done.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, sjs1890 said:

Trout is Mr. "when and where" tho lol, funny how his stance changed quickly.

Amazing how realizing the major impact this could have on his family is what you really mean.  Havin gyour wife get the virus right at the time of her delivery date is scary bad.  And if she came through labor fine then she would still have to be immediately separated from their baby for the first two weeks of it's life because of the need to quarantine the baby from the infected mother.  And if Trout tested positive and his wife didn't he wouldn't be able to be with her during the birth nor hold his first child in his arms for probably at least a month.

So no it did NOT change quickly.  If you read what he said he said he and his wife and been discussing this over the last few weeks every single day.  And what you quoted was from a longer time back when it looked like southern California has escaped the worse.  Now LA is one of the hot beds of the virus.  So what is suddenly "funny" about reading the new data figures and reconsidering things in light of the hard facts?

• Like 5
33 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Amazing how realizing the major impact this could have on his family is what you really mean.  Havin gyour wife get the virus right at the time of her delivery date is scary bad.  And if she came through labor fine then she would still have to be immediately separated from their baby for the first two weeks of it's life because of the need to quarantine the baby from the infected mother.  And if Trout tested positive and his wife didn't he wouldn't be able to be with her during the birth nor hold his first child in his arms for probably at least a month.

So no it did NOT change quickly.  If you read what he said he said he and his wife and been discussing this over the last few weeks every single day.  And what you quoted was from a longer time back when it looked like southern California has escaped the worse.  Now LA is one of the hot beds of the virus.  So what is suddenly "funny" about reading the new data figures and reconsidering things in light of the hard facts?

Right contracting covid during the pregnancy would be really scary, but he cant also have it both ways. Covid was always going to be a risk thru this season since there's no vaccine, no one thought California was just gonna be free and clear of covid. So his stance never should have changed at all, and pretty much just proves the whole "when and where" talk was just all bs from the start is what im getting at.

• Haha 2
55 minutes ago, sjs1890 said:

Right contracting covid during the pregnancy would be really scary, but he cant also have it both ways. Covid was always going to be a risk thru this season since there's no vaccine, no one thought California was just gonna be free and clear of covid. So his stance never should have changed at all, and pretty much just proves the whole "when and where" talk was just all bs from the start is what im getting at.

Ever been a new dad?  You begin to realize you need to watch your promises,  as it ain't all about you anymore.  

At the time im sure he felt that way.  As you get closer to being a new dad,  reality makes you question things you didn't before.  I think we just saw him grow up a little on social media.  

• Like 6

First of all Trout is planning on playing. he's in Anaheim with the rest of the team getting ready for the season. Second of all he's being careful, he's going to be a father next month, the last thing he wants, is for him to come in contact with Covid 19. Unless something dramatic happens, I expect trout to play, but i do not expect him to play all 60 games, he could play 40 or 50 games.    

• Like 1
13 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Most ridiculous post I have seen on the internet today: you have any kids? 

Look back in this thread, he has more of the same. Not sure he is old enough to have kids.  🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Listen, Trout is there and planning on playing. He simply stated he'll always do what's best for his family. How is that an issue? My wife and I just had our second kid a month and a half ago. Watching her giving birth with a mask on is just awful, thankfully my son shot out of her like a rocket.

Quick side note regarding player safety: with the amount of testing and strict guidelines underway, playing Major League Baseball this season will be safe than wearing a mask and going to the grocery store.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, herschel said:

Do we know if this dude is playing or not?  Havent looked at a fantasy site for 4 months and am confused whats going on.....

Sounds like yes, but its not certain yet. And either way, he's likely looking at missing some time for having the baby, then getting two negative tests to come back to the MLB team.

Just a gut feeling, looking back after the end of this short crazy 2020 season, the people who seriously shied away from drafting Trout in the top 5 will have regret.
Spider sense tingling, ha.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...